Author Topic: Trump: Healthcare Plan, Immigration Plan, "various other plans" coming soon  (Read 494 times)

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-19/trump-says-he-ll-sign-health-immigration-plans-in-coming-weeks

Donald Trump said he plans to approve a health-care plan, an immigration plan and “various other plans” in coming weeks as polls show the president trailing Democrat Joe Biden.

“Nobody will have done what I’m doing in the next four weeks,” Trump said in a recorded interview that aired on “Fox News Sunday.”

Trump provided no details of what would be included in his health plan, after his administration has sought to quash President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act...

:yowsa:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Applewood

Uh...yeah...ok...   *****rollingeyes*****

I keep asking the questions but no one can give me a valid response:  Where were Trump and the Republicans back when the party had majorities in both houses of congress plus the presidency?  Why weren't Obamacare, illegal immigration and the rest of the promises they all made dealt with then?

Kinda too late to get anything passed in congress, especially since the Dems own the house.  And good luck trying to do anything via executive order since most of the ones he has done were tossed out by the courts. 

Online DB

I keep asking the questions but no one can give me a valid response:  Where were Trump and the Republicans back when the party had majorities in both houses of congress plus the presidency?  Why weren't Obamacare, illegal immigration and the rest of the promises they all made dealt with then?

Kinda too late to get anything passed in congress, especially since the Dems own the house.  And good luck trying to do anything via executive order since most of the ones he has done were tossed out by the courts.

Duh... It's election time...

They get "plans" every election...

Offline libertybele

I hear you loud and clear.  Nothing was so nauseating as listening to Ryan after Trump was sworn in stating that now that "they" had the majority things would be different.  What an idiot.  They GOP had a full majority in both Houses including the WH.  They didn't get squat done; they must of had a really intense game of tiddliywinks going on and didn't notice what was going on around them.

Absolutely a case of too little and too late.  The DEMS are still in control.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I hear you loud and clear.  Nothing was so nauseating as listening to Ryan after Trump was sworn in stating that now that "they" had the majority things would be different.  What an idiot.  They GOP had a full majority in both Houses including the WH.  They didn't get squat done; they must of had a really intense game of tiddliywinks going on and didn't notice what was going on around them.

Absolutely a case of too little and too late.  The DEMS are still in control.

All of them -- not just Ryan -- sat on their fannies and did nothing.  Oh yeah, there was that so-called tax reform which might have benefitted some, but sure didn't benefit me or anyone I know.  And I believe there were a couple of half-hearted, half-witted attempts to get rid of Obamacare -- all for show, but they were going nowhere.  Basically, they just forgot about their promises and the voters who elected them based on those promises.    They didn't wake up till they lost the house.

Now there is an election coming up in November, the polls don't look good; so here come the promises -- again!  Well, sorry, guys, but I think after years of the same promises over and over with no results -- people have stopped  believing.  Republicans aren't going to get back the house and it's likely they will lose the senate too.  So someone tell me how they are going to fulfill their promises now without congressional majorities. 

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

All of them -- not just Ryan -- sat on their fannies and did nothing.  Oh yeah, there was that so-called tax reform which might have benefitted some, but sure didn't benefit me or anyone I know.  And I believe there were a couple of half-hearted, half-witted attempts to get rid of Obamacare -- all for show, but they were going nowhere.  Basically, they just forgot about their promises and the voters who elected them based on those promises.    They didn't wake up till they lost the house.

Now there is an election coming up in November, the polls don't look good; so here come the promises -- again!  Well, sorry, guys, but I think after years of the same promises over and over with no results -- people have stopped  believing.  Republicans aren't going to get back the house and it's likely they will lose the senate too.  So someone tell me how they are going to fulfill their promises now without congressional majorities.

They won't and there's also the chance that Trump won't be re-elected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline FeelNoPain

[/b]

It will be tough. However, they will be the righteous opposition and they will issue sternly worded statements taking severe umbrage. These statements will be so scathing that they are sure to leave a mark. 
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Exactly the only way would be EO, not lasting.  Easily challenged in court.  Anybody that doesn't get that he is suddenly wanting to do something because elections are nearing are fooling themselves.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline FeelNoPain

Exactly the only way would be EO, not lasting.  Easily challenged in court.  Anybody that doesn't get that he is suddenly wanting to do something because elections are nearing are fooling themselves.

Now that you mention it, I do remember him promising a 10% middle class tax cut right before the midterm election of 2018
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/22/trump-repeats-dubious-pledge-to-introduce-middle-class-tax-cut-before-midterms.html

Offline dancer

Uh, see Deep State Ryan.  Deep State is both sides of the aisle.