Author Topic: Treasury to borrow $3 trillion in second quarter, far more than during financial crisis  (Read 377 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Treasury to borrow $3 trillion in second quarter, far more than during financial crisis
by Jay Heflin
 | May 04, 2020 03:58 PM

The Treasury Department announced on Monday that it expects to borrow $3 trillion during the second quarter this year.

The amount is five times greater than the amount the federal government borrowed at the height of the 2008-2009 financial crisis. It is also more than the $1.28 trillion the government borrowed in the bond market for all of 2019.

During the first quarter of 2020, Treasury borrowed $477 billion. The increase in borrowing during the second quarter is primarily driven by the effects of the coronavirus outbreak, including the over $3 trillion in new spending that Congress has recently approved and the fact that deadlines for tax receipts have been postponed.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/treasury-to-borrow-3-trillion-in-second-quarter-far-more-than-during-financial-crisis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Treasury to borrow $3 trillion in second quarter, far more than during financial crisis
by Jay Heflin
 | May 04, 2020 03:58 PM

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Crickets from the expected.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1