Author Topic: Some evangelicals fear the 'mark of the beast' from a coronavirus vaccine  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Some evangelicals fear the 'mark of the beast' from a coronavirus vaccine

Caitlin DicksonReporter
Yahoo NewsMay 14, 2020, 11:32 AM PDT

Peggy Popham gets her flu shot every year, despite her daughter Laura’s opposition to vaccines.

“I’m 70 and I’ve gotten sick before,” said Popham. “I don’t have a great immune system.”

Popham, who spoke to Yahoo News by phone while quarantining at home in Asheville, N.C., acknowledges that the same factors put her at risk for the coronavirus. “Of course,” she said, she’s worried about contracting COVID-19.

But she’s more worried about a possible vaccine for it.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/evangelicals-fear-the-mark-of-the-beast-from-a-coronavirus-vaccine-183249943.html

“Absolutely not,” she said. “I would not take the vaccine.”
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

Vaccinations have been around since the 18th Century, but a coronavirus vaccine would be "The Mark of the Beast"? Seriously? This fruitcakery isn't from the atheists' edition/version of The Onion?

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The headline might as well have read "Nutcases worrying about the strange voices in their heads."

Nothing news worthy about crazy people being crazy. It's what they do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The headline might as well have read "Nutcases worrying about the strange voices in their heads."

Nothing news worthy about crazy people being crazy. It's what they do.

So anything to worry about that circular scar on many of us oldtimer's left shoulder?   :silly:

Nothing like a crisis to bring out the "crazies"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So anything to worry about that circular scar on many of us oldtimer's left shoulder?   :silly:

@catfish1957

Doan ask me. Ah doan no,and nuttin I did iz my falts causen ah got vacinn-ated wid mind-rottin poison gainst mah will when ah was a kid!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Heh! When you go to donate blood you first have to do a longish questionnaire concerning various reasons you might not be allowed to. One of the questions used to be, "Have you been vaccinated for small pox or been around a person who has?" The question is related to some issue that was fairly recent, but the way it was worded, I always had to point out and discuss the fact that both I and my wife were vaccinated some time in the 1960s, pretty universal at the time. I think the question has been reworded.

As for any coronavirus vaccine, I do not believe people receiving it will have to salute and say, "Heil Fauci" or "Heil Bill Gates" or "Heil" whoever the OP article writer thinks is The Antichrist.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline musiclady

Yikes.  The term “Evangelical” has lost all meaning with this kind of craziness.

It used to be about sharing the love of Jesus Christ.  Now it seems to mean paranoia...... which is the exact opposite of the Gospel message.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yikes.  The term “Evangelical” has lost all meaning with this kind of craziness.

It used to be about sharing the love of Jesus Christ.  Now it seems to mean paranoia...... which is the exact opposite of the Gospel message.

Unless they are going to vaccinate you on your right hand or forehead...…………

Crazy is right!  But many Evangelicals believed Trump was the modern day Cyrus prophesied by Mark Taylor the retired fireman too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline The_Reader_David

Understand that the most fundamental commitment of the Left since they got that name from the seating arrangement in the French National Assembly has been hatred of the Gospel.  Having found two self-identified Evangelical Christians who embrace lunatic idea [X], the headline "Some Evangelicals Believe [X]" practically writes itself the moment a Leftist journalist (but I repeat myself) sits down at the keyboard.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

Mark of the beast with a tracking device, might seem a bit out there, but, IMHO, I tend to think that his virus was inflicted on the world by the Chinese, to control. I believe the intent was to tank the U.S. economy and in doing so, they were hoping that their currency would be the world currency.  What we have learned is we need to ensure that Big Pharma and other companies that are in China leave and come back to the U.S. and we need to become much much less reliant on China.

I also believe that there is a possibility that Biden and Fauci had full knowledge of what was going on; Biden because both he and his son have $$ interest in China and the obvious that he and the DEMS are eyeing the WH and Fauci because he wanted research to continue regardless of the possibility of a pandemic -- could they be in this together?  I would hope not, but the DEMS will stop at nothing to win. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:51:07 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

NOPE. I am anti-vax, all the way, and there is no way in hell that crap is going in my arm... If only for the aspect of Kosher...

And I will be even more foursquare against it if in fact it becomes the litmus wrt being able to work and participate in public, as some are touting. Even more oh hell no.

The Mark? no.

That I think is more along the lines of chipping... Which I also will not do, no matter what.

But if the mark is not a physical mark, but more a way of thinking and doing (head and hand) as some Christians legitimately predict, then YES, vaccines contribute to a 'way' that Yah does not advise. Pharmakopia... predicted, and coming true.

Offline musiclady

Unless they are going to vaccinate you on your right hand or forehead...…………

Crazy is right!  But many Evangelicals believed Trump was the modern day Cyrus prophesied by Mark Taylor the retired fireman too.

Right.  And that is when I ceased calling myself an Evangelical.  Too many who self identify as such but ignore (or don’t know) Scripture and follow the crowd off the proverbial cliff.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

That I think is more along the lines of chipping... Which I also will not do, no matter what.
That's exactly what this was about. I doubt Yahoo News knows what an evangelical is, but apparently thought it would be fun to mock them - with a very broad brush - for freaking out over vaccines. And some here have snapped at the bait.

It's not so much the vaccines, it's the potential of a so-called tracking system that consists of an implanted microchip to which they object, and which they analogize to the mark of the beast. The problem some have with the actual vaccines has nothing to do with the book of Revelation. Rather, as my retired chemist cousin would tell you, it's the myriad chemicals and additives to vaccines that makes them potentially harmful.
Mar 18, 2020,07:15pm EDT
Bill Gates Calls For National Tracking System For Coronavirus During Reddit AMA
Matt Perez
Forbes Staff
Forbes

...Gates called for a "national tracking system similar to South Korea, saying that "in Seattle, the [University of Washington] is providing thousands of tests per day but no one is connected to a national tracking system" and that "Whenever there is a positive test it should be seen to understand where the disease is and whether we need to strengthen the social distancing." ...
See also:
Bill Gates, MIT Develop New ‘Tattoo ID’ to Check For Vaccinations
December 23, 2019

As tattoos continue to become more mainstreamed among certain demographics within society, it should come as little surprise that big pharma is keen to roll out this latest “wearable tech” solution.

To make sure that you’ve had all of your required doses of government mandated vaccines, scientists at MIT have created a new ink which can be embedded in the skin which can be read using a special infra-red smart phone camera app. ...
21st Century Wire
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:53:54 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

That's exactly what this was about. I doubt Yahoo News knows what an evangelical is, but apparently thought it would be fun to mock them - with a very broad brush - for freaking out over vaccines. And some here have snapped at the bait.

It's not so much the vaccines, it's the potential of a so-called tracking system that consists of an implanted microchip to which they object, and which they analogize to the mark of the beast.

@mountaineer

Oh that's coming, for sure. In fact, it's really already here. It just isn't subcutaneous yet. Mate the tracking of cellphones and autos, tracking of internet transactions and electronic banking, and electronic medical records, and we are already there, those of us that participate in all that...

All that's left is an incontrovertible ID - One that cannot be removed - An authorizing chip under the skin, and there ya go. Add rfid pickups everywhere, that will react to that chip, which they are doing, and facial recognition cams everywhere, which they are doing,  and you can throw away your phone and car, and it won't help a thing.

But I think that will be sold as an upgrade more than by force. Won't it be snazzy when you can have your cell implanted? Won't it be nice when Giggle Assistant lives right in your head and reacts to your very thoughts? So COOL!

Ain't it super cool, with this implanted chip that you don't need keys anymore? And anyone who is not authorized cannot enter your home or your car? And everywhere you go, commercials and store ads are tailored to your interests, and every chair you sit in is tailored to your presets? Heat and light automatically adjust when you are in the room... It's SO conveeeeeenient and so cool...

See? The Bible says it will be your choice. That supposes a way provided by Yah, to choose not to take the mark. So Transhumanism and tech worship seems the unnatural path to me.

And I will reiterate... It may not be a physical mark at all, but rather the way you think and do (head and hand). There is also a mark of Yah - And that, it seems, is 'think and do' and not visible to the eye (in their heads and on their hearts).

But I DO see and agree with your concern. Prophecy is a slippery fish... Who knows which way it flips or flops until the time comes? And who can keep it in their hands?

The problem some have with the actual vaccines has nothing to do with the book of Revelation. Rather, as my retired chemist cousin would tell you, it's the myriad chemicals and additives to vaccines that makes them potentially harmgul.

That's right exactly in my case. I don't trust Big Pharma at all, nor Big Med... But in the end, if you follow what YHWH says about what to put in your body (and what not), It will inexorably lead you against pre-packaging, pre-processed foods, and any sort of additive, because you must KNOW what you are eating. You would be amazed at how very hard it is to stay away from pork alone in the modern diet...

And meds are no different. You don't KNOW what is in that pill or injection. And you take it for granted that it's safe, Or healthy even, because some guy in a white robe that understands archaic languages says so. How is that any different from listening to the wizards of yore? Eye of newt and all that... Not my bag.  :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

@roamer_1  I normally don't read fiction written for a young audience, but somehow heard of the Swipe series by Evan Angler, and bought the books. From Amazon:
Everyone gets the Mark. It gives all the benefits of citizenship. Yet if getting the Mark is such a good thing, then why does it feel so wrong?

Set in a future North America that is struggling to recover after famine and global war, Swipe follows the lives of three kids caught in the middle of a conflict they didn’t even know existed. United under a charismatic leader, every citizen of the American Union is required to get the Mark on their 13th birthday in order to gain the benefits of citizenship. 

