Author Topic: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff
Tal Axelrod  3 hrs ago

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions hit back at President Trump on Saturday after the president endorsed his rival in the Alabama Senate runoff just days before the contest.

Sessions's rebuke came after Trump called for Alabamians to vote for Tommy Tuberville, calling the former coach a "winner" and Sessions a "disaster who has let us all down."

"I've taken the road less travelled. Not sought fame or fortune. My honor and integrity are far more important than these juvenile insults. Your scandal ridden candidate is too cowardly to debate. As you know, Alabama does not take orders from Washington," Sessions fired back.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sessions-hits-back-at-trump-days-ahead-of-alabama-senate-runoff/ar-BB16CiJy?ocid=msedgntp

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Re: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 07:25:49 pm »
Sessions is a weasel and deserves to lose. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »

Well I guess you deserve the candidates Trump is throwing out.  Tuberville has no experience and his campaign is based on terrorists coming across the border and Sessions is bad.  Furthermore one of Trumps minions won.  Jeff Vandrew.  He is endorsed by Planned Parenhood and Sierra club.  People talk about Romney and McCain, but will support these losers?  You would think we would be trying to replace RINO's with Conservatives, but no.  That isn't the agenda.  It really is only about building a fan club for Trump that will defend and protect only Trump.  Not the citizens of the Unite States. 

Go team!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 09:02:08 pm »
If I lived in Alabam and could vote there I would be voting for Sessions without the slightest reservation.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 09:04:01 pm »
If I lived in Alabam and could vote there I would be voting for Sessions without the slightest reservation.

Same here.  Trump is supporting a less conservative candidate at that. 

DJT's anger and revenge behavior is not becoming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 09:06:39 pm »

So you prefer the less conservative candidate because Trump says so?   Got cha....

Hate to break it to you, but Sessions isn't running for an office in the Executive Branch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 09:06:44 pm »

You are right @catfish1957 it isn't!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 09:10:27 pm »
You are right @catfish1957 it isn't!

Sessions has consistently been one of the highest ACA rated conservatives throughout his career. 

I really hoped Briefers wouldn't take the Trump bait and feed his revenge games.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 09:11:07 pm »

Agree. Unless Trump knows something he is not at liberty to reveal about Sessions he should stay out of the race.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 09:18:59 pm »
Sessions has consistently been one of the highest ACA rated conservatives throughout his career. 

I really hoped Briefers wouldn't take the Trump bait and feed his revenge games.

Yes.

Conservative Organizations
American Family Association (AFA), 2013:  100% Information icon
Campaign for Working Families PAC, 2015-16:  100% Information icon
Concerned Women for America (CWA), 2013-14:  100% Information icon
FRC Action, 2015:  100% Information icon
National Right to Life, 2015-16:  100% Information icon
American Conservative Union (ACU), 2016:  87%, 94% (cum.)† Information icon
Eagle Forum, 2015-16:  92% Information icon
Christian Coalition of America (CCA), 2014:  89% Information icon
Center for Security Policy, 2015-16:  87% Information icon
Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW), 2016:  81%, 87% (cum.)† Information icon
Club for Growth, 2016:  90%, 87% (cum.)† Information icon
FreedomWorks, 2016:  50%, 84% (cum.)† Information icon
Heritage Action, 2015-16:  80%, 81% (cum.)† Information icon
Conservative Review (CR), 2015:  80% Information icon
National Taxpayers Union, 2016:  B Information icon

https://ivoterguide.com/candidate?elecK=666&raceK=6914&primarypartyk=R&canK=2336

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 09:19:18 pm »
Well I guess you deserve the candidates Trump is throwing out.  Tuberville has no experience and his campaign is based on terrorists coming across the border and Sessions is bad.  Furthermore one of Trumps minions won.  Jeff Vandrew.  He is endorsed by Planned Parenhood and Sierra club.  People talk about Romney and McCain, but will support these losers?  You would think we would be trying to replace RINO's with Conservatives, but no.  That isn't the agenda.  It really is only about building a fan club for Trump that will defend and protect only Trump.  Not the citizens of the Unite States. 

Go team!

Well Put... 

I have already sent a note to Cruz, asking him to help his old friend. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 09:20:57 pm »

He needs to shut up.  He is done.  RETIRE. 

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 09:23:41 pm »

YOU have it backwards.  It is all these jilted, fired people, WHO have the revenge issue. NOT POTUS.
  HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?  MAYBE SESSIONS HAS LOST HIS MARBLES LIKE BIDEN AND IT IS TIME TO JUST SHUT UP. 

Sessions BEGGED for the JOB of DOJ in TRUMPS administration.  Then RECUSED HIMSELF FROM THE JOB FOR 3 YEARS!

SESSIONS...would not do his job. Finally he was released.  WHO HAS REVENGE ISSUE?  NOT POTUS.  Sessions is a mess.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 09:27:05 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 09:23:42 pm »
Well Put... 

Good, thank you.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 09:26:47 pm »

YOU have it backwards.  It is all these jilted, fired people, WHO have the revenge issue. NOT POTUS.
  HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?  MAYBE SESSIONS HAS LOST HIS MARBLES LIKE BIDEN AND IT IS TIME TO JUST SHUT UP.

