Author Topic: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election  (Read 10635 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2020, 11:23:26 pm »
How am I screaming to open up the government? That ain't me. Though if it is truly shut off, we should be saving money, not spending like a drunken sailor.

I am screaming to open the NATION. Business. Travel. Industry. Get the heck out of the dang way.

I don't want "government" opened either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2020, 11:28:02 pm »
I'm searching the Constitution for the "table it" option.  Nope.  Either Veto, Sign, or allow to become law without a signature. 

No Tabling option there.  Sorry.  Congress would have overridden.

Look up the pocket veto. If he does not sign, and Congress is adjourned, the bill is effectively tabled.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2020, 11:30:04 pm »
:thumbsup:

I'm tired of Trump being absolved of all blame for the feds spending us into bankruptcy.  He shares the blame with the rest of them -- Republican and Democrat.

No one is absolving him. He’s no more innocent than he is guilty for the whole mess.  Trump is responsible insofar as he became president, as would anyone else assuming his position. He sought the position so he gets the Executives portion of the blame.

Although I recall him leading the longest budget shutdown in the nations history a year or two ago, you can credit him for that, or not.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:31:23 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2020, 11:34:18 pm »
Look up the pocket veto. If he does not sign, and Congress is adjourned, the bill is effectively tabled.

As if Congress was "Adjourned."  It was not.  It was Sign, or Don't Sign and be overridden by 90-10 in the Senate.

Obviously Trump's fault.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2020, 11:35:37 pm »
So you want it shut down.... for how long?
It has been shut down for over 2 months now and you are leading the screaming for it to open again... cannot have it both ways

Nothing has been shut down as far as government goes. They all got pay checks. Every one of them uninterrupted even though they didn't show up for work.

As far as not trying, you are all ready defeated. You excuse not doing something because you say it can't be done - and therefore it will never be done. And if it will never be done then train wreck is coming - period. What difference does it make if he's at the helm or not if he can't do jack about the most destructive thing government is doing to everyone's future? And the truth is Trump cares little about massive deficit spending. He never has. He's been the leverage king all his adult life. He only cares about who gets and doesn't get the money. Just a different flavor of big government who knows best while obliterating our financial future.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2020, 11:39:19 pm »
As if Congress was "Adjourned."  It was not.  It was Sign, or Don't Sign and be overridden by 90-10 in the Senate.

Obviously Trump's fault.

Then veto and let them override.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2020, 11:46:06 pm »
No one is absolving him. He’s no more innocent than he is guilty for the whole mess.  Trump is responsible insofar as he became president, as would anyone else assuming his position. He sought the position so he gets the Executives portion of the blame.

And the buck stops here.

Although I recall him leading the longest budget shutdown in the nations history a year or two ago, you can credit him for that, or not.

I would laud that action, honestly I would... but he blinked.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2020, 11:48:36 pm »

Other than making you happy, what would that accomplish?
What would it cost politically?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2020, 11:49:02 pm »

Sure, if you want to elect the rotten politician of the Democrats' choice in November. 
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2020, 11:52:45 pm »
Other than making you happy, what would that accomplish?
What would it cost politically?

He could honestly claim he actually couldn't help it, and he could claim fiscal prudence.
That's what he gets with a veto.

If he signs, he endorses. Either that means he is FOR it, or it means he is rubber-stamping and avoiding his JOB... while claiming to be the most conservative EVAH. To Tumpster applause.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2020, 11:56:35 pm »
Sure, if you want to elect the rotten politician of the Democrats' choice in November.

Then what the hell's the difference?
AT LEAST have the courage of your convictions, rather than doing like a Democrat to avoid  election of Democrats. But that would require those actual convictions in the first place.

There it is. Goes to the definition of 'winning'.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2020, 12:01:39 am »
He could honestly claim he actually couldn't help it, and he could claim fiscal prudence.
That's what he gets with a veto.

