Author Topic: How safe are the COVID vaccines?  (Read 11757 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« on: March 11, 2021, 02:23:47 pm »
March 11, 2021
How safe are the COVID vaccines?
By Randall Hoven

I’ll bet you haven’t heard this: more congenital anomalies/birth defects and emergency room visits were reported after getting a COVID vaccine in the U.S. than after any of the other 93 vaccine types in the CDC’s VAERS database. And more deaths than 92 other vaccine types.

Here is how COVID vaccines rank among 94 vaccine types in terms of reported post-vaccine adverse effects.

Congenital anomaly/birth defect: 1.
    Emergency room: 1.
    Death: 2.
    Life threatening: 5.
    “Serious” adverse effects: 7.
    Hospitalized: 10.
    Permanent disability: 12.
    Total adverse effects: 15.

Here, for example, is the screen shot of the CDC’s sorted list for the adverse effect of congenital anomaly/birth defect.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/how_safe_are_the_covid_vaccines.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 04:11:22 pm »
Italy, Norway and Denmark stop giving out AstraZeneca jabs over blood clot fears despite EU and UK regulators saying there is NO link
    A woman in Austria died from a blood clot shortly after an AstraZeneca jab
    Austria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Luxembourg have halted use of the batch
    Denmark, Norway and Iceland went further, suspending all AstraZeneca doses
    Italy paused the rollout of a different batch of the vaccines over blood clot fears
    EU's medical regulator said there is no clear link between clots and the jabs 

By Ross Ibbetson and Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
Published: 05:20 EST, 11 March 2021 | Updated: 11:01 EST, 11 March 2021

Story at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:42:52 pm »
The question shouldn't be 'How safe', but rather 'How necessary'.  There is no reason whatsoever that someone who has survived  Covid should be getting a vaccine.  Yet the CDC keeps pushing it.

Maybe if the CDC would stop lying to the American people, maybe then would more people be willing to take it.  But the fact that they continue to lie screams to me that nothing they say is to be trusted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 04:56:13 pm »
The question shouldn't be 'How safe', but rather 'How necessary'.  There is no reason whatsoever that someone who has survived  Covid should be getting a vaccine.  Yet the CDC keeps pushing it.

Maybe if the CDC would stop lying to the American people, maybe then would more people be willing to take it.  But the fact that they continue to lie screams to me that nothing they say is to be trusted.
A couple from our church in their 70s had Covid and recovered without incident. For reasons not at all clear, they were told their immunity "expired" after three months and they had to have the vaccine. They got it. After the second shot two days ago, the husband reported that his arm hurt a lot and that his wife felt so terrible she spent all of yesterday in bed.

What's the actual point of this?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 05:01:00 pm »
For reasons not at all clear, they were told their immunity "expired" after three months and they had to have the vaccine.

They were lied to.  NIH has already released data demonstrating the long-lasting effectiveness of the body's ability to fight off the disease after recovery.

That is the question I want answered.  Truthfully answered.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 06:01:44 pm »
So out of ~95 million vaccine does given, 37 cases of bad reaction?  Am I reading that correctly?

That would be 0.00004% reaction rate.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 06:16:21 pm »
A couple from our church in their 70s had Covid and recovered without incident. For reasons not at all clear, they were told their immunity "expired" after three months and they had to have the vaccine. They got it. After the second shot two days ago, the husband reported that his arm hurt a lot and that his wife felt so terrible she spent all of yesterday in bed.

@mountaineer
I talked to a guy last week that had had COVID in November.  They suggested he get the shot recently.  He said he got really ill almost flu like after the shot.  Apparently people that have had COVID end up having a really bad reaction to the vaccine.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 07:20:15 pm »
@mountaineer
I talked to a guy last week that had had COVID in November.  They suggested he get the shot recently.  He said he got really ill almost flu like after the shot.  Apparently people that have had COVID end up having a really bad reaction to the vaccine.

My GP advised that I not get vaccinated for three months, as a strong reaction would be likely. She did not, however, advise that I do get vaccinated. My thinking at present is to be tested for antibodies come that time. If I have them in significant degree vaccination would be pointless.

