Author Topic: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election  (Read 10498 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2020, 07:09:56 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Not going to rehash what I've already said about him.  The man is a failure as president.  Just too bad that you and other Trump supporters are so easily entertained by his incessant realty tv show presidency to realize what a failure he is.

That's right. :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2020, 07:11:09 pm »
Hogwash!

Just by winning in 2016, he proved a success.   If he had lost to Clinton...well, why waste any time with you?  You just don't get it.

That depends entirely upon your definition of 'winning'.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2020, 07:16:44 pm »
I think one of the problems we’re having here is that the Office Of Presidency over the years has been imbued with an almost mythical status, and people tend to put the presidency, if not the president himself, on a pedestal.

How can a position that is embraced with such reverence be occupied by anyone less than perfect? Well, no one human really can measure up to that. And as a supporter of President Trump, I can see where this could be problematic for some critics.

I wouldn't respect him if he was the CEO of any company I work for either.  Disgusting, and non professional.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2020, 07:18:43 pm »
And what did he do with that win?  He didn't keep his campaign promises.  He will not curb runaway spending; in fact, he's adding to it.  He has a wall started, which will be useless so long as our immigration system continues to let in illegals and so-called refugees.  And the federal response to COVID 19 consists of him conducting COVID 19 daily briefings like a campaign rally, arguing with reporters, governors and critics, promoting a yet to be proven remedy for COVID, lying and blaming others.  He's a failure and he knows it.  His supporters know it too, but they will continue to vote for him because doing so "saves us" from the Democrats.  What a crock! 

I get what a terrible failure he is.  It's a shame Trump has so many bamboozled into believing he is some sort of a god or savior.

Post of the day.  True^
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2020, 07:21:28 pm »
My father was terribly, verbally and physically abusive to mom and my brothers and me. I came to terms with it later on in his life. But, he was a hard man and in some ways, a good man, worked hard to provide for us. But it wasn’t until after he died, laid out on that hospital bed, that I forgave him everything.

@aligncare

I heard that... Likewise... The very hard way. But by the grace of YHWH, we were settled the day before he died. And he died unexpectedly. The very last words I said to my father, the final words left from a tumultuous relationship were 'I love ya dad.' We broke even that night. the balance sheet cleared off. The next morning I got the word.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2020, 07:22:25 pm »
Thankfully I went through that process awhile before mine passed.

Today my daughter in law tells me middle aged white males - meaning me - are 'insensitive'. The cycle continues.

HA! I've heard that song before.  :beer:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2020, 07:30:11 pm »
Sorry ... but to slam our President on Memorial Day as he visits Arlington is quite inappropriate.  Just sayin'   :patriot: :patriot:

Hmm, you should visit Trumps twitter page for a dose of your own medicine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2020, 07:33:01 pm »
I think one of the problems we’re having here is that the Office Of Presidency over the years has been imbued with an almost mythical status, and people tend to put the presidency, if not the president himself, on a pedestal.

How can a position that is embraced with such reverence be occupied by anyone less than perfect? Well, no one human really can measure up to that. And as a supporter of President Trump, I can see where this could be problematic for some critics.

I wouldn't respect him if he was the CEO of any company I work for either.  Disgusting, and non professional.

The charge of perfectionism is absurd. No one is expecting perfection. In fact, I will deny @aligncare 's reasoning entirely. I am the last person to be impressed by putting on airs. The very last to expect a political messiah. In fact, IMHO, that charge can be fully turned around and fired back at the Tumpsters... 'Style' is what I see out of him, more than substance... and that style, being unorthodox, seems to be all that draws them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2020, 08:11:02 pm »
The charge of perfectionism is absurd. No one is expecting perfection. In fact, I will deny @aligncare 's reasoning entirely. I am the last person to be impressed by putting on airs. The very last to expect a political messiah. In fact, IMHO, that charge can be fully turned around and fired back at the Tumpsters... 'Style' is what I see out of him, more than substance... and that style, being unorthodox, seems to be all that draws them.

Style unbecoming of Commander In Chief.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »
Style unbecoming of Commander In Chief.

Sorry if I'm not for style over substance.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2020, 08:19:03 pm »
Why are you always focused on activities between the sheets and the size of a man's wallet?   This raises interesting questions about what's not happening for *you*. 

@Right_in_Virginia @Absalom

RIV,in truth,I think it tells us more about them than it does about Trump.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2020, 08:22:38 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Not going to rehash what I've already said about him.  The man is a failure as president.  Just too bad that you and other Trump supporters are so easily entertained by his incessant realty tv show presidency to realize what a failure he is.

@Applewood

So,you are now getting your philosophical insigh/ts from Goober Gore,and declaring "Whut's sposta be up iz doawn,and whut's suposta be doawn,iz up!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2020, 08:25:00 pm »
Hogwash!

Just by winning in 2016, he proved a success.   If he had lost to Clinton...well, why waste any time with you?  You just don't get it.