The Mark is a tattoo that must be swiped by special scanners for everything from employment to transportation to shopping
. It’s almost Logan Langly’s 13th birthday and he knows he should be excited about getting the Mark, but he hasn’t been able to shake the feeling he’s being watched. Not since his sister went to get her Mark five years ago . . . and never came back.

When Logan and his friends discover the truth behind the Mark, will they ever be able to go back to being normal teenagers?  ...
These four books were excellent. I highly recommend them. They're not just for the teen reader.

Of course, the Biblical reference is Rev. 13:
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
The "evangelicals" Yahoo mocked were not talking about smallpox vaccinations.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1  I normally don't read fiction written for a young audience, but somehow heard of the Swipe series by Evan Angler, and bought the books. From Amazon:These four books were excellent. I highly recommend them. They're not just for the teen reader.

Of course, the Biblical reference is Rev. 13:The "evangelicals" Yahoo mocked were not talking about smallpox vaccinations.

Thanks for that @mountaineer ... I will pick em up... I have grands approaching teen years as it is.  :seeya:

Offline PeteS in CA

It's not so much the vaccines, it's the potential of a so-called tracking system that consists of an implanted microchip to which they object, and which they analogize to the mark of the beast. ...

Sigh ........ what Gates has actually proposed is an entirely Cloud-based database, not a tattoo, not an implanted "microchip", not an injected "microchip" (absurd if you think of a real-life hypodermic needle vs. a real-life IC die!), https://finance.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-immunity-passport-unites-140503280.html .

Offline roamer_1

Sigh ........ what Gates has actually proposed is an entirely Cloud-based database, not a tattoo, not an implanted "microchip", not an injected "microchip" (absurd if you think of a real-life hypodermic needle vs. a real-life IC die!), https://finance.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-immunity-passport-unites-140503280.html .

Riiight... Just another brick in the wall.
All you need to say is 'immunity passport' and it's the same dang thing anyway.

HELL NO.

Offline libertybele

@mountaineer

Oh that's coming, for sure. In fact, it's really already here. It just isn't subcutaneous yet. Mate the tracking of cellphones and autos, tracking of internet transactions and electronic banking, and electronic medical records, and we are already there, those of us that participate in all that...

All that's left is an incontrovertible ID - One that cannot be removed - An authorizing chip under the skin, and there ya go. Add rfid pickups everywhere, that will react to that chip, which they are doing, and facial recognition cams everywhere, which they are doing,  and you can throw away your phone and car, and it won't help a thing.

But I think that will be sold as an upgrade more than by force. Won't it be snazzy when you can have your cell implanted? Won't it be nice when Giggle Assistant lives right in your head and reacts to your very thoughts? So COOL!

Ain't it super cool, with this implanted chip that you don't need keys anymore? And anyone who is not authorized cannot enter your home or your car? And everywhere you go, commercials and store ads are tailored to your interests, and every chair you sit in is tailored to your presets? Heat and light automatically adjust when you are in the room... It's SO conveeeeeenient and so cool...

See? The Bible says it will be your choice. That supposes a way provided by Yah, to choose not to take the mark. So Transhumanism and tech worship seems the unnatural path to me.

And I will reiterate... It may not be a physical mark at all, but rather the way you think and do (head and hand). There is also a mark of Yah - And that, it seems, is 'think and do' and not visible to the eye (in their heads and on their hearts).

But I DO see and agree with your concern. Prophecy is a slippery fish... Who knows which way it flips or flops until the time comes? And who can keep it in their hands?

That's right exactly in my case. I don't trust Big Pharma at all, nor Big Med... But in the end, if you follow what YHWH says about what to put in your body (and what not), It will inexorably lead you against pre-packaging, pre-processed foods, and any sort of additive, because you must KNOW what you are eating. You would be amazed at how very hard it is to stay away from pork alone in the modern diet...

And meds are no different. You don't KNOW what is in that pill or injection. And you take it for granted that it's safe, Or healthy even, because some guy in a white robe that understands archaic languages says so. How is that any different from listening to the wizards of yore? Eye of newt and all that... Not my bag.  :shrug:

goopo goopo
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

That's why I said potential.

Offline PeteS in CA

That's why I said potential.

And 20 years ago people were saying that RFID were going to be the Mark of the Beast. Good thing for them the Mosaic Law's provisions for false prophets are not enforceable. "Potential" has become a favorite word for CTists when shown their claims are false, because it is vague and not susceptible to falsification.

Offline roamer_1

And 20 years ago people were saying that RFID were going to be the Mark of the Beast. Good thing for them the Mosaic Law's provisions for false prophets are not enforceable. "Potential" has become a favorite word for CTists when shown their claims are false, because it is vague and not susceptible to falsification.

That is not false prophecy.

Offline Hoodat

Jesus is coming, people.  Act busy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

What is a CTist?

Offline PeteS in CA

What is a CTist?

CT = Conspiracy Theory. Pretty sure I've answered this before.