Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 27768 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #850 on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:13 pm »
Who is doing nothing? I do plenty. You're just pissed I won't do for YOU and your feckless movement.  :shrug:

Helping the enemy is a classic signature of the Principled Conservative.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #851 on: March 21, 2021, 07:35:33 pm »
@Absalom   @Mesaclone

I would be in complete agreement if it weren't for the fact that I don't even think he is a RINO . As bad as "Party People" can be,they aren't THAT bad. He is nothing less than a leftist posing as a Rino.

Which,really isn't as big a step to the left that some of you think it would be.

Well, all RINOs and other Principled Conservatives are Rodents who hide their long hairless tails in their shorts.   So it's no step at all.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #852 on: March 21, 2021, 07:36:57 pm »
If Trump were the answer, we wouldn't be where we are now. He had his shot.

A simple point of fact. Excuses doesn't change that fact.

If the country's course is going to be changed for the better in any long term way, it won't be through Trump. And the sooner people start realizing that the sooner we can try something that will work - smaller government with less authority over our lives. The biggest increase of control over our lives occurred under Trump's leadership over the last year. The economic destruction far exceeds what any war has done going back to at least WWII. As a populist he blew with the wind. A principled leader would have put the constitution he/she swore to uphold first.

It is time to move on from Trump.

He wasn't even allowed to have his first term, his second term is filled by an idiot who can't find the helicopter, and so he deserves his third term.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #853 on: March 21, 2021, 07:40:00 pm »
You have not got 80% of ANYTHING in 30 friggin years. You have not won the field on a single damn thing. You have lost ground over and over and over.

That ain't fighting. That's compromising with the devil. Go ahead and hang together... And keep selling that same ol bullcrap that has not won anything ever.

You won't get any help from me. Not till you Show me the Damn Money. SPIT.
You see this last four years as some sort of great performance. I don't see sh*t. Not a single win. I see fecklessness and bullshit. Just like always.

So no.

The Americans stopped the coronation of the Drunken Harridan.   

And more Americans voted for Donald Trump than any presidential candidate ever in history, including the current mindless occupant seated at the Resolute Desk.

And, no, the Americans aren't expecting any help from the self-proclaimed Principled Conservatives to restore America to it's glory.   Principled Conservatives are neither.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #854 on: March 21, 2021, 07:42:11 pm »
Neither am I. And I resent your joining that common accusation.

Because there's no "evidence" behind it?...hmmmm?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #855 on: March 21, 2021, 07:50:28 pm »
No wins. The ball moved LEFT, The power of the federal state GREW. And tens of trillions of dollars of our treasure was taken.

What am I missing?

The understanding that whining doesn't move mountains, but moles can.

What's the first step in steering the Titanic away from the iceberg?

Making sure a Drunken Harridan doesn't get to give the orders.

What's the next step the new captain has to take?

Ordering helm to port (well, starboard actually, but the real Titanic struck on the starboard side)  AND having a crew willing to obey his lawful orders.

So the first step was taken.   The Titanic takes miles to turn, and not only the Rodents but the Whiners (ahem!) were the mutineers and the helm thus never responded. 

Thanks, Principled Conservatives, we can move forward without you from here.

Those treasonous idiots want to go immediately, in just one election, from the totalitarian regime of Obama to Libertarian Paradise.   They tend to forget that even the Founders had their traitors, who passed the Alien and Sedition Act, etc.

And, naturally, because the Principled Conservatives are at heart traitors to liberty, they insist on perfection and want to be the sand in the bearings to stop all movement until their sick idea of perfection is reached.   They profit by their treason, so they won't call it treason.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #856 on: March 21, 2021, 07:51:35 pm »
ah just wait there will plenty more gone missing

The Rodents stole 25% of what Trump spent in just one fake Wuhan Bill.

