Author Topic: Election 2020: Twitter and Social Media  (Read 106592 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Election 2020: Twitter and Social Media
« Reply #2375 on: January 11, 2021, 09:07:54 pm »
Then kindly provide examples.  I do not "fabricate facts (although I did mistakenly label Lindsay Graham as a Senator from North Carolina, for which I apologize. 

Bu my expressed view that a mob attacked the Capitol because it believed it was following the leader who summoned them to Washington with the exhortation to "get wild" on January 6 s a statement of my opinion.  And you know that.

I know I once said something to you about stating your opinions AS fact, which is what you have done repeatedly on this thread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2376 on: January 11, 2021, 09:07:58 pm »
What transcript?  You posted a transcript?

Check the link.   Then cut/paste the part that constituted inciting a riot.  The speech was too long to cut/paste in its entireity on a post.

I'll cut/paste it on a PM if you prefer....  Let me know.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:13:14 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2377 on: January 11, 2021, 09:27:05 pm »
Trump needs to be responsible for the foreseeable consequences of his irresponsible rhetoric.   Morally if not legally.

Can you please pinpoint the exact words of his rhetoric which you consider irresponsible, immoral, or criminal?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2378 on: January 11, 2021, 09:31:19 pm »
What transcript?  You posted a transcript?

He shouldn't have to post a transcript since you are the one condemning his words - words which you have never read.  Bottom line is that you have no clue what Trump said, yet you condemn him for it.  And you have the effrontery to question his moral stance?

Here's the transcript.  Apologies in advance for the long post:

On second thought, screw that.  I'm not ruining this thread because someone willfully chooses to be dishonest.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:34:16 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2379 on: January 11, 2021, 09:44:25 pm »
Then kindly provide examples.  I do not "fabricate facts (although I did mistakenly label Lindsay Graham as a Senator from North Carolina, for which I apologize.

Yet you failed to apologize (or even acknowledge) that Trump got more votes than Graham.  You again pushed the false narrative that Trump was abandoned by down-ticket GOP voters.  And you supported it with a false claim - that Graham got more votes than Trump, when in reality Trump got more.

These numbers were provided to you.  Just like numbers were provided to you every other time you pushed that false narrative.  And each and every time, you failed to acknowledge it.  A person of integrity would acknowledge their error, concede that the premise they have been pushing is pure BS, and change their ways.  But not you.  You continue to push that lie again and again and again, knowing full well that it is a lie.  That makes you a liar.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2380 on: January 11, 2021, 09:50:16 pm »
Can you please pinpoint the exact words of his rhetoric which you consider irresponsible, immoral, or criminal?
Waiting on Media Matters for that one. I'm sure they'll have something soon.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2381 on: January 11, 2021, 09:53:30 pm »
Marching the leftist and democrat lockstepp,they have no choice/will but to proceed by the master that holds their leashes.  6-8 months of rioting, encouraging and supporting riots, shouldn't a great many of the democrats be impeached ?  The only rioting they care about is impeach Trump rioting, and as much false witness as it takes to make it happen.  They are some bodies lockstepping dogs on leashes, certainly with no consciences. Quit expecting consciences you can reach with such, it is futility.  Know your enemies.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2382 on: January 11, 2021, 10:02:57 pm »
How long will the worst of the leftist stooges torment and misinform, misdirect people here?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2383 on: January 11, 2021, 10:48:43 pm »
How long will the worst of the leftist stooges torment and misinform, misdirect people here?
As long as they don't aggregiously cross the line, that's what makes this Forum and it's owner so awesome, unlike others that will boot you for just stating an unpopular opinion or making up their own facts.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2384 on: January 11, 2021, 10:49:20 pm »
 :whistle:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2385 on: January 11, 2021, 10:50:03 pm »
 :yowsa:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2386 on: January 11, 2021, 11:11:08 pm »
Azealia seems to be quite opinionated.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2387 on: January 11, 2021, 11:17:09 pm »
@Jazzhead, I'm still waiting for your reply to an earlier post of mine; the one with the Hillary video attached, in case you missed it.  Thanks.

