Author Topic: Data: 48 of America’s 50 Largest Cities Hit By Black Lives Matter Riots  (Read 1346 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 6 Sep 2020

New data from Princeton University shows that riots associated with the Black Lives Matter movement took place in 48 out of the 50 largest cities in the United States.

The study found:

In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations ​— under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests.

Mainstream media seized on the data last week to argue that the “Trump narrative” of violent demonstrations was false. The study itself speculated that public perceptions of riots were skewed by “political orientation and biased media framing” and “disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations.”

Byron York
@ByronYork
Princeton University group studies 3 months of Black Lives Matter protests. Intent is to show they are 'overwhelmingly peaceful.' But report reveals nearly 570 violent demonstrations--riots--in nearly 220 locations spread all across country. http://ow.ly/wY4u50BiSDg

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/06/data-48-of-americas-50-largest-cities-hit-by-black-lives-matter-riots/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
"In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity."

Mainstream media seized on the data last week to argue that the “Trump narrative” of violent demonstrations was false. The study itself speculated that public perceptions of riots were skewed by “political orientation and biased media framing” and “disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations.”

In more than 99.99% of interactions between police and black Americans, no black American was killed.

HoustonSam seizes on this figure to argue that the "media narrative" of police work systematically killing black Americans is false.  The figure suggests that public perceptions of racial discrimination in police work are skewed by political orientation and biased media framing and disproportionate coverage of selected events.

That the media could make an argument so stupid and easily rebutted confirms that they no longer serve any legitimate Constitutional or edifying function in American society.  I thought Trump was wrong to call them "the enemy of the people"; but what else can they truthfully be called?
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
HoustonSam wrote:
"That the media could make an argument so stupid and easily rebutted confirms that they no longer serve any legitimate Constitutional or edifying function in American society.  I thought Trump was wrong to call them "the enemy of the people"; but what else can they truthfully be called?"

How about communists and fellow travelers?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In more than 99.99% of interactions between police and black Americans, no black American was killed.

HoustonSam seizes on this figure to argue that the "media narrative" of police work systematically killing black Americans is false.  The figure suggests that public perceptions of racial discrimination in police work are skewed by political orientation and biased media framing and disproportionate coverage of selected events.

That the media could make an argument so stupid and easily rebutted confirms that they no longer serve any legitimate Constitutional or edifying function in American society.  I thought Trump was wrong to call them "the enemy of the people"; but what else can they truthfully be called?
Excellent cogent points.

And the 'peaceful protest narrative is shattered as well by their own admission, as only 2 of America's 50 largest cities did not have rioting by BLM.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

@HoustonSam

You've answered that yourself my friend... They are called 'media' now, no longer journalists. Similar to the disparity between politicians and statesmen.

:seeya:

Offline libertybele

...and after the elections these riots will spread into the suburban areas.  Its' just a matter of time.  Take a look at the map; anyone truly think that these riots won't continue and spread? They are organized and have been training.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Looks to me like nearly every place having more than one protest also had riots.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:18:04 pm by skeeter »

Online roamer_1

...and after the elections these riots will spread into the suburban areas.  Its' just a matter of time.  Take a look at the map; anyone truly think that these riots won't continue and spread? They are organized and have been training.

No it won't...

Offline corbe

Either Trump's an Idiot OR these Riots are politically advantageous to his Reelection Campaign. 
   You tell me  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Either Trump's an Idiot OR these Riots are politically advantageous to his Reelection Campaign. 
   You tell me  :shrug:

Well...I've said from the beginning that he should have acted immediately and swiftly (as he promised multiple times) and if needed he should have used the Insurrection Act; that didn't exactly go over very well with most in here.    :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Hell, He hasn't even EO'd blm and {p}antifa a Domestic Terrorist Organization yet.  He's waiting on next weeks poll numbers, I guess.  @libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Hell, He hasn't even EO'd blm and {p}antifa a Domestic Terrorist Organization yet.  He's waiting on next weeks poll numbers, I guess.  @libertybele

I thought that he had tried .... but according to CBS reporting (for what their worth) -- not so -- quite the opposite:

White House responds to petition to label Black Lives Matter a "terror" group

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-responds-to-petition-to-label-black-lives-matter-a-terror-group/

Trump did say something about ANTIFA -- but somehow he doesn't have the authority (?)  It is discouraging when he comes up with the right idea; but either doesn't act or doesn't have the authority. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/politics/trump-antifa-terrorist-group.html
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:53:11 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

No it won't...

???  If Biden wins the leftists will continue to riot and make demands for reparations.  If Trump wins the leftists will riot because they lost due to whatever cockamanie excuse they come up with.

Offline corbe

He's definitely not scared of EO's.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
???  If Biden wins the leftists will continue to riot and make demands for reparations.  If Trump wins the leftists will riot because they lost due to whatever cockamanie excuse they come up with.

I think my friend @roamer_1 means that a spread of rioting to the suburbs and rural areas will be very short-lived.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

I think my friend @roamer_1 means that a spread of rioting to the suburbs and rural areas will be very short-lived.

I am really hoping that @roamer_1  is correct on this issue.

Online roamer_1

But certainly not where liberals don't control government, or they will actually get arrested and prosecuted... And convicted.

And certainly not in greater suburbia and rural areas where they will certainly get their asses whipped but good...

Online roamer_1

Quite. And with emphasis, @HoustonSam   :beer:

Online roamer_1

I am really hoping that @roamer_1  is correct on this issue.

Not a worry in the world that it will prove otherwise... In fact my position has been proven over and again.

Offline libertybele

But certainly not where liberals don't control government, or they will actually get arrested and prosecuted... And convicted.

And certainly not in greater suburbia and rural areas where they will certainly get their asses whipped but good...

:beer:

Offline libertybele

He's definitely not scared of EO's.

Point very well made @corbe

Offline verga

I am fairly certain, and I have said before: Coming into the suburbs and rural areas will not go the way they plan. These folks will sit in trees for hours wearing Camo, just waiting for the chance to shoot something. BLM is going to come out wearing masks and waving sticks at folks with AR-15's, 6-5 Creedmoor accurate out to 1000+ yards, and .308's that will take down an elk at 300 yards (That is 2050 FPS and 1500 ft/lbs of energy)
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

I am fairly certain, and I have said before: Coming into the suburbs and rural areas will not go the way they plan. These folks will sit in trees for hours wearing Camo, just waiting for the chance to shoot something. BLM is going to come out wearing masks and waving sticks at folks with AR-15's, 6-5 Creedmoor accurate out to 1000+ yards, and .308's that will take down an elk at 300 yards (That is 2050 FPS and 1500 ft/lbs of energy)

It may not go as 'they' planned, but the violence still continues.  Not a good scenario and I don't see a positive to any violence.

The last thing I want to do is have to defend myself and my property from thugs, especially when the chance to contain all this should have been handled long ago.

What about our kids in school? 

Or, can we expect another shutdown now due to violence?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It may not go as 'they' planned, but the violence still continues.  Not a good scenario and I don't see a positive to any violence.

The last thing I want to do is have to defend myself and my property from thugs, especially when the chance to contain all this should have been handled long ago.

What about our kids in school? 

Or, can we expect another shutdown now due to violence?
No, you have it backwards. The last thing you want to do is NOT to defend your property from thugs.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

Yeah, that ain't right. I am quite sure you would appreciate violence if a man rises up to protect you during a mugging or rape.

Sometimes you have to draw a hard line. This is a thing I think womenfolk have gotten bent around in their heads due to the drone of feminism. Not all violence is bad.

This is no different.
All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.