Author Topic: Secretive Joint Special Operations Command Gets New Leader  (Read 437 times)

rangerrebew

Secretive Joint Special Operations Command Gets New Leader
« on: February 06, 2021, 02:01:12 pm »
Secretive Joint Special Operations Command Gets New Leader
Mil & Intel   

By Stavros Atlamazoglousvg%3E | February 04, 2021

This article was originally published Jan. 28, 2021, on Sandboxx News. Follow Sandboxx News on Instagram.

The Pentagon recently announced the new commander of the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).

Army Lt. Gen. Bryan P. Fenton will replace Air Force Lt. Gen. Scott Howell.

JSOC contains the military’s Tier 1 special operations units, including Delta Force, SEAL Team 6, the 24th Special Tactics Squadron, and other special mission units that conduct a gamut of special operations, including intelligence collection and operational preparation of the battlefield.

U.S. Army Lt. Gen Bryan P. Fenton speaks to service members at the closing ceremony of Exercise Khaan Quest 2017 at Five Hills Training Area, Mongolia, August 5, 2017. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Maximiliano Rosas.

According to SOCOM, “JSOC prepares assigned, attached, and augmented forces, and when directed, conducts special operations against threats to protect the homeland and U.S. interests abroad.”

https://coffeeordie.com/jsoc-commander-change/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Secretive Joint Special Operations Command Gets New Leader
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 01:38:27 am »
Dude graduated from all the right schools,but has spent his entire career in Special Forces without ever hearing a shot fired in combat.

Never deployed to a combat zone as an A team leader,and always managed to get staff positions.

Takes either real "skill" or the "right" Pentagram connections to pull that off.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:46:33 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 01:44:22 am »
Dude graduated from all the right schools,but has spent his entire career in Special Forces without ever hearing a shot fired in combat.

Never deployed to a combat zone as an A team leader,and always managed to get staff positions.

Take either real "skill" or the "right" Pentagram connections to pull that off.

I'll take #2
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 01:47:25 am »
I'll take #2

@txradioguy

Yup! He's a "Badge-toting bureaucrat" posing as a soldier.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 01:51:16 am »
@txradioguy

Yup! He's a "Badge-toting bureaucrat" posing as a soldier.

Saw too many of those when I was in DC...and too many of them in training in the various units I served in elsewhere.  I learned early to tell the difference between the feather merchants and the real deal soldiers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 02:43:32 am »
Saw too many of those when I was in DC...and too many of them in training in the various units I served in elsewhere.  I learned early to tell the difference between the feather merchants and the real deal soldiers.

@txradioguy

The truth is they have nobody fooled. Almost all of them are the children of senior officers with clout,or politicians. 

Remember McArthur? His father was a General who won a MoH when they were basically "good conduct medals" for career officers,so McArthur put himself in for 3 of them at various times. I know he got one,and I THINK he may have gotten two.

IIRC,he put himself in for the 3rd one for defending the Philippines. No matter what anyone could say of him,nobody ever accused him of modestly or to be lacking in gall.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:45:12 am by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 02:52:20 am »
@txradioguy

The truth is they have nobody fooled. Almost all of them are the children of senior officers with clout,or politicians. 

Remember McArthur? His father was a General who won a MoH when they were basically "good conduct medals" for career officers,so McArthur put himself in for 3 of them at various times. I know he got one,and I THINK he may have gotten two.

IIRC,he put himself in for the 3rd one for defending the Philippines. No matter what anyone could say of him,nobody ever accused him of modestly or to be lacking in gall.

@sneakypete

I ran into my Brigade S-3 from Iraq when I was in Korea and he very pointedly asked me why I wasn't wearing a Combat Action Badge.  His exact words were "you earned in when we were down range".

I patted the 1st Armored Division combat patch on my right army and said "Sir this is all the validation I need of what I did over there". He just shook his head.

There are some soldiers whether enlisted or officer that are medal hunters and glory seekers.

Then there's grunts like me.

I wish we had more like me in the Army these days.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:55:41 am by txradioguy »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 04:12:47 am »
@sneakypete

I ran into my Brigade S-3 from Iraq when I was in Korea and he very pointedly asked me why I wasn't wearing a Combat Action Badge.  His exact words were "you earned in when we were down range".

I patted the 1st Armored Division combat patch on my right army and said "Sir this is all the validation I need of what I did over there". He just shook his head.

There are some soldiers whether enlisted or officer that are medal hunters and glory seekers.

Then there's grunts like me.

I wish we had more like me in the Army these days.

@txradioguy

I have no doubt there are plenty like you in the US army. The problem is they are almost all enlisted swine. Officers have to play those games or risk getting riffed back to enlisted status,or just released from the army.

BTW,what is a "combat action badge"? I know about CMB's and CIB's,but that one is new to this geezer.

BTW,I wear a miniature CIB on my hat brim every day,and it's rare to have someone recolonize it and say something. The last one was a pretty woman. When she saw my surprise,she smiled and said she had only recently gotten out of the army. Kinda made my day.

My headstone will bear a CIB,a set of Jump Wings,and a Green Beret. They all represent my proudest moments and I am not ashamed to admit it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 04:17:19 am by sneakypete »

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 12:00:41 pm »
Let us not forget the C.O. at Normandy was either a Major or Lt. Col at the start of WWII.  He had no command of any significance and was basically an office officer.  By the war's end he was a five star.  Sometimes the lack of being in the field can be a blessing because you don't learn how to screw things up. :patriot:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 01:32:16 pm »
Let us not forget the C.O. at Normandy was either a Major or Lt. Col at the start of WWII.  He had no command of any significance and was basically an office officer.  By the war's end he was a five star.  Sometimes the lack of being in the field can be a blessing because you don't learn how to screw things up. :patriot:

@rangerrebew

IIRC,there was at least one Reserve 1 star General officer on the beach that day that died of a heart attack from all the running around he did to organize an offensive. Can't remember his name at the moment but he came from a military family or a famous non-military family and was infantry branch. Seemed like everybody who had anything to say about him that day were in awe of his courage and dedication to duty.

Being a logistics officer on one of the Normandy beach heads that day had to have been one of the most horrible jobs anyone has ever been given.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 01:37:00 pm »
@rangerrebew

IIRC,there was at least one Reserve 1 star General officer on the beach that day that died of a heart attack from all the running around he did to organize an offensive. Can't remember his name at the moment but he came from a military family or a famous non-military family and was infantry branch. Seemed like everybody who had anything to say about him that day were in awe of his courage and dedication to duty.

Being a logistics officer on one of the Normandy beach heads that day had to have been one of the most horrible jobs anyone has ever been given.

You’re thinking of Teddy Roosevelt Jr. he basically organized the troops that made it to the beach and got them moving forward if memory serves.  Fought with the brass to lead from the front because of a heart ailment. He was awarded the MoH for his actions on D-Day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 01:43:36 pm »
You’re thinking of Teddy Roosevelt Jr. he basically organized the troops that made it to the beach and got them moving forward if memory serves.  Fought with the brass to lead from the front because of a heart ailment. He was awarded the MoH for his actions on D-Day.

@txradioguy

Thanks for naming him!

From what I remember of his actions that day,he would have earned a Medal of Honor if his name had been Joe Smith.

Is there ANYONE from a famous political or wealthy family of today even serving as an infantry officer,never mind volunteering to lead from the front?

American society has sure changed a lot from the 1940's,and not in a good way. Instead of heroes at the top,we have traitors selling us all out for personal profits.