Author Topic: Confirmed: Second Stimulus Check Proposal Of $1,200 Per American Earning Up To $75,000  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Applewood

GOP coronavirus bill includes FBI building construction funds

Well, of  course.  Wouldn't be a congressional bill without a ton of pork in it.  If you're going to spend trillions, might as well include a lot of totally unrelated and unnecessary spending too.

Does anyone know how much pork is in the Democrats' package?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, of  course.  Wouldn't be a congressional bill without a ton of pork in it.  If you're going to spend trillions, might as well include a lot of totally unrelated and unnecessary spending too.

Does anyone know how much pork is in the Democrats' package?

@Applewood

I am going to go out on a limb here and state that in one way or another,ALL of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Not to worry, the GOP will soon come onboard with the Dim's plan. It's an election year and they are good with spending as much of the tax payers money as necessary to assure their reelection... :shrug:

There always has to be drama.  Republicans have to make a show of being obstinate, but in the end, they cave.  We should all know by now how this will play out.  One trillion will become three trillion or more.  I expect it will wrap up in a day or two.  After all, aren't these lazy lumps due for vacation?  Can't miss that.

Just more reality tv, only this time in congress.  It goes along with the reality tv presidency. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoyer says Democrats are flexible on unemployment benefits: 'It's not $600 or bust'
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/509406-hoyer-says-democrats-are-flexible-on-unemployment-benefits-its-not-600-or-bust

I wonder if he asked Nancy before he said that
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hoyer says Democrats are flexible on unemployment benefits: 'It's not $600 or bust'
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/509406-hoyer-says-democrats-are-flexible-on-unemployment-benefits-its-not-600-or-bust

I wonder if he asked Nancy before he said that
He might be flexible on unemployment, but not the high level pork.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Second coronavirus stimulus check update: Here's when Americans could receive the cash
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/when-americans-can-expect-to-receive-another-stimulus-check
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Applewood

Second coronavirus stimulus check update: Here's when Americans could receive the cash

Well, I hope this time the dummies will be able to direct deposit my share.  They have my 2019 return now with the bank information.  They didn't last time and I didn't owe or receive a refund for 2018.  Supposedly, they could get the deposit information from Social Security, but I guess that was too much work.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Applewood

Oh yeah.  More fake drama.  These Republican senators will go through their act before the cameras, pretending they care about the runaway spending and out-of-control debt.  But in the end they'll vote for whatever the final bill will be.

Offline corbe

:thumbsup:
   @Applewood and Trump, again, will fail to remove his VETO PEN from his azz.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.