Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 27767 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #525 on: March 17, 2021, 02:28:53 am »
I will stick with the Conservative ideal of requiring proof in a court of law, and laying claims in the public square aside.
That being said, that proof is leaking out, ever so slowly.
I'd love to see a case hit court with full discovery and presentation of evidence. I'd be tickled.

One thing Reagan did, was to make being "conservative" 'cool' again.

Unfortunately, that meant a lot of people who just wanted to be cool started calling themselves conservative even though they had no clue what it was.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #526 on: March 17, 2021, 02:37:02 am »
I'd love to see a case hit court with full discovery and presentation of evidence. I'd be tickled.

Oh, me too... I am not without sympathy or suspicion. But 'innocent until proven guilty' remains theguiding principle, and I will not give that up. Don't be pissed at me for that - be pissed at conservative reporters and lawyers that could not provide that proof.

One thing Reagan did, was to make being "conservative" 'cool' again.

Unfortunately, that meant a lot of people who just wanted to be cool started calling themselves conservative even though they had no clue what it was.

That's all right - And Limbaugh had quite a bit to do with that too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #527 on: March 17, 2021, 04:09:40 am »
The new Conservative is either a Xi conservative, or a Putin conservative, glad i could clear up a lot of mysteries for some of you.
 :silly: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #528 on: March 17, 2021, 04:57:33 am »
No.

Trump made the Invasion of the United States by the  Rodents and RINOs a matter of public debate, unmasking who our traitors are.   All Never Trumpers are traitors, btw.

Trump accomplished much, and what he accomplished is all the more impressive because HE accomplished it, practically single-handedly.

@Sled Dog

Quoted because it bears repeating. Trump didn't do anything positive because of the RNC,he did it IN SPITE of the RNC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #529 on: March 17, 2021, 04:59:40 am »
I have not seen that proven.

@roamer_1

That's because it's hard to see clearly when your head remains up your hindquarters all the time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #530 on: March 17, 2021, 05:40:01 am »
@roamer_1

That's because it's hard to see clearly when your head remains up your hindquarters all the time.

You must be speaking from experience.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #531 on: March 17, 2021, 05:08:56 pm »
@roamer_1

You must be speaking from experience.

Har de har har.

Let's stay on topic, and not on each others backs?  TIA

I know this thread practically begs for it, but still.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #532 on: March 17, 2021, 05:13:06 pm »
Har de har har.

Let's stay on topic, and not on each others backs?  TIA

I know this thread practically begs for it, but still.....

@Cyber Liberty

I was thinking that discussing RINO's WAS related to the topic?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #533 on: March 17, 2021, 05:14:37 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I was thinking that discussing RINO's WAS related to the topic?

It is!  Just don't call each other that!

:beer: :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #534 on: March 17, 2021, 05:17:38 pm »

:beer: :beer: :beer:

@Cyber Liberty

I still don't get it. Most seem to be proud of being a RINO,not ashamed of it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #535 on: March 17, 2021, 05:19:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I still don't get it. Most seem to be proud of being a RINO,not ashamed of it.

"You can't call my wife that!!!  I can, but you can't!"   :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #536 on: March 17, 2021, 05:59:09 pm »
I'd peg it at the GWHB admin.  From the day he was Inaugurated in 1989, he worked full time to tear down everything Reagan did.  The tax hike after we read his lips was just the icing on that NWO cake.

Sure, but the economic wonders Reagan crafted lasted through the end of the Rapist's Regime.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #537 on: March 17, 2021, 06:00:12 pm »
I have not seen that proven.

And one can't prove sunlight to blind cave fish that won't open the eyes it doesn't have, either.

You don't want to accept the truth, that's your choice.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #538 on: March 17, 2021, 06:18:13 pm »
And one can't prove sunlight to blind cave fish that won't open the eyes it doesn't have, either.

You don't want to accept the truth, that's your choice.

That ain't the point. I see it just fine. And I do have certain sympathies. But proving things in the court of public opinion based on biased propaganda from either direction is a caution. That's why we have always been instructed 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law'. That is a precept I will not discard readily.

And any blame in that lies with reporters and lawyers that couldn't get it done, not with me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #539 on: March 17, 2021, 06:21:39 pm »

Meh. Doesn't work anyhow... I ain't an 'R' of ANY flavor. And likely never will be again.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2021, 06:34:02 pm »
Meh. Doesn't work anyhow... I ain't an 'R' of ANY flavor. And likely never will be again.

That's the way I saw it, basically....:shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2021, 06:55:50 pm »
Meh. Doesn't work anyhow... I ain't ....

I can't help but notice you flip in and out of the "ain't" vernacular.  When you flip to it, are you trying to sound tough --- as in "Marlboro Man"?   :pondering:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2021, 06:59:10 pm »
I can't help but notice you flip in and out of the "ain't" vernacular.  When you flip to it, are you trying to sound tough --- as in "Marlboro Man"?   :pondering:

I ain't noticed that I flip in and out of it at all. I write like I speak. However, I do know, and it has been pointed out to me, that when I have something to say that is complicated I switch into a higher form of English, more aligned to my book learning. All except for semi-colons. I still don't know what the hell them are for.  :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2021, 07:14:33 pm »
I ain't noticed that I flip in and out of it at all. I write like I speak. However, I do know, and it has been pointed out to me, that when I have something to say that is complicated I switch into a higher form of English, more aligned to my book learning. All except for semi-colons. I still don't know what the hell them are for.  :shrug:

Semicolons;  I use them a lot, to add on to a sentence. I probably use them incorrectly, but they are supposed to be used to join two separate clauses without using a conjunction like and.  I type very fast and so I use them probably more than I should. It's easier for me to do so.       

It's a forum.  We all have are unique ways of posting; some more so than others. (I technically just used it incorrectly).  Oh well. :shrug:                             
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2021, 07:21:53 pm »
Semicolons;  I use them a lot, to add on to a sentence. I probably use them incorrectly, but they are supposed to be used to join two separate clauses without using a conjunction like and.  I type very fast and so I use them probably more than I should. It's easier for me to do so.       

It's a forum.  We all have are unique ways of posting; some more so than others. (I technically just used it incorrectly).  Oh well. :shrug:                             

I don't use the semi hardly at all.  Standing off a list is about all I use it for, and I probably do it incorrectly.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2021, 07:27:00 pm »

I use em for the winky face. That's my entire repertoire.   :shrug: :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2021, 07:30:41 pm »
I don't use the semi hardly at all.  Standing off a list is about all I use it for, and I probably do it incorrectly.  :shrug:

I have to chuckle really. Proper use of a semicolon is at the very bottom of my list of things to be concerned about.  Good grief!

Using it in a sentence to list, is what I thought it was used for but I googled it and it is supposed to connect without using a conjunction. So IMHO   --- list away!

So ... if I use the dang semicolon too much, that's just how  it is.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2021, 07:33:41 pm »
As I said, EOs don't count. They never have until that DACA decision.

So what you meant was that EO didn't count, but they do now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #548 on: March 17, 2021, 07:33:43 pm »
Which reminds me of a song (yes indeed it did); "Ain't Got No Troubles In My Life"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNl9zaWJdQ

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #549 on: March 17, 2021, 07:34:20 pm »
I have to chuckle really. Proper use of a semicolon is at the very bottom of my list of things to be concerned about.  Good grief!

Using it in a sentence to list, is what I thought it was used for but I googled it and it is supposed to connect without using a conjunction. So IMHO   --- list away!

So ... if I use the dang semicolon too much, that's just how  it is.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; and ;

Just used my annual allotment.
I will NOT comply.