Bullshit...  You wouldn't know a conservative positon, candidate, or legislator  if it bit you on the ass.

How many has Trump fired?  40?...  50?...  And EVERYONE of them has revenge issues instead of him?  You can't be that big a fool....   

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 09:31:51 pm »
Agree. Unless Trump knows something he is not at liberty to reveal about Sessions he should stay out of the race.

What Trump "knows" is that, instead of staying in and burying the Russia investigation, Sessions recused himself,  paving the way for the Mueller investigation which would not be a burial.   Trump's endorsement of Tuberville is revenge for Jeff Sessions' "disloyalty."  I doubt Trump cares what kind of candidate Tuberville is -- just so he is a loyal minion. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 09:33:10 pm »
Bullshit...  You wouldn't know a conservative positon, candidate, or legislator  if it bit you on the ass.

How many has Trump fired?  40?...  50?...  And EVERYONE of them has revenge issues instead of him?  You can't be that big a fool....

Tsk.  Triggered?  Such nasty language.  Means I posted truth.  OBAMA FIRED ABOUT 87...I think, I read.  What is your real issue with POTUS?  Most of you have TRUMP ENVY.  That is how it was before he became POTUS. Most men have envy and  want to put him down.  All kind of video's from years ago.  NOT supporting SESSIONS, because he did a bad job, is NOT REVENGE.  It is good common sense.  Why would anyone support a man who RECUSED himself from the job he begged for, for 3 YEARS?  Yes, they all have revenge issues.  YOU ARE FIRED!   Disgruntled employee.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 09:33:43 pm »
Well Put... 

Since Ted is on the Trump Train, I don't see him as getting involved and thus incur Trump's wrath for being disloyal.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 09:35:05 pm »
What Trump "knows" is that, instead of staying in and burying the Russia investigation, Sessions recused himself,  paving the way for the Mueller investigation which would not be a burial.   Trump's endorsement of Tuberville is revenge for Jeff Sessions' "disloyalty."  I doubt Trump cares what kind of candidate Tuberville is -- just so he is a loyal minion.
There is a whole lot about Crossfire Hurricane and the resulting Mueller 'investigation' you nor I know nothing about.
Maybe Trump is being petulant, maybe there is more to his apparent spite than meets your eye.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 09:39:17 pm »
There is a whole lot about Crossfire Hurricane and the resulting Mueller 'investigation' you nor I know nothing about.
Maybe Trump is being petulant, maybe there is more to his apparent spite than meets your eye.

That is very true as well @skeeter but I would still vote for Sessions based on only what I know today.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2020, 09:42:17 pm »
Tsk.  Triggered?  Such nasty language.  Means I posted truth.  OBAMA FIRED ABOUT 87...I think, I read.  What is your real issue with POTUS?  Most of you have TRUMP ENVY.  That is how it was before he became POTUS. Most men have envy and  want to put him down.  All kind of video's from years ago.  NOT supporting SESSIONS, because he did a bad job, is NOT REVENGE.  It is good common sense.  Why would anyone support a man who RECUSED himself from the job he begged for, for 3 YEARS?  Yes, they all have revenge issues.  YOU ARE FIRED!   Disgruntled employee.

(1) Yeah I am triggered when bozos like you trash good conservatives like Sessions.
(2) Obama had 2 terms, and most went on to other jobs, and left on good terms.  You don't know the hell you are talking about.  Trump has a heavy handed managment style that often resorted to belittling subordinates.  In my corporation, his ass wouldn't have lasted a month.
(3) Put him down?  Hell yeah...  when he does stupid shit I will.  You also fail to realize that i am voting for the AH too, so don't drop that Trump Envy stupidty on me.
(4) Sessions begged for the job?  OMG!!!!  Are you for real? 
(5) Another hint.  AG's and other legal executive branch members recuse themselves when COI is a potential issue.  But don't worry, I won't bother your brain with explaining something that complicated.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2020, 09:42:54 pm »

All these articles are hit pieces.  Always negative about POTUS..to put him in the worst light. Why do people fall for that? Over and over again for 4 years!   

When an employee does not,  DO HIS JOB....would you support them later?   Nothing to do about being petulant.  NOR about any spite.  JUST GOOD COMMON SENSE.  Sessions proved he is not competent.

POTUS HAS ENDORSED VARIOUS PEOPLE FOR YEARS.  Why would someone  'endorse'  SESSIONS,  after his lack of performance?  Sessions needs to retire. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 09:43:14 pm »
That is very true as well @skeeter but I would still vote for Sessions based on only what I know today.
As might I.

But I recall that everyone thought Trump was cooked at the outset of the Mueller thing, and I try to put myself in Trump's place knowing Sessions as AG was more interested in protecting his own hide at my expense.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 09:44:34 pm »
Since Ted is on the Trump Train, I don't see him as getting involved and thus incur Trump's wrath for being disloyal.

Kind of a never ending cycle isn't it?  Geeeez, we have a mess in the WH.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2020, 09:44:53 pm »

I would too, but not being in AL, I defer to @Sighlass on this because I trust him.  If he likes Jeff, then Jeff is OK by me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: