Author Topic: Confirmed: Second Stimulus Check Proposal Of $1,200 Per American Earning Up To $75,000  (Read 2353 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In most states it was already over. Ended on the last full week of July (on the 25th), with no prorating the rest of the month. (6/7 of a week)

The Dems and Pubbies will work together to make sure any new plan is retroactive to whenever the previous bennies run/ran out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Dems and Pubbies will work together to make sure any new plan is retroactive to whenever the previous bennies run/ran out.
That will make a real mess, because there are claims ending and beginning in that time frame, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia  So, are you once again trying to convince me that the wall is complete?

Did I effing say that @libertybele ????????????.  No, I did not.  You said there is NO wall ... and you're so wrong it's staggering because you know you are wrong.  This make no damn sense.

Sure liberal governor/mayor or reponsible for their cities, but that doesn't change the fact that Trump missed the opportunity to calm these riots when they first started;

We're a long way from 1992---the last time a POTUS used the Insurrection Act to quell a riot---as fond a memory as that may be for you. 

The world was very different then  .... California requested the Federal help and Tom Foley didn't lead his Party in referring to Bush Sr. as a Nazi for sending "his storm troopers" to LA.

But Trump has sent Federal police (actually a while ago) to protect federal property and assist with investigations and arrests (18 arrested and charged  under Federal law through Thursday).  But has this calmed these riots?  If you think so, I'll want to know your definition of "calm".

Hand wringing and finger pointing are the new knee jerks.  Guard against both.

As for amnesty  ....

Where's the proposal PDF of what you say POTUS has agreed to and is going to sign?  It seems you're getting all bent out of shape over speculation and early deal making.  And this is just plain silly.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:24:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Did I effing say that @libertybele ????????????.  No, I did not.  You said there is NO wall ... and you're so wrong it's staggering because you know you are wrong.  This make no damn sense.

Nope, that's not what I effing said....I said that the wall isn't complete.  Are you still going to deny that a lot of the wall is repair and replacing existing wall?

We're a long way from 1992---the last time a POTUS used the Insurrection Act to quell a riot---as fond a memory as that may be for you. 

The world was very different then  .... California requested the Federal help and Tom Foley didn't lead his Party in referring to Bush Sr. as a Nazi for sending "his storm troopers" to LA.

But Trump has sent Federal police (actually a while ago) to protect federal property and assist with investigations and arrests (18 arrested and charged  under Federal law through Thursday).  But has this calmed these riots?  If you think so, I'll want to know your definition of "calm".

Again, had Trump gone in when this crap first started instead of backpedaling 4x they wouldn't have called his bluff ... things are now out of control.

Hand wringing and finger pointing are the new knee jerks.  Guard against both.

Where's the proposal PDF of what you say POTUS has agreed to and is going to sign?  It seems you're getting all bent out of shape over speculation and early deal making.  And this is just plain silly.

Speculation??  Not speculating anything, -- quoting what the President said is all; unless you think he'll backpedal on this as well (which incidentally I hope he does backpedal on this one).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Until this giveaway is passed and Trump signs it, I wouldn't trust anything to be confirmed.  That said, whatever it will be -- these trillions being spent will bring us another step closer to Venezuela, Part II.

Thanks, guys!   *****rollingeyes*****

@Applewood

HEY! It's just money! They can print more,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

HEY! It's just money! They can print more,right?

@sneakypete

Greece tried it and it worked out soooooo well for them.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@sneakypete

Greece tried it and it worked out soooooo well for them.   *****rollingeyes*****

More recently, Zimbabwe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

More recently, Zimbabwe.

...and my guess is that there will be another right before the election. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate GOP proposing second round of $1,200 stimulus checks

Senate Republicans are proposing a second round of stimulus checks as part of a coronavirus relief proposal they are unveiling on Monday.

The GOP package would provide a $1,200 check to individuals who make up to $75,000 per year or a $2,400 check for married couples who make up to $150,000, according to details from Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

Those amounts would then be scaled down until an income threshold of $99,000 for an individual or $198,000 for married couples is reached.

“This unprecedented expansion of federal assistance will help millions of workers, families, patients, businesses and governments survive this historic public health and economic crisis,” Grassley said in a statement.

The language largely mirrors the coronavirus bill passed in March. Like the CARES Act, it also proposes an additional $500 per dependent.

Unlike the March bill, however, dependents of any age would qualify for an additional $500 check.

Under the previous legislation, adult dependent children, such as college students, did not qualify for the additional money.

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronavirus-report/509273-senate-gop-proposing-second-round-of-1200-stimulus-checks

@Smokin Joe .I noticed you were asking about over 17 dependent children
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Heard recently on talk radio here in Washington, D.C...I forget who suggested it but it was a major host/guest.

Simply CANCEL our debt with China.  They have caused all this turmoil

They are the ones who reverse engineer our tech or outright steal it.

If it wasn't for President Clinton sharing our missile technology, there would have been no "Fifty-year Leap Forward" for the Chinese Communist Party.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

More recently, Zimbabwe.

And it's working well for Zimbabwe too. 

In 2019, the new Finance Minister, Mthuli Ncube, presided over the conversion from foreign currency to a new Zimbabwean currency, and the resultant return of hyper-inflation.[74][75][76] It was estimated that inflation reached 500% during 2019.[75][77] According to Trading Economics "The annual inflation rate in Zimbabwe was 540.2 percent in February of 2020."[78] The annual inflation rate had risen to 676% in March 2020 with a bleak economic outlook due to the effects of a drought in 2019 and the COVID-19 pandemic.[79]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Zimbabwe

Yet, our leaders see what has happened to other countries who just print money and they think the US is immune.  Or they think hyperinflation and eventual collapse won't happen till long after they are dead.

I have news for them.  If this keeps up, economic collapse will come sooner rather than later.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Heard recently on talk radio here in Washington, D.C...I forget who suggested it but it was a major host/guest.

If it wasn't for President Clinton sharing our missile technology, there would have been no "Fifty-year Leap Forward" for the Chinese Communist Party.

Sharing my @$$!  Try selling for campaign cash!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

There is the legal precedent about "Odious Debts." 
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

Why is the cap at $75K. Wouldn't it be smarter to say $50K if and only if you lost your job.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Senate GOP proposing second round of $1,200 stimulus checks

“This unprecedented expansion of federal assistance will help millions of workers, families, patients, businesses and governments survive this historic public health and economic crisis,” Grassley said in a statement.

@mystery-ak

“This unprecedented expansion of federal assistance will help tank the US economy for decades to come.”

There,fixed it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And it's working well for Zimbabwe too. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Zimbabwe

Yet, our leaders see what has happened to other countries who just print money and they think the US is immune.  Or they think hyperinflation and eventual collapse won't happen till long after they are dead.

@Applewood

Or maybe they think it will kill America as an independent nation,and help establish the One World Government the international banking fascists have dreamed about for 100 or more years?

Am I the only one wondering if it will be Hitler or Stalin that becomes the new Patron Saint of International Banking?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:21:04 pm by sneakypete »

Online libertybele

Why is the cap at $75K. Wouldn't it be smarter to say $50K if and only if you lost your job.

It would be smarter to give a $1,200 incentive for going back to work -- $600 when you secure employment and another $600.00 after you finish one year of employment.  Just my opinion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It would be smarter to give a $1,200 incentive for going back to work -- $600 when you secure employment and another $600.00 after you finish one year of employment.  Just my opinion.

@libertybele

Whatchootalkin-bout,Willis?

That doan buy no votes!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

@mystery-ak

“This unprecedented expansion of federal assistance will help tank the US economy for decades to come.”

There,fixed it.
As long as it's politically useful to the denizens of the beltway today impoverishing Americans for the next hundred years is a small price to pay.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
KEY FACTS

A second round of $1,200 stimulus checks, with additional support for adult dependents, who were left out of the first batch of payments.

An elimination of the $600-per-week federal unemployment supplement, to be replaced with a 70% wage replacement program.

A liability shield to protect businesses, schools and healthcare providers from what Republicans have described as “unwarranted” lawsuits related to the coronavirus.

An expansion of the Paycheck Protection Program, including a streamlined forgiveness process and a provision that would allow certain smaller businesses to take out second PPP loans.

Additional funding for schools, with some of those funds reserved for schools that physically reopen.

Several new tax incentives, including a 100% deduction for business meals.
Notable exception

So far, it’s not clear that the bill will include any additional aid for state and local governments—a major sticking point for Democrats. It’s been speculated that the bill would allow states more flexibility to use the $150 billion that they were allocated by the CARES Act.
Chief critic

Sen. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) called the proposal  “unworkable” and “half-hearted and half-baked” in a speech on the Senate floor following McConnell’s announcement. The Republicans, according to Schumer, should abandon HEALS in favor of the $3 trillion bill passed by House Democrats in May, called the HEROES Act.
What we don’t know

When the full HEALS Act will be released—and whether it will be released all at once, or in a series of separate bills from Republican Senators. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is set to meet with Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows Monday evening to discuss the Republican proposal; she’s been vehemently opposed to a “piecemeal” solution.  But it appears that Republicans could be fulfilling Mnuchin’s prediction from a Sunday TV interview, in which he said the GOP could kick some issues down the road for future rescue packages.
Key background

McConnell’s introduction of the HEALS Act sets up a showdown between Republicans and Democrats to pass a fifth legislative package to help Americans and the economy battered by the coronavirus pandemic. While lawmakers hammer out specifics for this fifth round of Covid legislation, Americans will be cut off from the $600 weekly unemployment payments guaranteed by the CARES Act that expired over the weekend. Millions of renters are also at risk of losing their homes as eviction moratoriums expire. Homeowners unable to make payments on federally backed mortgages are also at risk of foreclosure.
Further reading

Pressure Ramps Up For Republicans To Reveal Next Stimulus Package (Forbes)

Smaller GOP Stimulus Deal Possible, With More Packages To Come, Mulvaney Says (Forbes)

Another Round Of $1,200 Stimulus Checks Coming, Trump Officials Say (Forbes)

Pelosi Criticizes Stimulus Proposal Giving Workers 70% Of Their Wages (Forbes)

Trump Officials Say Unemployment Payments Are Priority For Stimulus Package (Forbes)

Unemployment Payments Could Be Delayed Up To 20 Weeks Under GOP Proposal (Forbes)

more
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/07/27/heres-what-we-know-about-the-republican-stimulus-package-so-far/#3be74643b76e

Support the USO

Offline Applewood

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said the package represents a "realistic" proposal for what would be "appropriate" to add to the country's debt.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/509282-gop-rolls-out-1-trillion-coronavirus-relief-package

Sweetheart, there is nothing "realistic" or "appropriate" about giving away a trillion dollars of "free money" we don't have. 

Offline EdinVA

$3 Trillion from the house and $1 Trillion from the senate..

So pelosi and schumer have set the stage for a fight..... What is mitch gonna do..