In the very first month of the Senile Regime.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #857 on: March 21, 2021, 07:54:47 pm »
@Mesaclone   I don't know if you followed the debate on the accomplishments of Ronald Reagan.  But @roamer_1 was absolutely adamant that it was okay President Reagan grew the size of government and blew the lid off the national debt.  He proved that the principle in principled conservatism is fiscal responsibility is fluid, depending not on the reason, but on the President incurring the debt.

Roamer proved his ilk are, at best, hypocrites, at worst, flat out liars.  IMHO, trolls should be on an enforced hunger strike.

Reagan was excused from responsibility for the deficit that occurred during his tenure because it's the Congress that's responsible for the budget.

The Rodents in the Congress decided to cut a deal with Reagan to cut spending $3 for every $1 cut in taxes, and wrote budgets that did the reverse.

Reagan had the cold war to win and the economy to repair.

Just like under Trump.

Trump had the Wall to build, the Wuhan Fake Pandemic to combat, and traitors at all levels of government and in the media.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #858 on: March 21, 2021, 07:55:14 pm »
Because there's no "evidence" behind it?...hmmmm?

No, it's because calling somebody a Democrat is a personal attack on TBR, and it draws a temporary ban.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #859 on: March 21, 2021, 07:58:29 pm »
Theater.[/quote

Theater?    Traitor McStain's one vote stopped Trump from successfully repealing the unconstitutional MessiahCare scam that devastated American health care.

That's not theater, that's betrayal.

Traitor McStain opposed GW Bush's tax cuts.

That's not theater, that's betrayal.

That Ass Romney is the ONLY Senator to ever vote for the impeachment of a president from his own party.

And the basis for impeachment was not only proven to be a malicious lie, it was known to be a malicious lie before the impeachment was started in the House.

This isn't theater from the Left's heroes, it's treason.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #860 on: March 21, 2021, 08:02:02 pm »
There is no distinction Tumpy is the head of the GOP. It is all  the same thing.

And no, by the numbers, Tumpy did horribly.

You mean by the numbers of millions of new jobs?  Or the numbers of Invaders kept on the other side of our borders?

Maybe you're referring to the numbers of dollars the Europeons had to pay NATO to cover their debts?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #861 on: March 21, 2021, 08:04:44 pm »
Every President since Ronald Reagan followed his lead on the national debt.  Every. one.

Even the ones the Principled Conservatives supported, like Clinton and Obama.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #862 on: March 21, 2021, 08:08:04 pm »
We won the cold war with that debt. Reagan's total was about $1.85 trillion over eight years. And for the record I was unhappy about that too but crushing the Soviet Union was a major positive thing to come out of it. People were substantially better off in much of the world when Reagan left office compared to when he took it.

What have we won with the last 10 trillion under Trump in just four years??? How many people are substantially better off anywhere in the world when he left office compared to when he entered it?

1) Adjust for inflation and that 10 trill becomes about 4 trill.   Which makes it only twice Reagan's.   Not bad considering the RINO Effect.

2) Who gives a crap if anyone in the WORLD is better off or not?   I certainly do not.  What matters is that the actions of president Trump, unlike those of his four predecessors, made AMERICANS better off.

Real Conservatives, as opposed to Principled Conservatives, aren't globalists.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #863 on: March 21, 2021, 08:09:53 pm »
You're kidding, right?

Winning NOTHING is alright? That's the only standard we can hope for?

The Americans didn't win "nothing".

We won four years of Hillary Isn't President, and we're still in that wonderful era.   Whoever has their hand shoved up Biden's backside isn't Hillary.   It's Obama.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #864 on: March 21, 2021, 08:16:48 pm »
There were wins that I refuse to itemize for the umpteenth time, but DEFICIT!  100% fail.

The sooner everybody realizes it, the sooner this conversation to nowhere ends.

The conversation has to acknowledge WHY the deficit isn't being addressed.

And Trump is not that reason.

Paul Ryan, McTurtle, McStain, Romney and every other RINO squish who betrays us is.   

The RINOs vote for the budget scams.

The RINOs accept, without any complaint at all, elections stolen by the Rodents.  And there's a decades long history of this, including Al Franken's theft that saddled us with MessiahCare and the 2018 theft of the House by election fraud.

It's the Principled Conservatives who are the problem here and we Americans need to remove them from office, one primary election at a time until we reshape the GOP into a party faithful to the wishes of it's voters.

The Rodent party is comprised of jackasses who don't realize the mule team is supposed to be led from the wagon, not the other way around.

The GOP wants it's elected representatives to be our employees, and it's way past time a mass firing occurred.

Only when the GOP is purged of it's RINOs can the nation start effectively addressing it's budget problems.

Whining about "deficit deficit deficit" when the house is one fire, and blaming the fire chief and not the arsonist is the first issue of the day.

Our last fire chief was REALLY good compared to most.   So the problem clearly isn't with him.   He doesn't hold the matches or the gasoline.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #865 on: March 21, 2021, 08:20:26 pm »
Quote from: roamer_1
"You have not got 80% of ANYTHING in 30 friggin years. You have not won the field on a single damn thing. You have lost ground over and over and over.

That ain't fighting. That's compromising with the devil. Go ahead and hang together... And keep selling that same ol bullcrap that has not won anything ever.

You won't get any help from me. Not till you Show me the Damn Money. SPIT.
You see this last four years as some sort of great performance. I don't see sh*t. Not a single win. I see fecklessness and bullshit. Just like always.

So no."

And more Americans voted for Donald Trump than any presidential candidate ever in history, including the current mindless occupant seated at the Resolute Desk.

And, no, the Americans aren't expecting any help from the self-proclaimed Principled Conservatives to restore America to it's glory.   Principled Conservatives are neither.

It sure is interesting that when Trump criticized the R party establishment during the 2016 primaries for its ineffectiveness, and even refused to commit his support to the eventual R nominee during one of the candidate debates, he was held up by many as a visionary, transformative leader; when my friend @roamer_1 here criticizes the R party establishment, and Trump, for their ineffectiveness and refuses to commit his support to R party nominees, he is denounced as a democrat.

Trump's supporters spoke as one : they would no longer accept that failure to support the party essentially meant supporting the Ds.  But by the eve of the 2016 general election they were telling the rest of us that failure to support Trump essentially meant supporting the Ds.  And what do you know, we're still hearing the same argument now.

Why is it that Trump's self-glorifying pro-Trump/damn the R party stance was admirable, while roamer_1's objective pro-Conservativism/damn the R party stance isn't?
James 1:20

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #866 on: March 21, 2021, 08:46:13 pm »
The conversation has to acknowledge WHY the deficit isn't being addressed.

And Trump is not that reason.

Paul Ryan, McTurtle, McStain, Romney and every other RINO squish who betrays us is.   

The RINOs vote for the budget scams.

Whining about "deficit deficit deficit" when the house is one fire, and blaming the fire chief and not the arsonist is the first issue of the day.

Our last fire chief was REALLY good compared to most.   So the problem clearly isn't with him.   He doesn't hold the matches or the gasoline.

The primary accountability for the Federal Debt lies with Congress, not with any President.  That's simply a Constitutional fact.

But that last "fire chief" had nary a single word to say about fire prevention; he can't determine the budget, but he can certainly use the bully pulpit, and he completely failed to do so.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #867 on: March 21, 2021, 08:51:07 pm »

It sure is interesting that when Trump criticized the R party establishment during the 2016 primaries for its ineffectiveness, and even refused to commit his support to the eventual R nominee during one of the candidate debates, he was held up by many as a visionary, transformative leader; when my friend @roamer_1 here criticizes the R party establishment, and Trump, for their ineffectiveness and refuses to commit his support to R party nominees, he is denounced as a democrat.

Trump's supporters spoke as one : they would no longer accept that failure to support the party essentially meant supporting the Ds.  But by the eve of the 2016 general election they were telling the rest of us that failure to support Trump essentially meant supporting the Ds.  And what do you know, we're still hearing the same argument now.

Why is it that Trump's self-glorifying pro-Trump/damn the R party stance was admirable, while roamer_1's objective pro-Conservativism/damn the R party stance isn't?
Because roamer_1 is about as conservative as Geraldo Rivera or Traitor Joe.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #868 on: March 21, 2021, 09:06:54 pm »

Look n00b...I'm not sure if you think you're amassing cool points or hoping to boost your cred with certain people around here...but you're just looking like a trollish bleep.

@roamer_1 is as conservative as they come.  He doesn't need to justify himself to some recently arrived schmuck who's only claim to fame here so far is picking fights with long term rock ribbed conservatives.

Just a word of advice...sit back and listen and learn and start using your brain before you hit send on your next post.  The mods won't be as nice nor will they give you the advice I've given you.

Just because someone doesn't think that Trump isn't the second coming or the most Conservative POTUS we've ever had (he isn't)...doesn't mean that person is a raging Liberal...I know that might be hard for the two working brain cells you have left to comprehend...but that's thats reality outside the small cloistered world of political discussion boards.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #869 on: March 21, 2021, 09:10:00 pm »
Look n00b...I'm not sure if you think you're amassing cool points or hoping to boost your cred with certain people around here...but you're just looking like a trollish bleep.

@roamer_1 is as conservative as they come.  He doesn't need to justify himself to some recently arrived schmuck who's only claim to fame here so far is picking fights with long term rock ribbed conservatives.

Just a word of advice...sit back and listen and learn and start using your brain before you hit send on your next post.  The mods won't be as nice nor will they give you the advice I've given you.

Just because someone doesn't think that Trump isn't the second coming or the most Conservative POTUS we've ever had (he isn't)...doesn't mean that person is a raging Liberal...I know that might be hard for the two working brain cells you have left to comprehend...but that's thats reality outside the small cloistered world of political discussion boards.
Blah blah blah. If he's as conservative as they come then there is no such thing as conservative. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #870 on: March 21, 2021, 09:10:57 pm »
:yowsa: Exact same boat! Never voted for him until this year and I did so based solely on his performance in office.

I can't think of a better reason to support someone.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #871 on: March 21, 2021, 09:12:17 pm »

Don't worry about this  pointing-up guy  @Killer Clouds   Our very own @txradioguy doesn't like new members who challenge his friends.

Keep on truckin' ....   :yowsa:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #872 on: March 21, 2021, 09:14:20 pm »
Don't worry about this  pointing-up guy  @Killer Clouds   Our very own @txradioguy doesn't like new members who challenge his friends.

Keep on truckin' ....   :yowsa:

Let's not encourage nOObs to draw bans?  J/S.  He was already warned by a Mod.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #873 on: March 21, 2021, 09:15:18 pm »

@roamer_1 has an in-depth, principled, and consistent understanding of Conservatism, which he has described here more than once.  Informed by writers from Burke to Kirk, he recognizes that a Conservatism of politics only is no Conservatism at all, and he insists on the complete, genuine article, not a veneered populism.

Right now he's the subject of considerable derision around here because he refuses to yield, but that is also in the nature of Conservatism - it refuses to yield.  Of course you are free to disagree with him - sometimes I do - but he has more than earned his bona fides.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #874 on: March 21, 2021, 09:18:10 pm »
@roamer_1 has an in-depth, principled, and consistent understanding of Conservatism, which he has described here more than once.  Informed by writers from Burke to Kirk, he recognizes that a Conservatism of politics only is no Conservatism at all, and he insists on the complete, genuine article, not a veneered populism.

Right now he's the subject of considerable derision around here because he refuses to yield, but that is also in the nature of Conservatism - it refuses to yield.  Of course you are free to disagree with him - sometimes I do - but he has more than earned his bona fides.
Like was said earlier if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's duck.