Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 27410 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2021, 08:06:00 pm »
Donald Trump shouldn't be the message. His message should be the message.That's what's important.

75+ million voters would disagree with you @mikezpen   Why would you want to start from scratch with a new MAGA leader when the one we have has a unique and strong bond with the voters --- they believe and trust him.  Why on Earth would you think relegating this to the hinterlands is a winning strategy?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2021, 08:28:20 pm »
It would be nice to have a Federal government that represented and advocated for the interests of its citizens.

I want trade agreements that benefit all parties.  I want to stop hearing the giant sucking sound of jobs moving to Mexico, China, and India.

I want American government and industry to invest in American workers.  I don't want government and industry that supress my wages by importing cheaper foreign workers on H1-B visas.

I want America to have the greatest space program in the world.  I don't want the embarassment of having to contract Russian rockets to send American astronauts to space.

I want America to call out China as a rogue Communist pirate state.  For every island China builds in the South China Sea, I want America to build two islands in the South China Sea and two islands in the East China Sea.

I want NATO members to pay their share for the American nuclear umbrella that protects them.  American bases and personnel should be based only in NATO countries that are contributing their full share.

I want an America that no longer needs to be protector of the Middle East.  This is a post-World War II role that the United States took over from a declining British Empire.

I want an America that lives by the Monroe Doctrine.  We should not have Russian and Chinese satellite states in the Western Hemisphire.  Why did the Chinese build a cricket stadium on Dominca?  Why did the Chinese build the Harrison's Cave tourist attraction on Barnados?  What are the Chicoms interest in the Caribbean?

I want an American Government that doesn't cede American sovereignty to Globalism and Multi-nationalism.  I pay taxes to the US Treasury - not the W.T.O, the U.N., the European Union, the World Bank, the Internation Monetary Fund, nor the governments of Mexico, China, and India.

I want an America that commands respect globally because it is the greatest nation on Earth, and the rest of the world knows it.

Trump was able to commandeer the GOP because it had no singular leader - it was divided among weak, spineless, cowardly President-wannabe Senators.  It was ripe for his picking.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 08:30:06 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2021, 08:54:14 pm »
Come on, now. I'm as reliable of a conservative as you'll ever meet, and while I wasn't a fan of Trump in the primary, I supported him once he won. But now that he's left office, I think we need to move on as we normally do when a President loses after one term.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2021, 08:55:38 pm »
It would be nice to have a Federal government that represented and advocated for the interests of its citizens.

I want trade agreements that benefit all parties.  I want to stop hearing the giant sucking sound of jobs moving to Mexico, China, and India.

I want American government and industry to invest in American workers.  I don't want government and industry that supress my wages by importing cheaper foreign workers on H1-B visas.

I want America to have the greatest space program in the world.  I don't want the embarassment of having to contract Russian rockets to send American astronauts to space.

I want America to call out China as a rogue Communist pirate state.  For every island China builds in the South China Sea, I want America to build two islands in the South China Sea and two islands in the East China Sea.

I want NATO members to pay their share for the American nuclear umbrella that protects them.  American bases and personnel should be based only in NATO countries that are contributing their full share.

I want an America that no longer needs to be protector of the Middle East.  This is a post-World War II role that the United States took over from a declining British Empire.

I want an America that lives by the Monroe Doctrine.  We should not have Russian and Chinese satellite states in the Western Hemisphire.  Why did the Chinese build a cricket stadium on Dominca?  Why did the Chinese build the Harrison's Cave tourist attraction on Barnados?  What are the Chicoms interest in the Caribbean?

I want an American Government that doesn't cede American sovereignty to Globalism and Multi-nationalism.  I pay taxes to the US Treasury - not the W.T.O, the U.N., the European Union, the World Bank, the Internation Monetary Fund, nor the governments of Mexico, China, and India.

I want an America that commands respect globally because it is the greatest nation on Earth, and the rest of the world knows it.

Trump was able to commandeer the GOP because it had no singular leader - it was divided among weak, spineless, cowardly President-wannabe Senators.  It was ripe for his picking.

There are several candidates for 2024 you will find all of that in...but they won't come from the establishment or the RINO wing of the party.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2021, 09:06:44 pm »
There are several candidates for 2024 you will find all of that in...but they won't come from the establishment or the RINO wing of the party.
The problem there is that the RINO and GOPe wings will do all in their power to sabotage anyone who isn't part of their 'club'. We just saw that go down, and they are not to be trusted any more than the Dems, imho. While they will 'virtue signal' with votes, they cannot be counted on to hold the line, nor work together. Even the Communists, Homosexuals, Racially charged groups of the left will circle wagons in a common lager for their mutual benefit, but the GOP just invokes the circular firing squad.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2021, 09:16:32 pm »
The problem there is that the RINO and GOPe wings will do all in their power to sabotage anyone who isn't part of their 'club'. We just saw that go down, and they are not to be trusted any more than the Dems, imho. While they will 'virtue signal' with votes, they cannot be counted on to hold the line, nor work together. Even the Communists, Homosexuals, Racially charged groups of the left will circle wagons in a common lager for their mutual benefit, but the GOP just invokes the circular firing squad.

