Author Topic: Murkowski says she will vote to confirm Barrett to Supreme Court on Monday..[wow]  (Read 1936 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murkowski says she will vote to confirm Barrett to Supreme Court on Monday
By Jordain Carney - 10/24/20 03:19 PM EDT

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) said on Saturday that she will vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court on Monday, despite objections to taking up the nomination before the Nov. 3 election.

"I have no doubt about her intellect. I have no doubt about Judge Barrett's judicial temperament. I have no doubt about her capability to do the job. ... I have concluded that she is the sort of person we want on the Supreme Court," Murkowski said from the Senate floor.

Murkowski, the only GOP senator to oppose then-nominee Brett Kavanaugh in 2018, was one of the last senators whose vote was in doubt. Leadership indicated earlier Saturday that the moderate senator had privately told them what she intended to do.

Murkowski, during her floor speech, reiterated that she does not believe Republicans should be holding a vote on Barrett before the Nov. 3 election. Murkowski voted against proceeding to the nomination on Friday and said she will oppose ending debate on Barrett's nomination on Sunday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/522595-murkowski-says-she-will-vote-to-confirm-barrett-to-supreme-court-on-monday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Murkowski says she will vote to confirm Barrett to Supreme Court on Monday
By Jordain Carney - 10/24/20 03:19 PM EDT

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) said on Saturday that she will vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court on Monday, despite objections to taking up the nomination before the Nov. 3 election.

"I have no doubt about her intellect. I have no doubt about Judge Barrett's judicial temperament. I have no doubt about her capability to do the job. ... I have concluded that she is the sort of person we want on the Supreme Court," Murkowski said from the Senate floor.

Murkowski, the only GOP senator to oppose then-nominee Brett Kavanaugh in 2018, was one of the last senators whose vote was in doubt. Leadership indicated earlier Saturday that the moderate senator had privately told them what she intended to do.

Murkowski, during her floor speech, reiterated that she does not believe Republicans should be holding a vote on Barrett before the Nov. 3 election. Murkowski voted against proceeding to the nomination on Friday and said she will oppose ending debate on Barrett's nomination on Sunday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/522595-murkowski-says-she-will-vote-to-confirm-barrett-to-supreme-court-on-monday
Just waiting for Mittens to say he won't vote for her.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just waiting for Mittens to say he won't vote for her.

He already said he will...I think Collins is the only holdout!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mystery wrote:
"He already said he will...I think Collins is the only holdout!"

Now that Collins can no longer claim that she is the only Republican "holding out", watch her cave next...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need a show of 100% solidarity on this vote.   

C'mon man,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Lisa Murkowski announces support for Amy Coney Barrett during rare Saturday Senate session

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, announced her support for Amy Coney Barrett Saturday during a floor speech in the Senate, strengthening the Republican votes to confirm the judge on Monday.

Murkowski said she's still opposed to the Senate taking up a Supreme Court nominee so close to Nov. 3 election, but the senator said she already lost that procedural fight and she must evaluate Barrett's qualifications to the bench.

"I will be a yes," Murkowski said Saturday in a floor speech. "I have no doubt about her intellect. I have no doubt about Judge Barrett's judicial temperament. I have no doubt about her capability to do the job -- and to do it well."

Murkowski, the only GOP senator to oppose Justice Brett Kavanaugh in 2018, threaded the needle Saturday by announcing she'd still vote "no" on the procedural motion on Sunday to advance Barrett's nomination. The senator still opposes the process but won't "hold it against" Barrett and therefore will vote "yes" on the merits of her nomination Monday.

"I have concluded that she is the sort of person we want on the Supreme Court," Murkowski said, praising Barrett's temperament, legal writing and patience.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-rare-saturday-session-debate-amy-coney-barrett-nomination
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

IF Barrett is confirmed, and IF Trump wins re-election and IF the GOP maintains the Senate, there just may be some hope to save our Republic.  Lot of IF's ... keep praying.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We need a show of 100% solidarity on this vote.   

C'mon man,

Collins is the lone holdout, and she went for Kavanaugh with a major floor speech.  We could get that 100%, and it's unlikely that Senators, with one ear glued to the rail, think Trump is going to lose 11/3.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Mods -- Ooops --- please put under SCOTUS news and maybe merge?  Thank you.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,418030.msg2310638/topicseen.html#msg2310638[/url
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 11:25:10 pm by libertybele »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

Too late.  She stabbed Kavanaugh in the back, and her voting record is abysmal.  The Alaska GOP needs to recruit a challenger.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins has not changed her mind, she will vote no.
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Too late.  She stabbed Kavanaugh in the back, and her voting record is abysmal.  The Alaska GOP needs to recruit a challenger.

Agree totally.  Even if she had not, at first, threatened to withhold her vote on ACB, Sarah Palin needs to primary her.

I am sick and damned tired of these 'Maverick' Senators.  She needs to be shown the door.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
In all legal honesty a nay vote should be uncounted. IMO, she is more qualified than half of the SCOTUS we have now combined.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agree totally.  Even if she had not, at first, threatened to withhold her vote on ACB, Sarah Palin needs to primary her.

I am sick and damned tired of these 'Maverick' Senators.  She needs to be shown the door.

I've been rooting for that. I don't much like her anymore, her blind devotion for McStain for the last decade of his life soured me a great deal.  It would really frost a normal person to be snubbed at her once-running mate's funeral.

But she would do well in the Senate, certainly better than Big Mouth Bass Murkowski. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Murkowski is UNDER Feinstein thumb.  When she voted for Brett...Feinstein had Murkowski up against a wall, talking to her.
PICTURE. 
So, some kind of intimidation going on.  COLLINS can't even say anything bad about this woman. Like they were doing to Brett, being a male. Well, being a child of 14 years of age and it wasn't even he, that tired to do a grope at a high school drinking party.  Nothing happened.  Another man cane forward and said it was he, not Brett.  Age 14, an attempted, FAILED grope, while all were drinking and the LEFTS...made it sound like rape!   BLOWSEY FORD was such a liar.  PROVEN.  She had on a full bathing suit under her clothes.  Blowsey said that. She was a wild, party girl. What was she doing at this drinking party?  Her nickname is from what she did.  Just makes me angry, when women, lie about things like this.

How do I post that picture.

Sen. Feinstein corners Sen. Murkowski ahead of Kavanaugh hearing

2 years ago

CBS This Morning
A photo from the CBS News Capitol Hill team shows Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein cornering Republican Sen.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 01:06:43 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Murkowski or Collins....I can't tell much difference between the two RINO'S...  I say they are demon-rat plants. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican This one?

YES!   Thank you, thank you.  Look at their faces. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
YES!   Thank you, thank you.  Look at their faces.

Every day, Fineswine looks more and more like "Mama," from Throw Mama From The Train.

I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Every day, Fineswine looks more and more like "Mama," from Throw Mama From The Train.

YES.   :mauslaff: