Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 28588 times)

Online DB

Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2021, 05:02:01 pm »
If Trump were the answer, we wouldn't be where we are now. He had his shot.

A simple point of fact. Excuses doesn't change that fact.

If the country's course is going to be changed for the better in any long term way, it won't be through Trump. And the sooner people start realizing that the sooner we can try something that will work - smaller government with less authority over our lives. The biggest increase of control over our lives occurred under Trump's leadership over the last year. The economic destruction far exceeds what any war has done going back to at least WWII. As a populist he blew with the wind. A principled leader would have put the constitution he/she swore to uphold first.

It is time to move on from Trump.

Online DB

« Reply #726 on: March 20, 2021, 05:03:57 pm »
Theodore Roosevelt:

How can any of us escape the arena? We all continue to be ground down by the burden of ever expanding government.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #727 on: March 20, 2021, 05:06:12 pm »
You are no more conservative than myself nor most of those here on this site. The ONLY difference is that most of us understand we live in a Republic and cannot simply impose all that we want...we have to gain popular support, make politically wise and strategic moves, and...gads...sometimes compromise as Reagan advocated to get the 80% conservative solution.

You have not got 80% of ANYTHING in 30 friggin years. You have not won the field on a single damn thing. You have lost ground over and over and over.

That ain't fighting. That's compromising with the devil. Go ahead and hang together... And keep selling that same ol bullcrap that has not won anything ever.

You won't get any help from me. Not till you Show me the Damn Money. SPIT.
You see this last four years as some sort of great performance. I don't see sh*t. Not a single win. I see fecklessness and bullshit. Just like always.

So no.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #728 on: March 20, 2021, 05:13:28 pm »
How can any of us escape the arena? We all continue to be ground down by the burden of ever expanding government.

It's easy to cloister oneself away from the rest of the population and sling brickbats at those trying to win. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #729 on: March 20, 2021, 05:17:04 pm »
It's easy to cloister oneself away from the rest of the population and sling brickbats at those trying to win.

No it is not. The herd demands you join them as a mighty cattle stampede.

And you're branded a traitor for not following the populist lemmings over the cliff

And maybe those brickbats are  meant to turn the herd.

WIN friggin WHAT?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2021, 05:21:47 pm »
No it is not. The herd demands you join them as a mighty cattle stampede.

And you're branded a traitor for not following the populist lemmings over the cliff

And maybe those brickbats are  meant to turn the herd.

WIN friggin WHAT?

A thousand-post Topic that got liberty nowhere.  Nobody wins, just like what happens to crabs in a barrel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2021, 05:24:31 pm »

I don't see how fighting for a different slave master leads to winning. Both major parties are corrupt to their core and serve only their own masters. Some masters may throw more bread crumbs than others but slaves they remain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2021, 05:25:27 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

:amen: x 100!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2021, 05:26:51 pm »
A thousand-post Topic that got liberty nowhere.  Nobody wins, just like what happens to crabs in a barrel.

Right. Because the lion's share go chasing after bumperstickers and one-liners and don't really expect performance.

SERIOUSLY DUDE. I was thus accused EXACTLY for not voting for John Friggin McCain't And Romulous. The very same tired old bullcrap arguments as are falling out of @Mesaclone 's mouth RIGHT NOW.

Y'all forget too fast how each of them were ALSO painted as sainted conservatives. And their accolytes speak the very same as Tumpy's.

Standing here where I always have, I can tell you, it is exactly the same. And it has NOTHING to do with winning for Conservatives.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:27:54 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2021, 05:29:56 pm »
I don't see how fighting for a different slave master leads to winning. Both major parties are corrupt to their core and serve only their own masters. Some masters may throw more bread crumbs than others but slaves they remain.

Well, if both parties are no different from each other, how would you suggest going forward?  Third Parties have been tried since 1789, and only the Republicans managed to pull it off, and that was over a century and a half ago.

Otherwise, the only option is the Holler, and very few of us can exercise that option.

Pushing a thousand posts, and not a single mind was changed in either direction.  It's disappointing.  But, I can control what I do, and I'm not giving up so easily.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2021, 05:32:37 pm »
Otherwise, the only option is the Holler, and very few of us can exercise that option.

Pushing a thousand posts, and not a single mind was changed in either direction.  It's disappointing.  But, I can control what I do, and I'm not giving up so easily.

Neither am I. And I resent your joining that common accusation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2021, 05:32:45 pm »
Right. Because the lion's share go chasing after bumperstickers and one-liners and don't really expect performance.

SERIOUSLY DUDE. I was thus accused EXACTLY for not voting for John Friggin McCain't And Romulous. The very same tired old bullcrap arguments as are falling out of @Mesaclone 's mouth RIGHT NOW.

Y'all forget too fast how each of them were ALSO painted as sainted conservatives. And their accolytes speak the very same as Tumpy's.

Standing here where I always have, I can tell you, it is exactly the same. And it has NOTHING to do with winning for Conservatives.

Crab Mentality
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2021, 05:33:45 pm »
Neither am I. And I resent your joining that common accusation.