I've also heard that people who received Lilly's or Regeneron's mab treatments should not be vaccinated for a while.

At present, we "know":

* Antibodies persist in people who have recovered for longer than SARS-CoV-2 has been in circulation in the US;

* Antibodies persist in people who have been vaccinated for longer than SARS-CoV-2 has been in circulation in the US;

* Antibodies persist in people who have received a mab treatment for longer than SARS-CoV-2 has been in circulation in the US;

* There is much we don't know, due to how long SARS-CoV-2 has been in circulation in the US (14-16 months) and because immunity processes are being examined in greater depth than in the past.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 01:29:02 am »

Valid question.

What stats aren't being reported?  How many people are actually dying from the vaccines??  I'd say there are many more dying and many more are having severe adverse side effects then is being reported or acknowledged to the public.

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-vaccine-deaths-cause-pfizer-moderna-fact-check-966-died-1574447

https://www.kmvt.com/2021/03/11/utah-woman-39-dies-4-days-after-2nd-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-autopsy-ordered/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 01:46:19 am »
Congenital anomalies? The vaccines have not been available to child bearing age women nearly long enough for "congenital anomalies" to appear in any substantial number. This sounds like anti-vaxxer crackpottery.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 11:40:06 am »
For some people, the second dose in a COVID-19 vaccination series is causing a stronger reaction and more side effects than the initial dose. That was also true during the clinical trials.

This may be a concern not only for those experiencing side effects, but also those who are worried a COVID-19 vaccine isn't working because they didn't have a reaction.

Dr. Gregory Poland, an infectious diseases expert and head of Mayo Clinic's Vaccine Research Group, says everybody is different. He says the first dose teaches your body to recognize the virus and the second vaccine is kicking the body's system into gear.

"It's as if you've started a cold car, with the first dose," says Dr. Poland. "The car is idling. Then you give it that second dose, and because the car has warmed up, you can put the pedal to the metal and go." But everybody is going to respond differently.

"Each of our bodies releases different amounts of chemicals, or immune signals. One body might release more than what's needed, causing more of a response, and someone else's body might release exactly the right amount. It's what we've called the 'Goldilocks phenomenon.' Not too much, not too little, but just right." ...
Mayo Clinic, Feb. 16, 2021

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 01:55:16 pm »
Bookmark 🔖
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 05:18:57 pm »
I noticed this morning in church that the husband of the couple I referenced above - both of whom had Covid, recovered, were vaccinated and experienced side effects (hers much worse than his) - still wears a mask.  :thud:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 04:56:21 am »
The doctor on the following video thinks they will prove extremely deadly.

Listen to this doc and you decide.

https://www.brighteon.com/43a197d1-6f88-49f3-8eca-6765c7b39145

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 09:28:11 am »
The doctor on the following video thinks they will prove extremely deadly.

Listen to this doc and you decide.

https://www.brighteon.com/43a197d1-6f88-49f3-8eca-6765c7b39145
Interesting. I have already decided I will not get the shot. That information only tends to reinforce that decision. To each their own, but I see little to gain in risking potentially serious complications over a shot for a disease that has a 99.9% survival rate. Yes, you might well get sick, but there are (although those pushing the shot and that concept from day one would disagree) treatments which I know have worked, and I will rely on those instead should the need arise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 01:25:00 pm »
I got the first round of the pfizer vaccine this past Monday.  No reaction at all.  Not even soreness in the arm.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 01:30:15 pm »
I got the first round of the pfizer vaccine this past Monday.  No reaction at all.  Not even soreness in the arm.
It's the second shot that can cause unpleasant side effects, I've heard from people who got it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 01:57:03 pm »
It's the second shot that can cause unpleasant side effects, I've heard from people who got it.

Both my parents and my oldest daughter have had both.  My daughter was the only one that had mild discomfort with the second shot.