Yes, this is the root problem facing any attempt to get non-establishment candidates in office. Still, a number of these have made it into office as Congressmen. If Trump could help put together a national organization to help identify and fund America First candidates at the primary level, we might be able to break the establishment GOP types (whose primary weapon seems to be control of funding)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2021, 09:21:04 pm »

Throw ALL the bastards out. All of em. Across several elections. That'll fix it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2021, 10:14:12 pm »
The two are inseparablein these next two election cycles...22 and 24. Certainly,  in 26/28 that will change, but Donald Trump is the MAGA message until after the 2024 election. The establishment/RINO class wants to separate him from that so they can claim his message...realizing they totally missed the boat and misread conservative sentiment in 2016 and 2020. But there is no greater mission for the GOP then to purge that establishment RINO class through the primary process...and then to move forward in a united manner to win back the House/Senate...and then the White House in 2024. But the candidates will either be Trump himself, or Trump supported MAGA candidates...the establishment does not get to "steal/co-opt" MAGA for themselves as many here seem to be advocating.

Trump IS the message to a great extent...because the message is "no more RINO/NT's". The party has to be conservative and it has to NOT be run by the establishment...once we achieve those two goals we can spank the Dems in any election.

@Mesaclone

BINGO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2021, 10:22:58 pm »
Just popping by to check out the latest thread that involves blood-letting and a circular firing squad.  Carry on....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2021, 12:01:03 am »

You got it backwards.  The GOP commandeered Trump.  They were able to consolidate their power like never before at the 2016 Convention.  And they used that power to wrest control at the State Party level and dump Trump four years later.  The very idea of Reince Priebus becoming Trump's chief of staff and being replaced with a Romney should scare the hell out of anyone.  Except an AT zealot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2021, 12:09:02 am »
You got it backwards.  The GOP commandeered Trump.  They were able to consolidate their power like never before at the 2016 Convention.  And they used that power to wrest control at the State Party level and dump Trump four years later.  The very idea of Reince Priebus becoming Trump's chief of staff and being replaced with a Romney should scare the hell out of anyone.  Except an AT zealot.

The fact that she's still head of the RNC is very troubling.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2021, 12:25:49 am »

And very telling.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2021, 12:28:06 am »
I think its clear enough by now, as the republic is being burned down by the rats, the GOP is concerning itself only with getting back to business as usual. Dumbasses think the rats won't eventually come for all of their sinecures.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:29:08 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2021, 12:39:40 am »
I think its clear enough by now, as the republic is being burned down by the rats, the GOP is concerning itself only with getting back to business as usual. Dumbasses think the rats won't eventually come for all of their sinecures.

They will eventually be kicked to the curb.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2021, 12:42:26 am »
And very telling.

Yes indeed.

The joke's on Mittens; he actually thinks he has a shot at the presidency.  What a complete and utter fool.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2021, 12:42:59 am »

@skeeter

I think BOTH the DNC and the RNC leadership know EXACTLY what they are doing. They NEED each other to serve as the "arch-villains" to fire up their base every election cycle  in order to get them to donate mucho bucks to keep "those dastardly Republicans/Dimocrats from obtaining even more power and turning us all into slaves!"

Without an "evil enemy constantly plotting the destruction of all that is good and decent" to play off of each year,the dweeb voters might get bored and stop contributing money. They MAY even stop giving money and voting for them!

The ying and the yang.

BTW,THAT is why the Dims and the RINO's hate Trump so much. He doesn't play that game,and throws them both to the wolves.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:43:51 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2021, 12:44:52 am »
And, as usual, the GOP has it's priorities skewed.

It's not to keep the Americans and reel back in the anti-Americans, the GOP's goal should be to retain the Americans and convince those fools that voted for the meat-puppet to try being an American with a spine for once in their lives.

They should be going after, HARD, the Biden Screwed Me voters.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2021, 12:46:16 am »
@skeeter

I think BOTH the DNC and the RNC leadership know EXACTLY what they are doing. They NEED each other to serve as the "arch-villains" to fire up their base every election cycle  in order to get them to donate mucho bucks to keep "those dastardly Republicans/Dimocrats from obtaining even more power and turning us all into slaves!"

Without an "evil enemy constantly plotting the destruction of all that is good and decent" to play off of each year,the dweeb voters might get bored and stop contributing money. They MAY even stop giving money and voting for them!

The ying and the yang.

