Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 50039 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #500 on: July 30, 2021, 05:02:56 pm »
Ahem  .  .  .

Peart's dying  early '20 hit me harder than any other rocker's death, 2nd place Lennon, 3rd place Tom Petty.  We all have opinions but Rush is my favorite band of all time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #501 on: July 30, 2021, 05:31:47 pm »
This is awful news.  Anyone with a true Texas Card is mourning right now

It came as a shock to me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #502 on: July 30, 2021, 10:50:14 pm »
Ron Popeil, gadget salesman who revolutionized the infomercial, dies at 86.

Popeil followed in the path of his father Samuel, an inventor and seller of various kitchen gadgets, and established Ronco. Ronco used television as a way to reach a wide audience and by the 1970s and early 1980s was being spoofed by Dan Aykroyd's Saturday Night Live sketch "Bass-O-Matic" and "Weird Al" Yankovic's "Mr. Popeil" (which included Ron's daughter Lisa on backing vocals and Ron would later use in his commercials). When full-length infomercials became legal in 1984, Popeil was there, using it to sell items such as the Pocket Fisherman, the Veg-O-Matic, the Showtime Rotisserie Grill, the Mr. Microphone low-power radio transmitter, the Bedazzler, the Food Dehydrator, and other gadgets. He sold the company in 2005 but remained active to a lesser extent until his death.

He had suffered a sudden medical emergency on July 28 after previously being in good health.
https://deadline.com/2021/07/ron-popeil-dead-obituary-informercial-pioneer-ronco-1234801779/

What? There ISN'T more?

R.I.P. Mr Popeil. I enjoyed your commercials.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #503 on: July 30, 2021, 10:52:32 pm »
Ahem  .  .  .

Backatcha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY

That's three great ones, each different, but all iconic.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 10:53:19 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #504 on: July 31, 2021, 02:44:22 am »
I was shocked when Jim Morrison and Jimmy Hendrix died.  Two talented musicians dead from drugs at such a young age.  After their deaths, nothing surprises me about musicians and their self destruction.

I also liked Rush.  ZZ Top was a bit too heavy metal for me. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #505 on: August 01, 2021, 03:41:45 am »
   It always seemed to me @jafo2010 that there is a little of that self-destructancy in all of us.  Some have the Genetics/Environment to overcome it and some don't.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #506 on: August 01, 2021, 03:55:05 am »
I was shocked when Jim Morrison and Jimmy Hendrix died.  Two talented musicians dead from drugs at such a young age.  After their deaths, nothing surprises me about musicians and their self destruction.

I also liked Rush.  ZZ Top was a bit too heavy metal for me.

Never thought of ZZ Top as heavy metal.    More blues than Heavy Metal.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #507 on: August 02, 2021, 08:41:22 am »
John Lennon. Just because of the way he died, being murdered and all,

I know there have been other musicians who were murdered, (Marvin Gaye comes to mind) but The Beatles were one of a handful of bands that got me through a miserable adolescence
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #508 on: August 02, 2021, 03:01:36 pm »
John Lennon. Just because of the way he died, being murdered and all,

I know there have been other musicians who were murdered, (Marvin Gaye comes to mind) but The Beatles were one of a handful of bands that got me through a miserable adolescence

@Gefn

Don't sell Marvin Gaye short. He was putting out some serious messages,as well as some truly beautiful music at the same time. Who knows how far he could have advanced this if he hadn't died so young?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #509 on: August 02, 2021, 09:04:50 pm »
   It always seemed to me @jafo2010 that there is a little of that self-destructancy in all of us.  Some have the Genetics/Environment to overcome it and some don't.

And some just don't have it and never really understood the tendency.  :shrug:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #510 on: August 03, 2021, 12:00:13 am »
And some just don't have it and never really understood the tendency.  :shrug:

@AllThatJazzZ

Well,some of you have never had to live with unbearable pain with no hope of recovery,or know anyone that has.

I am happy for you,and hope your luck continues to hold out.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #511 on: August 03, 2021, 12:03:18 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Well,some of you have never had to live with unbearable pain with no hope of recovery,or know anyone that has.

I've had the unbearable pain for a long time part, but not the no hope of recovery part. I can't even imagine.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #512 on: August 03, 2021, 12:04:29 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

It's possible to treat chronic pain without becoming addicted to opioids.  I know this from experience.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #513 on: August 03, 2021, 12:07:18 am »

I've had the unbearable pain for a long time part, but not the no hope of recovery part.[/quotes]

@skeeter

Same here. Been dealing with it for a little over 2 years now,and it's really starting to get old.

I can't even imagine.

It's getting easier for me to imagine with each day that passes.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2021, 03:10:45 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

@sneakypete

I'm confused about your response to my comment to corbe. I'm not sure what the connection is, but if I've left the impression that my life has been a charmed one, I apologize. Nothing could be further from the truth.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2021, 04:38:11 am »
@sneakypete

I'm confused about your response to my comment to corbe. I'm not sure what the connection is, but if I've left the impression that my life has been a charmed one, I apologize. Nothing could be further from the truth.

@AllThatJazzZ

I have never suggested that you or anyone else has never known any pain. There are many types of pain. Some psychic,and some physical.

There are even many degrees of both types of pain.

The pain I am speaking of I refer to "I want my mama pain". You will know it immediately if you are ever so unfortunate to experience it.

Most people can take it if it comes only ocassionally and lasts a short time,but I am here to testify that that when you experience it more minutes and hours of the day than you don't and it just doesn't seem like it is ever going to go away,you might come to welcome the sweet release of death.

Especially if you are over 70 and have a host of other physical problems.

Not judging ANYBODY,but it is a simple truth. We all are individuals,and we all have different levels of pain we can deal with on a daily,or even hourly basis,but when you reach your limit,"There you are."

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2021, 09:05:07 am »
@Gefn

Don't sell Marvin Gaye short. He was putting out some serious messages,as well as some truly beautiful music at the same time. Who knows how far he could have advanced this if he hadn't died so young?

Oh Marvin Gaye did make some beautiful music. I didn’t really get into him until I was in my late twenties.

I had two cousins who went to Woodstock, and when they’d baby sit for me, they’d bring over the greatest records. So when I was six or so, I really started liking The Beatles. Even my folks liked them up to “The White Album”

Now, I also like a lot of 60s bands, and this might explain why I like the Stones circa Brian Jones best.
@sneakypete

(I was also singing songs from Sesame Street at the same time. No wonder I turned out complex and weird)

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2021, 09:12:04 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

You can be in real bad physical or mental pain to consider shuffling off this mortal coil. Depression is a real bi**h. We’ve all had those 3am dark night of the soul where we’ve pondered our mortality.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #518 on: August 03, 2021, 02:28:16 pm »
You can be in real bad physical or mental pain to consider shuffling off this mortal coil. Depression is a real bi**h. We’ve all had those 3am dark night of the soul where we’ve pondered our mortality.

@Gefn

Yes,but some people are so unfortunate they have the 24/7. The ONLY thing that can be done for them is to keep them sedated until they die,which to use a bad pun,is no way to live.

I am not talking "discomfort pain". I am talking "unbearable pain" that may sometimes ease up a LITTLE,but is never going to go away until you draw your last breath.

We are humane enough we put animals out of their misery to prevent unnecessary suffering,but don't even mention it about self or others.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #519 on: August 04, 2021, 06:00:04 am »
sneakypete, I wish you would have listened to me about shark cartilage.  It's not nonsense, it is real.  I know many that it helped to eliminate cancer or halt the growth when American doctors gave up hope and told folks to get their affairs in order, they had a couple months left.

AND ANOTHER THING, TAKEN IN THE PROPER DOSE, SHARK CARTILAGE ALLEVIATES PAIN WITHOUT DEBILITATING YOUR MENTAL FACILITIES.

Best brand I know is Cartilade.  Get the powder and use it to the ratio of one gram for every 2 pounds of body weight daily.  Do not mix with warm or hot liquids, wash it down with room temp or cold liquids.  Do that for one month and tell me what is going on. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 06:05:56 am by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #520 on: August 04, 2021, 06:56:40 am »
sneakypete, I wish you would have listened to me about shark cartilage.  It's not nonsense, it is real.  I know many that it helped to eliminate cancer or halt the growth when American doctors gave up hope and told folks to get their affairs in order, they had a couple months left.

AND ANOTHER THING, TAKEN IN THE PROPER DOSE, SHARK CARTILAGE ALLEVIATES PAIN WITHOUT DEBILITATING YOUR MENTAL FACILITIES.

Best brand I know is Cartilade.  Get the powder and use it to the ratio of one gram for every 2 pounds of body weight daily.  Do not mix with warm or hot liquids, wash it down with room temp or cold liquids.  Do that for one month and tell me what is going on.

@jafo2010

Where do you get yours,and how much does it cost?

All I have found powdered was $75.00 a bottle,and all they talked about was hair growth.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2021, 07:43:05 am »
Pete,

I never ordered it for me.  I ordered it for father, mother, mother-in-law for their use.  And I had another dozen or so order it through the years.  Here is the guy I ordered it from a few years ago who had the best price.  Get the larger canister of it.  One large canister lasts about one month if you are taking the right dose for a bigger guy, say 175 Lbs. 

Again, proper dose for someone with cancer is 1 gram for every 2 lbs of body weight per day.  Stays in the body for only 24 hours, so that is the reason to take it every day religiously.

Here is the guy's info:

Lloyd Wright

Alternative Medicine Solution

www.alternativemedicinesolution.com

877-676-1615

Monday  - Thursday  8AM  -  4 PM  (I believe that is Pacific time)

Product:   CARTILADE

1400 gram powder    $180

500 gram powder      $75

He and his wife are nice folks.

If you do this, call me so I can tell you everything you need to know.  There is a lot to know.  Prices above were from a few years ago, might be higher now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:26:42 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2021, 04:12:05 pm »
@jafo2010

I clicked on that link and got a big "Security Risk" warning surrounded by a yellow border..

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2021, 04:47:55 pm »
@jafo2010

I clicked on that link and got a big "Security Risk" warning surrounded by a yellow border..

I tried it, and got the same warning.  Might just be a FireFox thing...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2021, 05:08:01 pm »
I am sorry guys.  My typo error.  I called the number, and I had the website wrong.  No plural on solution.

www.alternativemedicinesolution.com

The woman I spoke with said they no longer package the 1400 gm container, just the 500 gram container.  Here I thought they were a distributor, but they actually manufacture the Cartilade.