Growing up, she was the one that would cry if she did not get a band aid for the slightest scratch.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:58:19 pm by thackney »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 02:05:02 pm »
Then I hope you're more fortunate than my friend who had to spend the following day in bed with chills and nausea, or the friend of a friend who reported waking up freezing, her legs were heavy and hurting, "felt like I was going to get sick," with headache, sweating and racing heartbeat. She said she felt better after about nine hours, though, so I'm sure it's all good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 02:25:13 pm »
I've been paying attention to those I know who have been getting the vaccine (again, I have the benefit of being about as low-risk as it gets and in the back of the line). So far I've seen no major red flags that would make me say "no way." Those who got the Moderna shot seem to be having the strongest side effects; J&J recipients have generally had virtually none.

I would be wary if the AstraZeneca vaccine were my only choice, given the poor results Europe is having with that one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 02:45:10 pm »
Then I hope you're more fortunate than my friend who had to spend the following day in bed with chills and nausea, or the friend of a friend who reported waking up freezing, her legs were heavy and hurting, "felt like I was going to get sick," with headache, sweating and racing heartbeat. She said she felt better after about nine hours, though, so I'm sure it's all good.

I will say that I had flu like symptoms for three days after my 2nd Moderna shot...they started within a few hours of being vaccinated...but I may be the exception as I have trouble with medications to begin with.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2021, 01:37:00 am »
I will say that I had flu like symptoms for three days after my 2nd Moderna shot...they started within a few hours of being vaccinated...but I may be the exception as I have trouble with medications to begin with.
Awesome, I am scheduled for first Moderna injection on Monday **nononono* I wouldn't even bother except that my son and DIL are whack a doodle libs and seriously restrict how much we can see our granddaughters because COVID.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 02:15:25 am »
Both Modera jabs gave me a sore arm for a couple of days,  but did not affect lifting / strength,  or anything like that.  I found it reassuring to have evidence that my immune system was kicking into gear.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2021, 02:54:36 am »
Valid question. What stats aren't being reported?  How many people are actually dying from the vaccines??  I'd say there are many more dying and many more are having severe adverse side effects then is being reported or acknowledged to the public. https://www.newsweek.com/covid-vaccine-deaths-cause-pfizer-moderna-fact-check-966-died-1574447  https://www.kmvt.com/2021/03/11/utah-woman-39-dies-4-days-after-2nd-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-autopsy-ordered/
@libertybele

I know what happened with AstraZeneca.  I know it due to son living in the UK and getting his first shot of AstraZeneca this past Monday.  He mentioned the blood clot factor so I found the data on that.  Everything in quotes below happened with THE SAME BATCH OF ASTRAZENECA.  That batch did not go to the UK or Wales so no one there has had a blood clot or clots from other batches of AstraZeneca. 

At the beginning of this virus, Oxford Un. in the UK, started work on a vaccine before any other medical group.  I noted that since it was Oxford; that England started work before we did.

Son said he felt tired, not much energy, a mild headache, the day after the shot and has been fine since then.  I'll get back to you when he has the second shot.

Here is the quote about countries stopping shots of AstraZeneca:
"A woman in Austria died from a blood clot shortly after an AstraZeneca jab.
Austria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Luxembourg have halted use of the batch.
Denmark, Norway and Iceland went further, suspending all AstraZeneca doses.
Italy paused the rollout of a different batch of the vaccines over blood clot fears."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:59:32 am by Victoria33 »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2021, 02:52:50 pm »
UK's equivalent of the FDA concerning the AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-regulator-confirms-that-people-should-continue-to-receive-the-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

EU's equivalent of the FDA concerning the AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-benefits-still-outweigh-risks-despite-possible-link-rare-blood-clots

The Reader's Digest summary of the above is that there is no evidence tying the vaccine to the clots, and fewer of the vaccinated millions have experienced clots than happen randomly in the general population.

It may do so in the coming weeks, but at this point AZ has not applied to the FDA for EUA and their vaccine cannot legally be used in the US. AZ uses a different technology than do Pfizer and Moderna; J&J uses the same basic technology, though differing in detail.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.