I'm sorry, @libertybele,  I don't know to which post you are referring. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2388 on: January 11, 2021, 11:20:03 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2389 on: January 11, 2021, 11:30:22 pm »
Yet you failed to apologize (or even acknowledge) that Trump got more votes than Graham. 

Yes,  I will assume the numbers you posted were accurate.   I apologize for my mistake.

But let's talk about in the context of all the bullspit Trump is spewing.   Graham won in a landslide,  and his race was called almost immediately (that's why I made my mistake).    Yet Trump had more total votes.    It points to a phenomenon that suggests to me why Trumpsters are so incredulous that their man could have lost.   Many of the new voters this year were motivated solely by the Presidential race, to vote for Trump or against him.   They didn't even vote in down-ticket races.   These were the seldom-seen voters that Stacey Abrams and other mustered.   Will they ever be back to vote again?   The look of this pattern is unusual enough that folks like you think there must have been fraud.

Nah,  there was a simpler explanation -  people couldn't stand the man and his constant daily shit. 

It was clearly  mistake for Trump to join the Dems' narrative that the election was a yea or nay on Trump.    Framed that way, the   millions who came out only to vote him out and have hidden the many others (myself included) who voted straight GOP except for the top of the ticket.  The people were trying to send a message that GOP priorities were largely favored,  but not with an unstable individual in the Oval Office.

And the people, in their wisdom, were proven right about Trump.   He tore his own kingdom down.     
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:31:29 pm by Jazzhead »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2390 on: January 11, 2021, 11:32:57 pm »
Took me 60 seconds.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,398262.msg2360346.html#msg2360346

Thank a @Cyber Liberty for saving me the frustration. 

@Jazzhead I am not trying to hold your feet to the fire, but rather trying to understand your logic in all of this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2391 on: January 11, 2021, 11:49:56 pm »
@Jazzhead

I only heard part of his speech. Trump has always been able to 'excite' a crowd much like a famous rockstar is able to 'excite' a crowd.  I didn't hear him telling people to riot, but admittedly I didn't listen to the entire speech.  As anyone campaigning they say things about their platform against their opponent; taxes, social security, jobs, gun laws, abortion, etc. 

IMHO the concern that the left has with Trump is the enormous size of the crowds that he draws and his ability to connect so well with them.  No President in history has ever drawn crowds the size that he does. None.

You might want to  listen to one of Hillary's speeches (video below) where she shrieks to get her crowd 'excited'.  Please watch the video -- the crowd gets excited, roars and shouts.  They chant "Hillary" immediately...

@Jazzhead if you honestly see or hear a difference in the tone of the speech or the excitement of the crowd, please, I'd be interested in trying to understand what you see or hear that is so different.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZngjbhTEhNk

I understand that you see Trump as some kind of rock star playing to an adoring crowd.   I understand that his rhetoric on January 6 may have been no different in content and in tone to what he's said at other rallies.   And I acknowledge that Trump crowds have largely been boisterous,  but not destructive. 

But something went horribly wrong on January 6.    This was a violent mob,  committing acts so outrageous and deadly that this one day alone will both define Donald Trump forever and end his political career.   Why are so determined that Trump not bear his share of the blame?   

What went so wrong?    I'll throw out some thoughts:

-   The rally was purposely timed to coincide with a rare joint session of Congress - a vulnerable situation, as any security expert would tell you.

- The rhetoric by Trump Giuliani and Don, Jr. in the morning was certainly aggressive, if not incendiary.

-   Trump had been baiting his base for two months with horse manure that the election was stolen  -  they clearly believed him and that naturally ratcheted up the sense of grievance,  and willingness to "make the news" and play their part in Trump's reality show.

- Trump had to be aware of the internet chatter by extremists willing to fight.

- Mobs will be mobs.   Especially loose mobs already assembled to roam city streets (Hillary's rally appears to be in an indoor arena).

Putting the very best spin on it, this was a monumental phuck-up.   I hope to God that further investigation shows that was all it was, a blunder, a miscalculation, rather than intent to abet a resurrection.   Trump at this time appears to lack the humility to admit either the fact or the cost of this blunder,  including the cost to his MAGA movement,  which is in danger of being fatally discredited.