@DCPatriot

I think they really DO "get it",and that's what has them so pissed off. They dreamed of a Christian Saint coming down from Heaven to save us all,and got stuck with a human.

HOW are they going to justify his successes to themselves? They aren't because they CAN'T without overturning their belief systems.

De Nial ain't just a river.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:26:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2020, 08:30:41 pm »
@DCPatriot

I think they really DO "get it",and that's what has them so pissed off. They dreamed of a Christian Saint coming down from Heaven to save us all,and got stuck with a human.

HOW are they going to justify his successes to themselves? They aren't because they CAN'T without overturning their belief systems.

De Nial ain't just a river.

Success? WHAT SUCCESS? What has he ever done that can possibly justify the lost trillions? The lost liberty?

FAILURE. Utter, abject failure, and that is being kind.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2020, 08:32:59 pm »
Success? WHAT SUCCESS? What has he ever done that can possibly justify the lost trillions? The lost liberty?

F

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2020, 08:52:40 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia @Absalom

RIV,in truth,I think it tells us more about them than it does about Trump.

I see your point @sneakypete  ... and it's a damn good one.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2020, 08:53:52 pm »
Sorry if I'm not for style over substance.

Please, don't apologize   :thumbsup:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2020, 08:57:28 pm »
Gallipoli was an abject failure in nearly every conceivable way. "Czarist" Russia surrendered, essentially, to the Germans in 1917 and collapsed under the weight of internal revolution thereafter...if anything, the failure at Gallipoli hastened that process.
-----------------------------
The fundamental objective of the Gallipoli Campaign was to force the Ottomans to
divert troops from the Crimea, then threatening Russia; the secondary objective being
to force the Ottoman Empire out of the War.
Gallipoli commenced in Feb 1915 and Czarist Russian signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk
in Feb 1918, which kept Russia fighting Germany till then.
That required Von Hindenburg and a million German soldiers to defend Berlin which is
but 40 miles from the Russian border, as Poland did not then exist; for 3 years longer.
This prevented them from overwhelming the French on the western front.
By that measure Gallipoli was an obvious success notwithstanding the needless casualties.
The campaign failed tactically because of British Commander Sir Ian Hamilton's ineptitude,
and not of Winston Churchill, which Sir John Keegan noted in his epic "First World War".
Never leaving his ship stateroom, Hamilton did not survey the landing sites which was disastrous.
As a result, the ANZAC forces came ashore on lateral beaches of some 250 meters in length which then rose sharply at an angle of some 30 to 45 degrees representing hillsides filled w/Turkish machine gun nests and snipers. The consequence were casualties of 200 thousand w/45,000 dead.
Also, Gallipoli had nothing to do w/the overthrow of the Czar.

As for Trump/Churchill, any similarity is ludicrous fantasy of those who get history from comic books.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:44:58 pm by Absalom »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2020, 09:02:56 pm »

@roamer_1

WHAT "lost trillions and lost liberty"? TRY being honest by telling us about a budget HE proposed that is filled with waste and spending for the destruction of America?

While you are at it,tell us all about the loss of liberty due to Trump's policy decrees.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2020, 09:04:06 pm »

F

@Chosen Daughter

Your feet stink and Jesus doesn't love you.

Just saying.......

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2020, 09:04:45 pm »
@roamer_1

WHAT "lost trillions and lost liberty"? TRY being honest by telling us about a budget HE proposed that is filled with waste and spending for the destruction of America?

@sneakypete
What friggin budget?

While you are at it,tell us all about the loss of liberty due to Trump's policy decrees.

REALLY? Almost three months shut down. REALLY?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2020, 09:07:09 pm »
@Applewood

So,you are now getting your philosophical insigh/ts from Goober Gore,and declaring "Whut's sposta be up iz doawn,and whut's suposta be doawn,iz up!"

@sneakypete

One of the things I admire about you -- you never fail to counter my reasonable, well thought out posts with bullshit.   :silly:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2020, 09:07:50 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

Your feet stink and Jesus doesn't love you.

Just saying.......

If your saying that because you have been speaking to Jesus I would be happy.  Are you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2020, 09:10:24 pm »
@sneakypete

What friggin budget?

@roamer_1

That's MY line. YOU are the one always whining about his excess spending.

And HOW is Trump responsible for that? Tell us a Fairy Tale,gramps!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2020, 09:11:18 pm »
@sneakypete
What friggin budget?

Trump administration budget proposal. The Trump administration proposed its 2018 budget on February 27, 2017, ahead of his address to Congress, outlining $54 billion in cuts to federal agencies and an increase in defense spending.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_federal_budget
It includes proposals to cut deficits by more than $3 trillion over a decade and lower debt levels as a percentage of the gross domestic product, but does not balance by doing away with annual deficits.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373413-trump-releases-2019-budget
The 2017 budget was prior to Trump taking office.