BTW,THAT is why the Dims and the RINO's hate Trump so much. He doesn't play that game,and throws them both to the wolves.
True enough. But there is a third element - the marxist wing of the rat party. If the DNC thinks they've got that tiger by the tail they are badly miscalculating. It will eat them last.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2021, 12:48:37 am »
Easy. If Trump runs, vote for him. Hoping like hell the NeverTrumpers don't betray conservatism AGAIN by not voting...voting for 3rd party nitwits with no chance...or god forbid, voting for Biden again. But if they do, its their mess...and the continued loss of our freedoms is their fault. No ifs...no ands...no buts....you people brought us Biden, Harris, Pelosi and the Commie Brigade in power. I'm rather hoping you don't do it again...but expecting the same self centered stupidity to, once again, override your common sense.

Call me a pessimist.

I don't believe there are that many Never Trumping Traitors in the ranks of the GOP, merely among those in the whiny leadership roles who faced irrelevancy if the unwashed deplorables got our way.   Those NTT jerks are now extremely irrelevant.   The Rodents have no further use for them, either.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2021, 12:50:10 am »
@skeeter

The ying and the yang.

Sure it's about the $$ and getting donations; dangling the proverbial carrot in front of the voters. I quit donating years ago and refuse to put any $$ towards any candidate.

As for Trump, sorry, he's dangling that carrot just as much. He proclaimed no 3rd party and is focusing on GOP candidates in '22 -- nothing more than fundraising. Meanwhile the GOPe and DEMS will make sure that Trump candidates don't have a chance. That's that way I see it.

Same ole same ole and this time the ballot box is completely worthless.

You'd be better off using your $$ to get a fire started.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2021, 12:51:53 am »
Because Trump keeps dropping hints that he may run. If he's not running, he should come out and say it. And while he's at it, if he really cares about healing the damage, he'd FIRST be working quietly behind the scenes to identify a viable replacement candidate for Murkowski, and THEN badmouthing her. Instead what he'll do is just hand the Democrats another Senate seat.

Actually, if Trump does nothing more than put the AK seat in Rodent hands...nothing in the Senate will have changed.   That treasonous jelly from KY will still be in the minority position, just like now.   

And the Americans need to remove the RINO traitors from office, even if that means a Rodent will temporarily gain the seat.   The GOP needs to send a clear and strong message to the RINOs that their presence is no longer acceptable among the Americans.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2021, 12:54:18 am »
He needs to badmouth every GOP Quisling he can...especially Murkowski and Cheney...suitable candidates are available in both races. And Trump will support whoever that ends up being...its not time to back a horse just yet, let's wait and see what emerges.

Trump will focus on specific vile enemies in both House and Senate and hammer them nationally.  The Americans in all states already revile them, and it's easier to send a message to fire the RINOs when there's a hate-filled smarmy face to go with the message, even if its not your particular RINO.  That part of the messaging will come later, the linking of the First Target to the local RINO hack.   

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2021, 12:58:08 am »
Why wasn't the Trump Admin on top of the vote fraud ahead of the election? The fact is, Trump was reactive rather than proactive to literally every problem. And what he did in Georgia, which suppressed GOP voters in the run-off, is simply unforgivable. That one selfish act might by itself be the end of our country.

I commend his sticking with his campaign promises, and his clear love for the country, but in every other way his administration was a complete failure. His only legacy is that he handed the country over to America's enemies.

Trump is a business man.  In business the employees form a team focused on accomplishing the company's goals because that's how the employees get paid and promoted and recognized.

Trump naturally expected that the Republicans in House and Senate would support his Administration because that's how political parties have always operated for the preceding 44 presidents and frauds.   Trump was betrayed, as often as they could get away with, by every level of government, from spineless hacks like Page and Stork and by the Senate Majority Leader and even Vice President McFly.   This level of betrayal has never before happened in US history.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2021, 01:02:20 am »
I agree (as usual) with most of what you say. But I don't think Trump was a good president. I mean he tried, but if you look at what lasting accomplishments he has, there's not much there. It's sad, and you can certainly say much of it wasn't his fault, but in the end the buck stops with the President. He spent his entire Admin on the defensive. Handed the Dems constant ammo on Twitter. Committed hundreds of unforced errors. Threw staff under the bus constantly, leading to a situation where he couldn't find good people willing to work for him.

No question in my mind that the man is a patriot, a good motivational speaker, an entertaining fellow, and that he made a huge sacrifice by running. But he just wasn't very effective as a President, and left things in a place where literally every positive achievement will be undone by the Dems in the first 90 days of Biden's term.

Trump was one of the best presidents in American history.  Right up there with Lincoln and Washington and Reagan.   Except Trump didn't give amnesty to an invading army of illegal aliens.

He accomplished vast things, not the least of which was totally unhinging the Rodents and making them reveal to the public what disgusting animals they and their media hacks truly are.

75 million people voted for Trump, officially, more than any other candidate ever received in an American election.   

Wait for it....

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2021, 01:03:13 am »
I'm not going to be relaxed over the next few years while the Democrats destroy the country.

Waiting for Romney to come to the rescue?  We're dogs on the roof, to him.