Author Topic: Super Bowl LV - Live Thread  (Read 1679 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Super Bowl LV - Live Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2021, 03:06:08 pm »
Before the "woke-ness" of NFL, this thread might have been 20 pages instead of 20 posts.

Didn't watch one play.  NFL can die for all I am concerned.

Me, neither. It can rot.

I do get a chuckle out of hearing Brady won again though.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »
We had the game on here, but I wasn't paying close attention to it (or the commercials). We turned away at halftime, and turned back at the start of the third quarter. When the Bucs scored their fourth touchdown in the third quarter (score 28-9 at that point) I turned over to YouTube and started watching videos.

I was excited for the start of the season back in August, but now I'm thinking I just won't bother to watch next season. The wokeness is part of it, but honestly I don't trust the game outcomes any more. There are (what seem to me) obvious "bad calls" by the officials that "seem" to favor one team over another. That together with "bad playcalling", "oopsie!" fumbles and dropped passes, make it seem (again, to me) like the games are rigged.
Let it burn.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2021, 03:19:55 pm »
We had the game on here, but I wasn't paying close attention to it (or the commercials). We turned away at halftime, and turned back at the start of the third quarter. When the Bucs scored their fourth touchdown in the third quarter (score 28-9 at that point) I turned over to YouTube and started watching videos.

I was excited for the start of the season back in August, but now I'm thinking I just won't bother to watch next season. The wokeness is part of it, but honestly I don't trust the game outcomes any more. There are (what seem to me) obvious "bad calls" by the officials that "seem" to favor one team over another. That together with "bad playcalling", "oopsie!" fumbles and dropped passes, make it seem (again, to me) like the games are rigged.

My favorite YouTube video:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2021, 03:32:01 pm »
Mustn't forget the streaker!

Also, the logo looked like "LIV".  My husband and I were calling it the "Low Information Voter" Super Bowl all evening.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2021, 03:34:25 pm »

Also, the logo looked like "LIV".  My husband and I were calling it the "Low Information Voter" Super Bowl all evening.

Isn't there a streaker every year? It's contrived at this point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2021, 03:48:17 pm »

"LIV" (Last year's SB) would go a long way towards explaining the election fiasco....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2021, 04:08:08 pm »
Anyway, as most of you could probably tell when I stopped posting updates, I lost interest at halftime and went to do laundry.

I did watch the halftime show as I always did. As a performer, The Weeknd was... OK. Professional, smooth and he didn't look like he was trying too hard. The other stuff? Well, I didn't think it worked. The mask thing, I just figured it was a pandemic and something the league required. Of course, I never really cared for his lyrics and only recognized one of his songs (the last one, which ended things kind of abruptly and awkwardly—it took about ten seconds before I realized it was over and there wasn't a finale). Overall, it was mediocre. Not great, not horrible, but mediocre.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2021, 07:22:50 pm »
Anyway, as most of you could probably tell when I stopped posting updates, I lost interest at halftime and went to do laundry.

I did watch the halftime show as I always did. As a performer, The Weeknd was... OK. Professional, smooth and he didn't look like he was trying too hard. The other stuff? Well, I didn't think it worked. The mask thing, I just figured it was a pandemic and something the league required. Of course, I never really cared for his lyrics and only recognized one of his songs (the last one, which ended things kind of abruptly and awkwardly—it took about ten seconds before I realized it was over and there wasn't a finale). Overall, it was mediocre. Not great, not horrible, but mediocre.

Didn't watch the halftime show here, because we haven't watched it for years, because the acts are usually ones we're not familiar with (as it was this year) or the act is one we don't like.  Each year it becomes more obvious that as a white male in my mid-50s, I am not in the NFL's target audience.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2021, 09:06:02 pm »

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2021, 02:45:00 pm »
Ex-Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Goes Viral Saying The Weeknd’s Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Satanic Ritual (TWEETS)
 February 8, 2021
If there is somebody that will find something satanic in today’s world, it will most definitely be Larry Johnson.

The former Kansas City Chiefs running back was all eyes and ears to Super Bowl LV and noticed something disturbing with the halftime show.

Johnson took to Twitter and claimed that The Weeknd performed a satanic ritual in front of thousands of people inside Raymond James Stadium and the millions watching at home. ...
    Satan’s fall from heaven w/ his fallen angels, and Abaddon/Abel, coming from out of the bottomless pit.
    Their covid quarantine short story of Revelation 9. pic.twitter.com/nXG40lNp3C
    — Larry Johnson (@2LarryJohnson7) February 8, 2021
... More at Total Pro Sports
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 02:46:40 pm »
Ex-Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Goes Viral Saying The Weeknd’s Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Satanic Ritual (TWEETS)
 February 8, 2021... More at Total Pro Sports

Gonna be a tough read at TBR, since hardly anyone watched the damned thing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2021, 02:50:24 pm »
I watched until i saw a woke ad from uh, youtube. I promptly shut it off.

I actually hate football now and I used to play. I hope they all get concussions and kill themselves.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2021, 04:06:34 pm »
Gonna be a tough read at TBR, since hardly anyone watched the damned thing.
True.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 08:03:51 pm »
I watched until i saw a woke ad from uh, youtube. I promptly shut it off.

I actually hate football now and I used to play. I hope they all get concussions and kill themselves.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald