Author Topic: Senate votes to limit debate on Barrett Supreme Court nomination, move toward final vote Monday even  (Read 652 times)

Offline libertybele

Well ... it looks like we will have a new SCOTUS justice by Monday evening!!!  I am hopeful.  I am also hoping that she turns out to be a better pick than either Gorsuch or Kavanaugh and extremely hopeful that she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.  I'm also still hoping that Romney will be a yes vote.  It would be nice to see 100% of the GOP voting for her nomination, but Collins I guess is expecting voting against this to save her seat.

Senate votes to limit debate on Barrett Supreme Court nomination, move toward final vote Monday evening

The Senate voted 51-48 Sunday afternoon to limit debate on the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, setting up a vote on her confirmation for Monday evening.

Sunday's vote limited debate over President Trump's court appointee to 30 hours, meaning the full Senate will be able to hold a confirmation vote Monday beginning at approximately 7:26 p.m. ET.

"Judge Amy Coney Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit is a stellar nominee in every single respect," Senate Majority Leader McConnell said on the Senate floor following the vote. "Her intellectual brilliance is unquestioned. Her command of the law is remarkable. Her integrity is above reproach."

Two Republicans voted against ending debate, Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine., and Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska. Murkowski has, however, indicated that she will vote to confirm Barrett.....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-vote-limit-debate-barrett-supreme-court-nomination-final-vote-monday
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

Well ... it looks like we will have a new SCOTUS justice by Monday evening!!!  I am hopeful.  I am also hoping that she turns out to be a better pick than either Gorsuch or Kavanaugh and extremely hopeful that she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.  I'm also still hoping that Romney will be a yes vote.  It would be nice to see 100% of the GOP voting for her nomination, but Collins I guess is expecting voting against this to save her seat.

Senate votes to limit debate on Barrett Supreme Court nomination, move toward final vote Monday evening

The Senate voted 51-48 Sunday afternoon to limit debate on the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, setting up a vote on her confirmation for Monday evening.

Sunday's vote limited debate over President Trump's court appointee to 30 hours, meaning the full Senate will be able to hold a confirmation vote Monday beginning at approximately 7:26 p.m. ET.

"Judge Amy Coney Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit is a stellar nominee in every single respect," Senate Majority Leader McConnell said on the Senate floor following the vote. "Her intellectual brilliance is unquestioned. Her command of the law is remarkable. Her integrity is above reproach."

Two Republicans voted against ending debate, Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine., and Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska. Murkowski has, however, indicated that she will vote to confirm Barrett.....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-vote-limit-debate-barrett-supreme-court-nomination-final-vote-monday

Good.  Barrett was already vetted.  How many times more?  This phony  "meeting' to question her was not needed.  It was only to harass her by demon-rats.  Now, conservative Judges know how, to respond to evil demon-rats.  She was a good role model. Kept her cool.  Good for her. I didn't watch the whole kangaroo court session.

Offline LegalAmerican

Susan Collins is a DEMON-RAT.  All actions and voting against POTUS and our country,  show that.  REMOVE HER. 

Voting against National Emergency at border.  VOTING TO NOT PROTECT AMERICA AND HER CITIZENS. 

Offline Hoodat

Susan Collins is a DEMON-RAT.  All actions and voting against POTUS and our country,  show that.  REMOVE HER.

Susan Collins caucuses with the GOP.  Her replacement would caucus with the Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-