If he signs, he endorses. Either that means he is FOR it, or it means he is rubber-stamping and avoiding his JOB... while claiming to be the most conservative EVAH. To Tumpster applause.  *****rollingeyes*****

So, if I understand, your saying he should always vote even if he will lose... got it..  :seeya:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2020, 12:07:52 am »
So, if I understand, your saying he should always vote even if he will lose... got it..  :seeya:

You meant 'veto' I assume, and YES. Not to say every time. but certainly there will be no budget if everybody knows the rubber stamp will happen.

ALL the power of the President's pen is made naught.

Losing is bending to their will and endorsing what is obviously wrong..
If Republicans will not stand for Conservatism, who will?

Good Lord but we need grownups back in charge.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2020, 12:12:24 am »
You meant 'veto' I assume, and YES. Not to say every time. but certainly there will be no budget if everybody knows the rubber stamp will happen.

ALL the power of the President's pen is made naught.

Losing is bending to their will and endorsing what is obviously wrong..
If Republicans will not stand for Conservatism, who will?

Good Lord but we need grownups back in charge.
Geeez @roamer_1 .. I was trying to bust your chops for refusing to vote...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2020, 12:24:18 am »
Geeez @roamer_1 .. I was trying to bust your chops for refusing to vote...

@EdinVA
Who is refusing to vote?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2020, 12:26:47 am »
And the buck stops here.

I would laud that action, honestly I would... but he blinked.

I am fantasizing him going on a kamikaze mission to cut spending in his second term, should he get one. Although it will mean a battle royale with his own party in addition to the rats, and probably mean losing both houses of Congress and the WH in the next term. So I’m not really sure what would be accomplished in the end.

But blaming the president or a Congress really oversimplifies the issue. No one person or group can fix the problem. It’s our fault. Americans love the spending.  It will take a paradigm shift in the thinking of the entire population for it to change.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2020, 12:37:15 am »
I am fantasizing him going on a kamikaze mission to cut spending in his second term, should he get one. Although it will mean a battle royale with his own party in addition to the rats, and probably mean losing both houses of Congress and the WH in the next term. So I’m not really sure what would be accomplished in the end.

That friend, is a fevered dream suitable for a romance novel. As @DB  stated upthread... He's a big spender and always has been. He has spent himself into a hole many times. That's the thing I don't get in all y'all... Expecting an international globalist and proponent of Big.gov with a convenient Road to Damascus conversion to lead the Conservative charge... Y'all just eat that sh*t up.

But blaming the president or a Congress really oversimplifies the issue. No one person or group can fix the problem. It’s our fault. Americans love the spending.  It will take a paradigm shift in the thinking of the entire population for it to change.

Right... SO throw the principles of fiscal conservatism under the bus... Under the plow... never to rise again... No sense in trying right?

The problem with that is the same as with gravity. Mess with it, you die. Sooner, rather than later, the celestial bean counter will come calling. and the books WILL be balanced.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2020, 01:53:44 am »
That friend, is a fevered dream suitable for a romance novel. As @DB  stated upthread... He's a big spender and always has been. He has spent himself into a hole many times. That's the thing I don't get in all y'all... Expecting an international globalist and proponent of Big.gov with a convenient Road to Damascus conversion to lead the Conservative charge... Y'all just eat that sh*t up.

Right... SO throw the principles of fiscal conservatism under the bus... Under the plow... never to rise again... No sense in trying right?

The problem with that is the same as with gravity. Mess with it, you die. Sooner, rather than later, the celestial bean counter will come calling. and the books WILL be balanced.
Is that what you’re doing -“trying”? Not impressed.

We may have the same idea of how this will all end, and we’ll certainly never agree what should be done, or more specifically, how to deal with what clearly is reality.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:02:21 am by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2020, 02:34:44 am »
 8888mistltoe
HA! I've heard that song before.  :beer:
I’m happy we have something in common. 888high58888

Offline dancer

« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2020, 03:03:44 am »
Sorry if I'm not for style over substance.
:amen:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2020, 03:06:30 am »
-----------------------------
The fundamental objective of the Gallipoli Campaign was to force the Ottomans to
divert troops from the Crimea, then threatening Russia; the secondary objective being
to force the Ottoman Empire out of the War.
Gallipoli commenced in Feb 1915 and Czarist Russian signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk
in Feb 1918, which kept Russia fighting Germany till then.
That required Von Hindenburg and a million German soldiers to defend Berlin which is
but 40 miles from the Russian border, as Poland did not then exist; for 3 years longer.
This prevented them from overwhelming the French on the western front.
By that measure Gallipoli was an obvious success notwithstanding the needless casualties.
The campaign failed tactically because of British Commander Sir Ian Hamilton's ineptitude,
and not of Winston Churchill, which Sir John Keegan noted in his epic "First World War".
Never leaving his ship stateroom, Hamilton did not survey the landing sites which was disastrous.
As a result, the ANZAC forces came ashore on lateral beaches of some 250 meters in length which then rose sharply at an angle of some 30 to 45 degrees representing mountainsides filled w/Turkish machine gun nests and snipers. The consequence were casualties of 200 thousand w/45,000 dead.
Also, Gallipoli had nothing to do w/the overthrow of the Czar.

As for Trump/Churchill, any similarity is ludicrous fantasy of those who get history from comic books.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/9-reasons-why-gallipoli-was-one-of-the-worst-fighting-fronts-of-the-first-world-war

The men WASTED at Gallipoli could have impacted the war in far better and much more effective ways...pretending this ugly defeat was some sort of victory is entirely unjustified. Trying to divert resources from other fronts...yes. Wasting that effort in an ugly defeat that drew deeply on the allies own resources...not a good idea.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2020, 04:56:02 am »
The other guy is a liberal too?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2020, 08:07:32 am »
Is that what you’re doing -“trying”? Not impressed.

We may have the same idea of how this will all end, and we’ll certainly never agree what should be done, or more specifically, how to deal with what clearly is reality.

The reality is what you've been doing and the the vast majority of the GOP has been doing isn't working.

And if you keep doing what your doing it will only end in economic collapse.

Until enough people have the courage to leave the plantation and not reward those who are destroying us nothing will change for the better in any real lasting sense.

Your only answer is the other side is worse. So you are stuck in fear trying to hold on to what little you have left accepting whatever morsels offered to avoid that worse alternative. Essentially owning you and your vote no matter what they do - because you say you have no other choice and will vote for them...  In the mean time it is all slipping away.

And as long as you and others accept that bargain, we all lose. As demonstrated year after year. Decade after decade. What cannot continue will not continue. Time is running out if it hasn't already.

That's the hard cold reality of the situation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2020, 01:03:27 pm »
The other guy is a liberal too?

@Chosen Daughter

Please post a video of yourself doing your little "Superiority Dance" if Trump looses and Biden,your preference,wins.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2020, 01:19:40 pm »
The reality is what you've been doing and the the vast majority of the GOP has been doing isn't working.

And if you keep doing what your doing it will only end in economic collapse.

Until enough people have the courage to leave the plantation and not reward those who are destroying us nothing will change for the better in any real lasting sense.

Your only answer is the other side is worse. So you are stuck in fear trying to hold on to what little you have left accepting whatever morsels offered to avoid that worse alternative. Essentially owning you and your vote no matter what they do - because you say you have no other choice and will vote for them...  In the mean time it is all slipping away.

And as long as you and others accept that bargain, we all lose. As demonstrated year after year. Decade after decade. What cannot continue will not continue. Time is running out if it hasn't already.

That's the hard cold reality of the situation.

I understand the argument. I even agree to a point. What you guys don't seem to understand is that most Americans do not agree with us. So the real choice is participate and try to influence things or drop out and watch. Fact.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:29:23 pm by skeeter »