Author Topic: Trump on Ghislaine Maxwell: ‘I wish her well’  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump on Ghislaine Maxwell: ‘I wish her well’
« on: July 22, 2020, 12:06:25 am »
POLITICO
By Matthew Choi  56 mins ago

Ghislaine Maxwell has been accused of child sex trafficking in connection to her late friend Jeffrey Epstein, the financier and convicted sex offender. Her charges include recruiting and grooming girls as young as 14 into a circle of sexual abuse with possible connections to powerful men around the world.

President Donald Trump wishes her well.

Speaking during a White House news briefing on the coronavirus, Trump on Tuesday managed to keep on topic for much of his appearance — a contrast to his earlier news briefings that have often devolved into quasi-campaign rallies. But he left the topic of the pandemic once to answer a question about Maxwell’s case.

“I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach. But I wish her well, whatever it is,” Trump said of her case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-on-ghislaine-maxwell-i-wish-her-well/ar-BB171Edo?ocid=msedgntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Re: Trump on Ghislaine Maxwell: ‘I wish her well’
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 12:40:06 am »
POLITICO

Ghislaine Maxwell has been accused of child sex trafficking in connection to her late friend Jeffrey Epstein, the financier and convicted sex offender. Her charges include recruiting and grooming girls as young as 14 into a circle of sexual abuse with possible connections to powerful men around the world.

Speaking during a White House news briefing on the coronavirus, Trump on Tuesday managed to keep on topic for much of his appearance — a contrast to his earlier news briefings that have often devolved into quasi-campaign rallies. But he left the topic of the pandemic once to answer a question about Maxwell’s case.

“I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach. But I wish her well, whatever it is,” Trump said of her case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-on-ghislaine-maxwell-i-wish-her-well/ar-BB171Edo?ocid=msedgntp

??  Not quite sure what you expected him to say or think he should have said. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 12:56:07 am »
??  Not quite sure what you expected him to say or think he should have said.

Would you wish a pedophile well?  I can think of several ways.  The question was whether he thought she would turn powerful men in.  Maybe he could have said that he is confident that Justice will be done?  That AG Barr is working to assure that all information regarding this pedophile ring will be brought out.  No, you don't wish a pedophile well.

And BTW he has done more than meet her.  He has partied with Epstein and Maxwell.  They have been guests at Mara Lago.  Do you take pictures with people you don't know?

Did you read the article?  Did you know that the Judges son was murdered and her husband shot and in hospital?  Most assuredly because of that question.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:51:20 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 01:11:29 am »
Would you wish a pedophile well?  I can think of several ways.  The question was whether he thought she would turn powerful men in.  Maybe he could have said that he is confident that Justice will be done?  That AG Barr is working to assure that all information regarding this pedophile ring will be brought out.  No, you don't wish a pedophile well.

And BTW he has done more than meet her.  He has partied with Epstein and Maxwell.  They have been guests at Mara Lago.  Do you take pictures with people you don't know?

Granted it is an odd response, however, it was an odd question to bring up in a presser about COVID.  The first thing that did pop into my head is that he wished her well because her safety is questionable. 

Yes Epstein was at Mar a Lago and by some of the articles that I've read, that was about 20 years ago.  Epstein's activities doesn't necessarily mean Trump was party to those activities.  According to the article, Trump banned him from the property about 15 years ago.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/09/epstein-mar-a-lago-trump-1456221

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 01:32:00 am »
Granted it is an odd response, however, it was an odd question to bring up in a presser about COVID.  The first thing that did pop into my head is that he wished her well because her safety is questionable. 

I don't know if it is such an odd response... Innocent until proven guilty and all...

And even if convicted - Several of my buddies are doing hard time - Even if convicted as a pedophile, I would bear no real malice, wishing one well in their journey and a quick death. That don't mean I think that they shouldn't die for it, or even that I wouldn't pull that trigger.

It ain't about malice. It is about justice.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 01:38:20 am »
POLITICO

Well, it is really difficult to testify if you have a sudden case of suicide COVID-19 or something....

Besides, aren't we told to
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?
Matt 5:44-46
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 01:42:08 am »
Well, it is really difficult to testify if you have a sudden case of suicide COVID-19 or something....

Besides, aren't we told to  Matt 5:44-46

COVID or "something".  I think that's probably what many are thinking of. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 01:49:45 am »

Besides, aren't we told to  Matt 5:44-46

Really?  Do you think Trump said that because he thinks Maxwell is his enemy?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 01:57:45 am »
Really?  Do you think Trump said that because he thinks Maxwell is his enemy?
Nice try, but homie don' play dat.

