Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 51171 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #550 on: August 10, 2021, 01:04:43 pm »
Professional Bodybuilder John Meadows Dies at 49

Well-known bodybuilder and coach John Meadows died “unexpectedly” and peacefully” at his home on Sunday, according to a Facebook post.

The post, signed by Brooke Nappo and written on behalf of Meadows’ wife, told of the “shock” the family was experiencing due to his sudden passing.

“Dear Friends & Family,” the statement read. “This morning John passed away unexpectedly and peacefully in their home. As you can imagine this is a complete shock to her and the boys.

“She will update as soon as she can. Please know she is very thankful for all the prayers and support she knows her and the boys will receive from you.”

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/08/09/professional-bodybuilder-john-meadows-dies-at-49/
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #551 on: August 10, 2021, 01:09:41 pm »
'Roids.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #552 on: August 10, 2021, 02:07:14 pm »
'Roids.

@skeeter

Yup! You can ride that train for only so long before you have to pay the price.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2021, 03:08:35 am »
Pat Hitchcock, ‘Strangers on a Train’ Actress and Daughter of Alfred Hitchcock, Dies at 93

Mike Barnes  1 hr ago

a man and a woman holding a wine glass: Strangers on a Train (1951)- Farley Granger, Patricia Hitchcock© Warner Bros. Pictures/Photofest Strangers on a Train (1951)- Farley Granger, Patricia Hitchcock

Pat Hitchcock, the only child of Alfred Hitchcock who appeared in the thrillers Stage Fright, Strangers on a Train and Psycho for the legendary British director, has died. She was 93.

Hitchcock’s youngest daughter, Amblin executive Katie Fiala, told The Hollywood Reporter that her mother died Monday at her home in Thousand Oaks.

Also the daughter of film editor/screenwriter Alma Reville — Hitchcock’s parents were married for 54 years — the London native showed up on 10 episodes of CBS’ Alfred Hitchcock Presents from 1955-60, “whenever they needed a maid with an English accent,” she toldThe Washington Post in 1984.

She played the hired help in the Jean Negulesco palace drama The Mudlark (1950), starring Irene Dunne and Alec Guinness, and had an uncredited part in Cecil B. DeMille’s The Ten Commandments (1956).

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/pat-hitchcock-strangers-on-a-train-actress-and-daughter-of-alfred-hitchcock-dies-at-93/ar-AANarxH?ocid=msedgntp

I watch a lot of NOIR, I remember her.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2021, 06:56:21 am »
I like film noir too, and I do remember her. She had some good parts as well on “Alfred Hitchcock presents”

Rip.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2021, 03:24:34 pm »
I like film noir too, and I do remember her. She had some good parts as well on “Alfred Hitchcock presents”

Rip.

@Gefn   Alfred Hitchcock Presents is still being aired on one of my local "secondary broadcast" tv stations. I think they broadcat old stuff on these channels to keep them active so they can keep their broadcast licenses for them active. Most,but not all,of the shows they air are black and white,but a few,like the old Johhny Cash show are in color. Not every good color,but color none the less.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #556 on: August 12, 2021, 11:41:45 pm »
A few days late:

Jane Withers, child actor turned commercial star, dies at 95
She was a former child actor who bedeviled Shirley Temple on the screen and went on to star in a series of B movies that made her a box-office champion.
Aug. 9, 2021, 8:25 AM EDT
By The Associated Press

Jane Withers, the former child actor who bedeviled Shirley Temple on the screen and went on to star in a series of B movies that made her a box-office champion, has died, her daughter said. She was 95.

Withers, also known as “Josephine the Plumber” from TV commercials in the 1960s and ’70s, died Saturday, her daughter Kendall Errair said. Withers was one of the last remaining stars from the 1930s and 1940s, the height of Hollywood studio dominance.  ...

As an adult she appeared in a few films and on television.

Her biggest prominence came from portraying “Josephine” in TV commercials for Comet cleanser for 12 years. ...

Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #557 on: August 14, 2021, 01:51:24 am »
Thanks, @mountaineer — I had tried to post it yesterday morning but with the server changeover hiccups it got erased.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #559 on: August 15, 2021, 12:52:15 am »

Online libertybele

« Reply #560 on: August 15, 2021, 12:53:55 am »
@Fishrrman

John Prine's death hit me hard. The man was a musical treasure with humor added.

I'm sorry @sneakypete -- I never heard of him.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #563 on: August 15, 2021, 03:42:33 am »
:laugh: :beer:  Thanks for sharing @sneakypete

@libertybele

You are very welcome. I considered John Prine to have been a national treasure.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #564 on: August 15, 2021, 07:17:56 am »
@libertybele

Me, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #565 on: August 16, 2021, 06:06:16 pm »
@libertybele

Me too, and Nanci Griffith's death also hit me pretty hard when I heard it over the weekend.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #566 on: August 16, 2021, 11:40:49 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #567 on: August 16, 2021, 11:48:00 pm »
Tony Mendez, the most famous cue-card guy in America, dies at 76.
https://www.primetimer.com/item/Tony-Mendez-David-Lettermans-cue-card-guy-reportedly-dies-at-76-olSGG9

That guy cracked me up more than Chris Elliot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #568 on: August 16, 2021, 11:57:14 pm »
Me too, and Nanci Griffith's death also hit me pretty hard when I heard it over the weekend.

@GrouchoTex

Same here. In addition to being a beautiful woman and a great singer,I am going to miss her smile as she sings. I especially loved her duets with John Prine. She was always looking like she was going to break into laughter.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #569 on: August 16, 2021, 11:59:34 pm »
@Fishrrman

John Prine's death hit me hard. The man was a musical treasure with humor added.

I felt the same. The chill embrace of the hands of time. I also miss Guy Clark, a similarly talented man who wrote complex songs about simple people. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2021, 12:18:59 am »
Tony Mendez, the most famous cue-card guy in America, dies at 76.
https://www.primetimer.com/item/Tony-Mendez-David-Lettermans-cue-card-guy-reportedly-dies-at-76-olSGG9

Interesting guy.  I like him more after reading this!. 
Letterman’s cue-card guy fired after argument, assault on writer
https://nypost.com/2014/10/19/late-show-cue-card-man-fired-after-argument-assault-on-writer/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #571 on: August 19, 2021, 01:19:09 pm »
Golf legend Gary Player's wife has died. Here's his touching tribute to her:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #572 on: August 19, 2021, 01:20:59 pm »
Sean Lock, British comedian, dead at 58

By Marianne Garvey, CNN

British comic Sean Lock has died after a long battle with cancer, his agent announced on Wednesday. He was 58.

"It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Sean Lock," read a statement from his agent posted to Instagram. He died at home from cancer, surrounded by his family. Sean was one of Britain's finest comedians, his boundless creativity, lightning wit and the absurdist brilliance of his work, marked him out as a unique voice in British comedy. Sean was also a cherished husband and father to three children. Sean will be sorely missed by all that knew him. We kindly request that the privacy of his family and children are respected at this difficult time."

Fellow comic Ricky Gervais mourned the loss on Twitter, calling Lock "one of the most influential comedians of a generation." ...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #573 on: August 21, 2021, 01:47:20 pm »
Tom T. Hall dies at 85

The country singer-songwriter had a long string of hits in the 1960s and 1970s, with his most famous work being his story songs. Among his famous songs: "Harper Valley PTA" (recorded and made a hit by Jeannie C. Riley), "The Year Clayton Delaney Died," "I Love," "Ode to a Quarter Pound of Ground Round," "Faster Horses," "I Like Beer," "Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine" and his last major hit, "Little Bitty" (made a hit by Alan Jackson).

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/entertainment/tom-t-hall-obit/index.html

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #574 on: August 21, 2021, 02:05:55 pm »
Tom T. Hall dies at 85

I woke up this morning listening to one of the local country stations playing a Tom T. Hall song and talking about the song a bit after it finished. "Oh, did he die?" I thought. Turns out that he did.  **nononono*
Let it burn.