Sorry, did not mean to do that.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2021, 05:33:53 pm »
I don't see how anyone can't see the difference between what Trump was doing, how both parties reacted to it, and whats happening now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:36:41 pm by skeeter »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2021, 05:34:52 pm »

SERIOUSLY DUDE. I was thus accused EXACTLY for not voting for John Friggin McCain't And Romulous. Maybe you should ponder how McCain and Romney despised Trump for being SO YUGELY different from them in philosophy and governance.The very same tired old bullcrap arguments as are falling out of @Mesaclone 's mouth RIGHT NOW. No. Not the same at all. Trump is the anti-Romney and anti-McCain. How can you be so blind as not to see that...its almost prima facie.

Y'all forget too fast how each of them were ALSO painted as sainted conservatives. And their accolytes speak the very same as Tumpy's. Its the denizens of McCain/Romney who drive your NeverTrump movement...my god...these are your closest allies. Trump is the antithesis of everything those two stand for and they hate him for it.

Standing here where I always have, I can tell you, it is exactly the same. And it has NOTHING to do with winning for Conservatives.MAGA folks are no less principled and staunchly conservative than yourself...you are deluding yourself in a very self aggrandizing way if you believe that. I respect your beliefs...in part because I and nearly every MAGA supporter hold the same beliefs. Where we part with you is HOW we actuate those beliefs in a way that actually gets them into legislation and governance.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2021, 05:38:11 pm »
I don't see how anyone can't see the difference between what Trump was doing, how both parties reacted to it, to whats happening now.

No wins. The ball moved LEFT, The power of the federal state GREW. And tens of trillions of dollars of our treasure was taken.

What am I missing?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2021, 05:40:28 pm »
@Absalom

Nobody really give a flip about what you think,Princess.
----------------------
Yet you read and comment .....????
Obviously desperate for any attention.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #743 on: March 20, 2021, 05:42:44 pm »
No wins. The ball moved LEFT, The power of the federal state GREW. And tens of trillions of dollars of our treasure was taken.

What am I missing?

ah just wait there will plenty more gone missing
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2021, 05:43:09 pm »
What leads to tyranny is big government. PERIOD. Y'all just think you can do big government better than the democrats. You  can't. Yours is a caricature of conservatism, not the real thing.

@Mesaclone   I don't know if you followed the debate on the accomplishments of Ronald Reagan.  But @roamer_1 was absolutely adamant that it was okay President Reagan grew the size of government and blew the lid off the national debt.  He proved that the principle in principled conservatism is fiscal responsibility is fluid, depending not on the reason, but on the President incurring the debt.

Roamer proved his ilk are, at best, hypocrites, at worst, flat out liars.  IMHO, trolls should be on an enforced hunger strike.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2021, 05:45:18 pm »
Maybe you should ponder how McCain and Romney despised Trump for being SO YUGELY different from them in philosophy and governance.

Theater.

No. Not the same at all. Trump is the anti-Romney and anti-McCain. How can you be so blind as not to see that...its almost prima facie.

YES it is exactly the same.

Its the denizens of McCain/Romney who drive your NeverTrump movement...my god...these are your closest allies. Trump is the antithesis of everything those two stand for and they hate him for it.

Nice try at guilt by association. I am in NO movement. I have lent impetus to NO ONE. I am AGAINST ALL SIDES. I have no dog in this hunt.

MAGA folks are no less principled and staunchly conservative than yourself...you are deluding yourself in a very self aggrandizing way if you believe that. I respect your beliefs...in part because I and nearly every MAGA supporter hold the same beliefs. Where we part with you is HOW we actuate those beliefs in a way that actually gets them into legislation and governance.

I don't accuse anyone. All I do is hold up the things we are supposed to AGREE on, and the promise to support ALL of it. That I Laugh outright at the hubris of calling Tumpy's movement Conservative is fair game, and TRUE. NOTHING Conservative came out of it. Just like every other hyphenated conservatism. No exceptions.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2021, 05:47:01 pm »
@Mesaclone   I don't know if you followed the debate on the accomplishments of Ronald Reagan.  But @roamer_1 was absolutely adamant that it was okay President Reagan grew the size of government and blew the lid off the national debt.  He proved that the principle in principled conservatism is fiscal responsibility is fluid, depending not on the reason, but on the President incurring the debt.

Roamer proved his ilk are, at best, hypocrites, at worst, flat out liars.  IMHO, trolls should be on an enforced hunger strike.

No I was not in favor of it. You are putting words in my mouth.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2021, 05:48:26 pm »
ah just wait there will plenty more gone missing

Oh you damn betcha.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2021, 05:49:42 pm »
The power of the federal state GREW. And tens of trillions of dollars of our treasure was taken.  What am I missing?

That all of this  pointing-up  is perfectly okay with you if Ronald Reagan's signing the rubber checks, growing the government and blowing the lid off our national debt..

Your principled conservative schtick is over.  Hypocrite.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2021, 05:49:43 pm »

What am I missing?
You widen your criticism from Trump to include the GOP and then the rat congress to suit your argument. I have nothing good to say about the GOP nor the rat congress yet as president Trump did pretty damn well.