No, actually, I don't think she is his enemy, but instead harbors information that could be important to tearing apart a global network of child molesters and human traffickers who are very highly placed in world affairs.
Those people have no regard for human life or else they would not be in a position to be compromised, and less regard for the continued existence of someone they perceive as a threat.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 01:58:32 am »
COVID or "something".  I think that's probably what many are thinking of.
I’m pretty sure that’s what Trump meant by his dry comment.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 02:01:56 am »

No, actually, I don't think she is his enemy, but instead harbors information that could be important to tearing apart a global network of child molesters and human traffickers who are very highly placed in world affairs.
Those people have no regard for human life or else they would not be in a position to be compromised, and less regard for the continued existence of someone they perceive as a threat.

My fear (as someone mentioned in here) is that she will be paid to fabricate testimony against Trump since it has been noted that they ran in the same "circle" long ago.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 02:15:37 am »

That's right, and why it is odd that Trump would wish her well.  I was thinking about Q and that deep state pedophile ring that was going to be brought down.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 02:17:07 am »
My fear (as someone mentioned in here) is that she will be paid to fabricate testimony against Trump since it has been noted that they ran in the same "circle" long ago.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 02:18:59 am »

more  *****rollingeyes*****

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2020, 02:20:43 am »
*****rollingeyes*****

No, the leftists would never do anything like that.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 02:20:44 am »
That remains a possibility. But to do so without damning testimony against far more conspicuous and frequent flyers on the "Lolita Express" would be virtually impossible if credibility is to be maintained.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 02:50:42 am »
Biden needs your vote.

Biden doesn't get my vote.  Neither does Trump.  I don't operate on fear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 04:05:21 am »

Please watch this video of Donald. I don't know if this was running in the same circle.  It was enjoying the same I would say.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=was+melania+an+epstein+girl&&view=detail&mid=5036B05E8EB7C2290B235036B05E8EB7C2290B23&&FORM=VDRVRV

Offline dancer

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 04:14:15 am »

Did you read the article?  Did you know that the Judges son was murdered and her husband shot and in hospital?  Most assuredly because of that question.

You do realize that PDJT threw Epstein out of Mara Lago, right? This was years ago.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 04:33:52 am »
You do realize that PDJT threw Epstein out of Mara Lago, right? This was years ago.

And.....so?  He had a falling out with him?  In the 1990's they were friends. 

"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy," Trump told New York Magazine that year for a story headlined "Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery." "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it - Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

-Trump

That says to me he knew about the pedophilia and he thought it was terrific.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 04:39:23 am »

Please watch this video of Donald. I don't know if this was running in the same circle.  It was enjoying the same I would say.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=was+melania+an+epstein+girl&&view=detail&mid=5036B05E8EB7C2290B235036B05E8EB7C2290B23&&FORM=VDRVRV
Bollywood weighs in with voice (well, music)-overed video from 1992?
Really? Seems like Trump was talking to the guy on his right more than Epstein, whom he sorta snubbed.

I can guarantee you you don't have to like or agree with someone to end up at the same event or in the same picture.

And Trump 86'd him from the place.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 05:27:23 am »
Bollywood weighs in with voice (well, music)-overed video from 1992?
Really? Seems like Trump was talking to the guy on his right more than Epstein, whom he sorta snubbed.

I can guarantee you you don't have to like or agree with someone to end up at the same event or in the same picture.

And Trump 86'd him from the place.

Shaking my head.  That is not what I saw.  People should watch it for themselves,  unless they just would prefer head in the sand.  They were friends.  They were good friends until they wanted the same property it seems.

Jeffrey Epstein’s Brother: Trump and Epstein Were ‘Good Friends’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epsteins-brother-trump-and-epstein-were-good-friends

What the Unsealed Jeffrey Epstein Documents Reveal About Donald Trump
By Margaret Hartmann@MargHartmann

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/what-the-unsealed-epstein-documents-reveal-about-trump.html

There's not a shred of inculpatory evidence that Donald Trump — or Bill Clinton, for that matter — knew of or participated in the sex crimes of Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell. That doesn't change the fact that the president was buddies with both of them. Trump also had a Labor Secretary who brokered the sweetheart deal, getting both of them off scot-free, and oversees the Justice Department responsible for prosecuting the case against Maxwell and her notoriously evasive associates.

Given this, today's appalling aside at Trump's press briefing instilled absolutely no confidence in his ability and willingness to lay down the law against the accused pedophiles and sex traffickers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-badly-wiffs-question-on-jeffrey-epstein-associate-ghislaine-maxwell
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:41:04 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 11:34:22 am »
I took it as the sort of ironic and insincere "bless her heart" Southern women might say of a woman in Maxwell's self-inflicted situation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org