I have been the target of obscenities and threats in recent days,  but my advice to the Trumpsters is not intended to be disingenuous  - if you want to save your still very potent political movement,  sever yourselves from Donald Trump
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:57:18 pm by Jazzhead »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2392 on: January 11, 2021, 11:52:52 pm »
Yes,  I will assume the numbers you posted were accurate.   I apologize for my mistake.

But let's talk about in the context of all the bullspit Trump is spewing.   Graham won in a landslide,  and his race was called almost immediately (that's why I made my mistake).

The fact that the race was called so quickly has absolutely zero bearing on which candidate received more votes, Trump or Graham.  You simply made up your own facts to push a narrative based on what you feel, and you got caught.

Yet Trump had more total votes.    It points to a phenomenon that suggests to me why Trumpsters are so incredulous that their man could have lost.   Many of the new voters this year were motivated solely by the Presidential race, to vote for Trump or against him.   They didn't even vote in down-ticket races.

And here you go again, inventing a narrative about a fact you wouldn't even acknowledge an hour ago.  Besides, Biden got less votes than Graham's Democrat opponent.  So much for your phenomenon  Once again, your insistence to make it up as you go has made you out to look like a fool.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2393 on: January 11, 2021, 11:57:07 pm »
Check the link.   Then cut/paste the part that constituted inciting a riot.  The speech was too long to cut/paste in its entireity on a post.

I'll cut/paste it on a PM if you prefer....  Let me know.

@Jazzhead

I have PM'ed the speech to you.  Still want you to go on record exactly where in Trump's January 6th speech that the Capitol Incident was incited by him.   

Thanks....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:59:38 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2394 on: January 12, 2021, 12:01:46 am »
The fact that the race was called so quickly has absolutely zero bearing on which candidate received more votes, Trump or Graham.  You simply made up your own facts to push a narrative based on what you feel, and you got caught.

I assumed a fact to be true that turned out, on your say-so,  to be untrue.   I apologized to you in good faith,  and you insist on defamation.   

You are graceless. 

BassWrangler

« Reply #2395 on: January 12, 2021, 12:05:02 am »
  I assumed a fact to be true that turned out, on your say-so,  to be untrue.   I apologized to you in good faith,  and you insist on defamation.   

You are graceless.

This is the point in the argument when my dad would threaten to stop the car.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2396 on: January 12, 2021, 12:08:03 am »
@Jazzhead

I have PM'ed the speech to you.  Still want you to go on record exactly where in Trump's January 6th speech that the Capitol Incident was incited by him.   

Thanks....

See my post #2391,  just above,  which is basically responsive to your point.   It was the totality of circumstances,  including but limited to Trump's exhortations,  that led to a breakdown in civil order and a black eye for the nation.   It is also what leads me to say that Trump has the moral duty to accept responsibility for this,  and not coincidently to save his movement for the sake of his followers who didn't riot on January 6.  . 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2397 on: January 12, 2021, 12:15:11 am »
South Carolina

Votes for President - 2,476,644
Votes for Senate - 2,479,965
Votes for House - 2,489,483

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2398 on: January 12, 2021, 12:16:53 am »
See my post #2391,  just above,  which is basically responsive to your point.   It was the totality of circumstances,  including but limited to Trump's exhortations,  that led to a breakdown in civil order and a black eye for the nation.   It is also what leads me to say that Trump has the moral duty to accept responsibility for this,  and not coincidently to save his movement for the sake of his followers who didn't riot on January 6.  .

Kind of weasely response for someone a few pages ago, who out in out claimed he incited the riot.  Big difference, and I think would warrant a retraction.

I remember back in '16 when we had thoughtful discussions. But something snapped in you.   I have never really liked Trump, but never let my dislike of him blind me in not wanting the best for this country.  And right now, we are looking at the Trifecta of Doom....   Biden, Schumer Pelosi.  Those in the GOP who couldn't find in their heart to hold their nose have to bear some responsibility.  (IMO)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:18:12 am by catfish1957 »

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #2399 on: January 12, 2021, 12:17:48 am »
I am embarrassed that I, a grown-ass man, am missing an elderly man’s tweets.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021