Author Topic: Harassed for endorsing Trump, Georgia Dem resigns in anger: ‘Turn the lights off, I have left the pl  (Read 578 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harassed for endorsing Trump, Georgia Dem resigns in anger: ‘Turn the lights off, I have left the plantation’
April 22, 2020 | Frieda Powers

A Democratic Georgia state lawmaker has many wondering if he is going to #WalkAway from his party after his abrupt decision to step down.

Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones announced Wednesday that he has “left the plantation” and would not be completing his term, making the surprising statement just more than a week after declaring that he was endorsing President Donald Trump.

“I’m sick and tired of me and my family being attacked and harassed by the Democrat Party for putting my country before my party,” Jones said in a statement to CBS 46 in Atlanta.

“I take pride in being an independent thinker. My first amendment right to freedom of speech is under siege,” he added. “I intend to help the Democrat Party get rid of its bigotry against Black people that are independent and conservative.”

Jones, who was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2016, had ignited instant attacks by Democrats and liberals calling him out as a “traitor” among other things for supporting Trump. He warned in a tweet on Tuesday that “Black Americans are waking up” and that an “uprising is near.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/04/22/harassed-for-endorsing-trump-georgia-dem-resigns-in-anger-turn-the-lights-off-i-have-left-the-plantation-911923
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

If Jones files to run for this seat as an independent, he would probably win.  There is no Republican candidate. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Black man quits a job.  Where is the story?  /sarc

Good for Rep Jones if he experienced a coming to Jesus moment.  Nobody owes a party their vote and soul.  I do wonder why now?  Couldn't he announce his change of heart and fulfill his term still?

I can't imagine the vile tweets and phone calls he is receiving non-stop, but the endorsement of a former Rep carries less water it seems to me.

Offline bilo

If Jones files to run for this seat as an independent, he would probably win.  There is no Republican candidate.

It would be a step in the right direction.

I'm always amazed when my black friends tell me they're conservative, but they vote for Rats.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

If a Republican endorsed Biden, I'd expect he'd get an earful too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If a Republican endorsed Biden, I'd expect he'd get an earful too.

Of course.  Loyalty to one's tribe is more important than loyalty to the nation. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Of course.  Loyalty to one's tribe is more important than loyalty to the nation.
Did you forget a sarcasm tag, or is that what you really believe?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I think that's what too many partisans believe.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think that's what too many partisans believe.

I think it sucks this fellow allowed himself to be bullied out of an office his constituents he was elected to.  Now they have no Representative at all.  To me, that's on Vernon Jones.  Way to stick by your principles, there Vern.  This is no time to take your bll and go home.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: