Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 28607 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #750 on: March 20, 2021, 05:50:10 pm »
No I was not in favor of it. You are putting words in my mouth.

You're lying.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #751 on: March 20, 2021, 05:50:18 pm »
That all of this  pointing-up  is perfectly okay with you if Ronald Reagan's signing the rubber checks, growing the government and blowing the lid off our national debt..

Your principled conservative schtick is over.  Hypocrite.

BULLSHIT.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #752 on: March 20, 2021, 05:54:32 pm »
In before it is locked.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #753 on: March 20, 2021, 05:55:47 pm »
You're lying.

No I am not. If you care to go back there and continue this then ping me there.

I said I was less concerned with what happened under Reagan because Conservatism was in it's infancy in American politics. I said that's a whole different thing after thirty YEARS of failure in that regard.

I also questioned the point - as inflation went DOWN under Reagan, spending went DOWN under Reagan, and interest stayed stable. 

Your excuse with your hand in the cookie jar in noted.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2021, 05:56:20 pm »
BULLSHIT.

Right back at ya, mountain man. 

Your only way to defend yourself, after years of your bullshit preaching and insulting, is to say clearly and loudly that Ronald Reagan, the granddaddy of our modern debt, was wrong to blow the lid off our national debt, paving the way for generations of debt we'll never see our way clear of.

Further admit that by YOUR own definition of principled conservatives, Ronald Reagan was not one.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2021, 05:58:03 pm »
No I am not. If you care to go back there and continue this then ping me there.

I said I was less concerned with what happened under Reagan because Conservatism was in it's infancy in American politics. I said that's a whole different thing after thirty YEARS of failure in that regard.

I also questioned the point - as inflation went DOWN under Reagan, spending went DOWN under Reagan, and interest stayed stable. 

Your excuse with your hand in the cookie jar in noted.

Your cornerstone measurement of principled conservatism is fiscal responsibility --- and you measure this for every other Republican president by debt, and debt alone.

Yet you give special dispensation to Ronald Reagan because your cult tells you to.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2021, 05:58:35 pm »
In before it is locked.

It's nowhere near time for that. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2021, 05:58:40 pm »
You widen your criticism from Trump to include the GOP and then the rat congress to suit your argument. I have nothing good to say about the GOP nor the rat congress yet as president Trump did pretty damn well.

There is no distinction Tumpy is the head of the GOP. It is all  the same thing.

And no, by the numbers, Tumpy did horribly.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2021, 06:01:48 pm »
There is no distinction Tumpy is the head of the GOP. It is all  the same thing.

Worse than Ronnie?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2021, 06:04:49 pm »
I don't see how anyone can't see the difference between what Trump was doing, how both parties reacted to it, and whats happening now.

@skeeter

I do.

It's all about "Bad Orange Man tells uncomfortable truths,and I want sweet lies!

Hate Bad Orange Man!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #760 on: March 20, 2021, 06:05:49 pm »

By your measure and your measure only, because you are unwilling to look at any other metric.

I have no problem with criticizing Trump for what is fair to hold him alone accountable, but I find your conveniently expanding your criticism to include others over whom he had very little control, just for arguments sake, a bit frustrating.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #761 on: March 20, 2021, 06:07:22 pm »
 :pondering:

Let's see what conservative stances are on a few issues...

Pro Life, Pro 2nd Amendment, Pro fiscal responsibility, anti Big Government, anti book burning, pro free speech, pro States rights, and a bunch of other issues.

Every supporter of each of these stands will claim (very loudly if necessary) that their select one of these items ties to every other issue.  Hence, all positive achievements by a given President can be ignored if he does not meet a subjective interpretation of how he stands on that one thing.

This is why just about every Republican feels justified in trashing every other Republican.  No wonder everybody's pissed off.  Why every crab in a bucket will pull back any one crab attempting to escape.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #762 on: March 20, 2021, 06:17:39 pm »
No, that would be the RINO's and NT's who failed to support him....that's who "handed this country over to America's enemies". It was people like YOU who betrayed us all and lifted up the Left to its current position...we went into battle against these folks and you either ignored the call, to duty, hid from the fight, and/or deserted us in the heat of battle to sustain your own self serving sense of "purity". The gall you have to come here and blame Trump, your fellow conservatives, and the MAGA movement is absolutely astounding. Physician...heal thyself.
--------------------
Trump is about as conservative as Benito Mussolini, if that.
As for his "love of country", when called upon to serve during Viet Nam he dodged the draft;
(just as Grand Pa Freddy did 75 years earlier in Germany/Britannica). His Pop 'bought off' a
Podiatrist Doctor tenant who issued a report that Donnie had incapacitating heel bone spurs
on his feet; even though Trump had played varsity U of P College baseball, football, lacrosse
and soccer over the previous 4 years.
No surprise, as he has referred to those who served in our military as losers, several times.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #763 on: March 20, 2021, 06:18:27 pm »
Right back at ya, mountain man. 

Your only way to defend yourself, after years of your bullshit preaching and insulting, is to say clearly and loudly that Ronald Reagan, the granddaddy of our modern debt, was wrong to blow the lid off our national debt, paving the way for generations of debt we'll never see our way clear of.

Further admit that by YOUR own definition of principled conservatives, Ronald Reagan was not one.

HEAR ME NOW: I ENDORSE NO DEBT. NONE. EVER.
Is there times when it must happen: Sure. As I told you there: WWII is a great example.
And as I told you there, I am not far along in my understanding of what happened under Reagan, line by line. Nor does it matter - Because the sins of one are not the same as those of ALL.=There has been NO correction. IN THIRTY YEARS.

That Reagan borrowed too much is no secret and I have never denied it.
That I expect less out of a nascent movement than I do out of a mature one is reasonable.

And NO, that does not mean I endorse Reagan's debt.

And the 1.8 trillion of Reagan is a far far cry from the tens of trillions committed by BOOSH, Obummer, and Tumpy.

THAT's The debt we'll never get out of - ALL debt with no cuts in spending. In fact, with INCREASE in spending all the way along. THAT is NOT Reagan.

What ever your bitch about Reagan, he DID cut spending. Inflation came DOWN, so he was not printing money, and he even raised taxes when expected receipts from a burgeoning economy were not as much of a balm as expected.

UNDERSTAND THAT: He RAISED taxes to cover what did not gain from the growing economy.

It is not the debt that is the conservative bane, though we don't want it... It is debt without cutting spending. And whatever Reagan did, the fault lies more and more with each generation that did not correct it, and added to it instead... Till we get to you screeching like you do. As if tearing down Reagan will be some sort of excuse.

Online roamer_1

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2021, 06:25:20 pm »
HEAR ME NOW: I ENDORSE NO DEBT. NONE. EVER.

Despite the yelling and rambling, you do.  You have deemed the massive debt incurred under and through Reagan was necessary and good.

Hypocrite, heal thyself.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #766 on: March 20, 2021, 06:26:48 pm »
By your measure and your measure only, because you are unwilling to look at any other metric.

I have no problem with criticizing Trump for what is fair to hold him alone accountable, but I find your conveniently expanding your criticism to include others over whom he had very little control, just for arguments sake, a bit frustrating.

It isn't a matter of convenience, it is a matter of fact. He is the leader of the party. It is his job to assemble a coalition capable of executing his agenda. That didn't happen. Not by a long ways.

No martyrs. He didn't get it done.

And every law that went in the books moved left.
Only temporary EOs were conservative, and as I have said so many times, EOs don't count. And you should understand why by now.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #767 on: March 20, 2021, 06:28:52 pm »
Despite the yelling and rambling, you do.  You have deemed the massive debt incurred under and through Reagan was necessary and good.

Hypocrite, heal thyself.

NO, I FRIGGIN DID NOT. WHAT PART OF "I ENDORSE NO DEBT" Don't you understand?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #768 on: March 20, 2021, 06:31:30 pm »
Exponentially.

How could it be exponentially when President Trump was just following in Reagan's footsteps?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #769 on: March 20, 2021, 06:32:32 pm »
How could it be exponentially when President Trump was just following in Reagan's footsteps?

TWENTY TRILLION DOLLARS. Next question.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #770 on: March 20, 2021, 06:32:40 pm »
NO, I FRIGGIN DID NOT. WHAT PART OF "I ENDORSE NO DEBT" Don't you understand?

I understand you're not being truthful.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #771 on: March 20, 2021, 06:33:37 pm »
:pondering:

Let's see what conservative stances are on a few issues...

Pro Life, Pro 2nd Amendment, Pro fiscal responsibility, anti Big Government, anti book burning, pro free speech, pro States rights, and a bunch of other issues.

Every supporter of each of these stands will claim (very loudly if necessary) that their select one of these items ties to every other issue.  Hence, all positive achievements by a given President can be ignored if he does not meet a subjective interpretation of how he stands on that one thing.

This is why just about every Republican feels justified in trashing every other Republican.  No wonder everybody's pissed off.  Why every crab in a bucket will pull back any one crab attempting to escape.

Naw, it ain't that. YOU GOT NOTHING. AGAIN.

It's that.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #772 on: March 20, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
TWENTY TRILLION DOLLARS. Next question.

Every President since Ronald Reagan followed his lead on the national debt.  Every. one.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #773 on: March 20, 2021, 06:34:32 pm »
I understand you're not being truthful.

Bullshit I'm not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #774 on: March 20, 2021, 06:35:13 pm »
Every President since Ronald Reagan followed his lead on the national debt.  Every. one.

And that's your excuse.