Author Topic: What Do You Think???  (Read 538 times)

Online libertybele

What Do You Think???
« on: January 15, 2022, 01:35:56 am »
I often buy lottery tickets for stocking stuffers.  There is no way I would demand the ticket back if someone won some money.  The ticket was given to the cousin, the cousin should get the $50,000! In fact, I too would be elated if one of my lottery tickets that I gifted was a winner!

Man sparks massive family debate after gifting a $50,000 lottery ticket for Christmas: ‘You’re not giving it away’

A man’s lottery ticket stocking stuffer is driving a wedge in his marriage.

He shared the incident on Reddit’s “Am I the A******?” forum. He got his cousin a lottery ticket as a gift. To their surprise, the cousin won $50,000. But the Reddit poster’s wife doesn’t think the cousin should be allowed to keep the money.

“Had a belated Christmas gathering last week with my extended family,” he wrote. “I’ve always bought scratch-off lottery tickets for all the adults. This year my 23-year-old cousin goes nuts. He holds his ticket up and claims that he just hit it for the max jackpot: $50,000. I was elated.

“He was screaming, and his mom was actually in tears, and the whole room was excited. It was literally one of the top 10 experiences of my life.

“I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket … my wife has sent me a text message that says, ‘Come out to the car.’ She told me there is no way that we are giving my cousin $50,000, then starts fussing at me about buying the lotto tickets to begin with.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-sparks-massive-family-debate-203737295.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:36:59 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: What Do You Think???
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 02:06:52 am »
This is black and white. No gray area whatsoever.  The wife is dead wrong.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 02:20:02 am »
This is black and white. No gray area whatsoever.  The wife is dead wrong.

My thinking as well.  A gift is a gift period.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 02:25:37 am »
I too put lotto tickets in every ones stocking...but I tell them[running joke] that I get 10% of any winnings....of course I never collect..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 02:25:51 am »
YUP. Ownership had already changed hands.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 02:27:15 am »
Oh I know... prior to the gifting, the wife could scratch em all off, and thereby decide which to gift where.

Yeah. That'll fix it.   :silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 02:30:54 am »
Oh I know... prior to the gifting, the wife could scratch em all off, and thereby decide which to gift where.

Yeah. That'll fix it.   :silly:

Yep, there you go!  :rolling: