Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen: I'll be 'on the next plane' to Australia if Trump wins  (Read 3078 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Bruce Springsteen: I'll be 'on the next plane' to Australia if Trump wins
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 09:04:40 pm »
His whole persona and faux hype was generated by the dip shits at Rolling Stone.  Springsteen would 't make my top 100 bands of all time, much less what he is made out to be now by the press.
I remember a story from more than twenty years ago in the Milwaukee Journal. The paper did an interview with people who worked at the Milwaukee Arena which hosted a lot of music events.
In the course of the interview the writer asked a number of Arena employees who were the best and worst entertainers they worked for.
I can't remember whom they named as the best, but all of them said the worst, obnoxious entertainer they had to put with was...ta da!...Bruce Springsteen. Reba McIntyre was second worst.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 09:14:03 pm »

Hmmm...I don't know. Clarence Clemons was pretty awesome. I went to see two Springsteen concerts...they were pretty darn good.

That being said...see ya Bruce...Bye Bye.
I'll ask you one question. Do you think "Hungry Heart" was  good, bad, mediocre?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 09:27:06 pm »
“Because The Night” was the only decent song Springsteen ever penned. I only like it because someone else made it famous. Dude cannot sing at all. I have also heard that he puts on a good live show.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 09:31:31 pm »
“Because The Night” was the only decent song Springsteen ever penned. 

@debrawiest

Absolutely NOT true!

Give a listen to the Pointer Sister singing "Fire". These girls flat tore that UP!

I would have paid big money t have been in that club that night!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:37:19 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 09:32:22 pm »
“Because The Night” was the only decent song Springsteen ever penned. I only like it because someone else made it famous. Dude cannot sing at all. I have also heard that he puts on a good live show.
I've never seen him live or on tv, but I'll give points to entertainers who try hard to keep their audience entertained.
I'm not a fan, but I went to a Rod Stewart concert in Milwaukee to please the wife, and Stewart put on a pretty good show. He also kicked about 100 soccer balls into the audience.

p.s. Since Stewart has come out as a rabid anti-Trumper, the wife refuses to listen to him or even talk about him.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2020, 09:46:20 pm »
I saw him at a smallish venue in 78 and he did put on a good show. Once he bulked up he turned to crap. That ‘every working man’ schtick got old fast.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 09:48:12 pm »
Reason #712 why I hope Trump wins.  Maybe he can take the Eagles with him.

Would I be out of line if I suggested he should be keeping company with Glenn Frey?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 09:52:20 pm »
Would I be out of line if I suggested he should be keeping company with Glenn Frey?

:police:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 09:56:51 pm »
Hey, Bruce, I'd choose New Zealand first.
With your money, you should be owning a getaway there already.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 10:11:58 pm »
Only one Springsteen song I can even stand, and it's a cover.

Pretentious, blue collar wannabe douche.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2020, 10:17:21 pm »
I'll ask you one question. Do you think "Hungry Heart" was  good, bad, mediocre?

Mediocre..at best.  Why do you ask about that particular song?

I think one either loves Bruce or hates him. I fall into neither category. He does a good concert and....Clemons.
He did some really good sound track stuff. Secret Garden and Philadelphia. But a concert of those songs would really put me to sleep, lol.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2020, 10:33:39 pm »

I think one either loves Bruce or hates him. I fall into neither category. He does a good concert and....Clemons.
He did some really good sound track stuff. Secret Garden and Philadelphia. But a concert of those songs would really put me to sleep, lol.

The hype from Rolling Stone in the early 70's really turned me off, but I can say Springstein's a top-notch lyricist.  My faves were songs that were covered by others.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 10:37:50 pm »
The hype from Rolling Stone in the early 70's really turned me off, but I can say Springstein's a top-notch lyricist.  My faves were songs that were covered by others.

@Cyber Liberty

Give a listen to the song I posted above by the Pointer Sisters. The first time I heard it playing I was driving a post off jeep,and stopped right away to get out of the jeep and dance. No kidding. Those girls tear that song UP!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 10:41:56 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Give a listen to the song I posted above by the Pointer Sisters. The first time I heard it playing I was driving a post off jeep,and stopped right away to get out of the jeep and dance. No kidding. Those girls tear that song UP!

I'm familiar with the song Fire.  I was a DJ in those years.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2020, 10:58:46 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I was just about to post that.  Great minds, and all.

Here's some Steve Miller:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 11:21:14 pm »
Tommy Lee said something similar the other day.  Few of these celebs ever relocate and some who do like Johnny Depp find out life in other countries isn't all that great.

As for Springsteen -- I only saw him live once  with the E Street Band and he was quite good.  Clarence Clemmons on sax was awesome.  Alas, Clarence passed on a few years ago and the new material Bruce has been putting out lately is a dog. 

I just wish these celebs would keep their political views to themselves and just make music, act or whatever they do.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 11:25:46 pm »
the new material Bruce has been putting out lately is a dog.

The last year Bruce put out anything decent was 1980.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AL

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2020, 01:54:58 am »
Bye...  Take the Meathead with you.   :seeya:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2020, 02:19:38 am »
I love Springsteen's music; I've been listening to it most of my adult life.   But if he wants to quit his country,  then screw him.   It must kill him to know Trump fights for the working man.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2020, 02:49:31 am »
Bye,bitch!

I wish they would all leave!  Cher, Woopie.....ALL OF THEM.  They think,  they are so 'special'. NARCISSISM. 
Stevie Wonder said the same thing. He would not perform anymore.   *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2020, 02:51:02 am »
Bye...  Take the Meathead with you.   :seeya:

I agree, they can all leave.!   333cleo

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2020, 07:11:59 pm »

"Mediocre..at best"

Alright.... I was just trying gauge what you considered a good song.  "Hungry Heart" is mediocre. There's only two of his songs I've heard that I like which I listed previously.
I just don't get all the hype for the guy.
B. Dylan and P. Simon are the two greatest American songwriters of the rock n roll era. They've put out their fair share of bad music, but their tremendous volume of good music more than makes of for the crap.
Springsteen isn't close to either one.

Online libertybele

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2020, 07:17:02 pm »
Hopefully, he's already packing his bags.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVEATF7VNTk
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2020, 07:23:21 pm »
I thought this was about him leaving, if POTUS WINS?  MODS get on my case, if I wander.