Author Topic: Legislative Preview: Fighting Medical Tyranny in Texas  (Read 170 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legislative Preview: Fighting Medical Tyranny in Texas
« on: December 30, 2020, 12:26:05 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Robert Montoya December 28, 2020

Texans for Vaccine Choice says the way forward against the Chinese coronavirus is medical freedom and self-governance, not mandates.

After a year of COVID mandates and shutdowns, the next Texas legislative session is on the horizon. Texans for Vaccine Choice encourages citizens to resist local tyranny and push for medical freedom in the upcoming session.

In 2020, Texas joined many other states in wielding government power in response to the Chinese coronavirus. Gov. Greg Abbott decreed statewide shutdowns, closed bars, set occupancy limits, temporarily banned families from visiting their loved ones in nursing homes, and issued a statewide mask mandate while allowing local officials to fine businesses for not enforcing mask-wearing within their establishments.

Local officials enacted their own mandates, too, and even banned in-person worship at one point.

Along with government mandates and the consistent messaging of maintaining social distancing, everyone’s life has been put on pause until the arrival of a vaccine.

“Look, viruses aren’t going away. Bacteria is not going away. COVID’s not going away. It’s here to stay; we’ve got to learn to live with it,” Jackie Schlegel, executive director of TFVC, told Texas Scorecard. “I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to live life in constant fear that every person I interact with is going to give me a disease and die.”

But is living in fear following the science?

“Absolutely not,” added Schlegel. “And not only is it not following the science, we know that it’s not even healthy from a mental, emotional, or social perspective to live life the way that we’re living it. On a social-emotional level, it is absolutely detrimental, what we have done.”

Members of the medical community agree, disputing the effectiveness of mask-wearing and other government mandates in combatting the Chinese coronavirus. One doctor even called Abbott’s approach a “failed strategy.”

Schlegel advises the best response to the virus on an individual level is to practice self-governance.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/legislative-preview-fighting-medical-tyranny-in-texas/