Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention  (Read 23672 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2020, 02:46:49 am »
I thought Hershel Walker did a good job in addressing the erroneous “Trump is a racist” dogma.

Best of the night IMHO.  Anyone who doesn't believe it was need only sit back and watch what the media tries to do to him in coming days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2020, 02:48:56 am »
   Didn't yall hear all this $hit in 2016? 
   How's that working out for ya?

Ok, rest assured I found something on TV that will put me to sleep as fast your convention would, if I was watching this Apprentice ~ Season 6, so I'm outta here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2020, 02:55:13 am »
I'm loving the closing music ... and the White House live shot!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2020, 03:00:36 am »
Best of the night IMHO.  Anyone who doesn't believe it was need only sit back and watch what the media tries to do to him in coming days.
Wont compare to what they’re gonna do to that democrat state senator from Georgia. That guy must be a glutton for punishment.

Offline bilo

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2020, 03:01:34 am »
 Lots of great speeches, but there were two that brought tears to my eyes. The father whose daughter was killed at Parkland and the gentleman who came from Cuba.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2020, 03:03:08 am »
Wont compare to what they’re gonna do to that democrat state senator from Georgia. That guy must be a glutton for punishment.

Maybe he had so much punishment on the plantation he decided whatever pain came with being free was worth it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2020, 03:05:29 am »
Maybe he had so much punishment on the plantation he decided whatever pain came with being free was worth it.
In so many words that’s what he said. I cannot imagine independent minded blacks - or independent minded anyone - not identifying with his message.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2020, 03:06:28 am »
Excellent speakers, patriotic themes, opportunity and optimism, freedom and liberty, the American way.

A good time was had by all. :patriot:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2020, 03:08:50 am »

Ok, rest assured I found something on TV that will put me to sleep as fast your convention would, if I was watching this Apprentice ~ Season 6, so I'm outta here.
@corbe

What the hell is wrong with you!?
Are you sure you are on the correct site?
You need to post all your TDS anti-Trump crap on DU.
Here is the link you need. https://democraticunderground.com/
Did you login with the sole purpose of pissing on the parade? Why are you here? Why are you posting shit?
Yes. You NEED to go to sleep. Apparently, you either do not know where you are or you are intentionally trying to bring everybody down to your level of depression. I will just chalk it up to you being stoned/drunk out of your head and full of morbid depression.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2020, 03:09:23 am »
Excellent speakers, patriotic themes, opportunity and optimism, freedom and liberty, the American way.

A good time was had by all. :patriot:
I wonder if anyone caught the self depreciating comment from the McClusky woman fm St Louis regarding her and her husband’s tactical firearm skills.

Offline bilo

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2020, 03:12:56 am »
In so many words that’s what he said. I cannot imagine independent minded blacks - or independent minded anyone - not identifying with his message.

:amen:

Any Black man, or woman, who refuses to support the Rats deserves our support if for no other reason than the amount of grief they will suffer for not staying on the plantation.

Offline bilo

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2020, 03:16:40 am »
I wonder if anyone caught the self depreciating comment from the McClusky woman fm St Louis regarding her and her husband’s tactical firearm skills.

I missed it. I know she sure didn't know what she was doing with that pistol.

It has to be eye opening for them being Rats and discovering that the only real friends they have are Pubs.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2020, 03:17:39 am »
@corbe

Did you login with the sole purpose of pissing on the parade? Why are you here? Why are you posting shit?
Yes. You NEED to go to sleep. Apparently, you either do not know where you are or you are intentionally trying to bring everybody down to your level of depression. I will just chalk it up to you being stoned/drunk out of your head and full of morbid depression.
Hey its hard to be the smartest person in the room. Putting up with all the suckers.  rrthree

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2020, 03:18:39 am »

He's a courageous man for sure and, I imagine, for every one that courageous there are many more keeping their powder dry until election day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2020, 03:20:37 am »
Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones on why he's voting for Donald Trump

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4LqeDt12l0

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2020, 03:24:22 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2020, 03:31:43 am »
Hershel Walker and Don Jr.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2020, 03:38:50 am »
CNN had a rough night   88devil

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 03:39:54 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2020, 04:06:42 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2020, 04:19:55 am »
Mark and Patricia McCloskey's full remarks at the GOP Convention

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hwDx9Xvnk&feature=youtu.be

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2020, 08:54:50 am »
She's been doing this for months ... I can't believe they put her in front of a camera.

@DCPatriot

OMG!!   Donald Trump, Jr. needs to strap on his running shoes and GIT!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2020, 08:57:40 am »
   By reading yalls posts I think this is less painful than watching the dnc convention but I am desperately hunting something else to occupy my time.  Something less staged and not so full of $hit.  Mystic Pizza maybe?

Well, @corbe ...thanks for checking in.   /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2020, 09:00:41 am »

Good!  Go fire up your bong and GTFO this thread. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2020, 09:02:00 am »
@corbe

:beer:

He's an effing adolescent.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2020, 12:42:55 pm »
The director of Students for Life posted this on Facebook:
Kristan Mercer Hawkins  33m ·

I experienced something new this morning, sobbing while brushing my teeth. Let me explain…

As an experienced politico not much inspires me these days. I tune into debates to fuel my competitive drive and tally the points. I don’t watch cable news. I read or listen to the highlights while trying to make dinner for the kids and then work with our team at Students for Life Action to ensure promises are kept or records are exposed.

While I’m a proud Republican, you’ll never see me up on a stage touting over and over again the name of one candidate for the sake of a victory or promising that one single, flawed human being will be the answer to all of our problems. I despise the rock-star behavior and treatment we give politicians, many whom have seem to have forgotten they’ve been elected and pledges to serve us. To me, my support of the Republican party has never been about the person but their policies and actions.

And Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina feels the same way.

This morning I woke up to my newsfeed exploding about Senator Scott’s RNC speech. But having passed out after working way too many hours on Monday, I missed it in real time. Doing what I usually do, I pressed play and went about my morning routine.

The case Senator Scott made for President Trump and Vice President Pence to be re-elected with resounding. But his pitch went further than that…it was the case for why Americans, of every color and background, should support Republican policies.

This was the moment I began sobbing:

“My grandfather's 99th birthday would have been tomorrow. Growing up, he had to cross the street if a white person was coming. He suffered the indignity of being forced out of school as a third grader to pick cotton, and never learned to read or write.

Yet, he lived to see his grandson become the first African American to be elected to both the United States House and Senate.

Our family went from Cotton to Congress in one lifetime. And that's why I believe the next American century can be better than the last.

There are millions of families like mine across this nation...full of potential seeking to live the American Dream.

And I'm here tonight to tell you that supporting the Republican ticket gives you the best chance of making that dream a reality.”

I began sobbing for the pain Senator Scott's family endured. For the sins our nation has propagated for decades. And for the hope that every American still can have, if they believe.

Senator Scott laid out the vision I’ve been waiting for the Republican party to paint for the past 20 years I’ve been participating in politics.

We're Republicans because we care about the vulnerable, opposed, and downtrodden; because we believe each American should afforded every opportunity to pursue and achieve their American Dream.

And while others may believe that our policies won’t be effective and successful, please, never doubt the sincerity in our attempt.

Thank you Sen. Scott for giving us this voice.
https://www.facebook.com/kristan.hawkins/posts/974593141254
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org