Author Topic: Marine-Naval integration continues: U.S. Marines return from USNS Burlington deployment  (Read 470 times)

rangerrebew

Marine-Naval integration continues: U.S. Marines return from USNS Burlington deployment

21 Jan 2021 | 1st Lt. Heather Chairez Marine Corps Forces South

A team of U.S. Marines completed a three-month deployment at sea serving as an embarked security team aboard the Spearhead-class USNS Burlington (T-EPF 10) and returned to Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story, Virginia, December 28.

The ten-Marine team, who were selected from Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force – Southern Command for this mission, were responsible for providing force protection during the noncombatant vessel’s deployment to the U.S. Fourth Fleet area of responsibility.

“The USNS Burlington’s mission was to provide at-sea maintenance to littoral combat ships that were in the area of responsibility as a proof of concept for the future of forward deployed littoral combat ships,” said Maj. Drew Miller, the officer in charge of the embarked security team. “Our mission was to provide 360-degree waterside protection in both foreign ports and while under way in international waters.”

https://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/2478101/marine-naval-integration-continues-us-marines-return-from-usns-burlington-deplo/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uhhhh,somebody correct me if I am wrong,but isn't this WHY the USMC was organized,and what they have been doing since Day One?

Well,with one exception. I have never heard of Marines being given permanent duty station assignments aboard submarines. They do fly combat aircraft off USN aircraft carriers,and every Naval surface vessel from destroyer size to aircraft carriers has USMC personnel assigned as crew members.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!