Author Topic: Election 2020: Twitter and Social Media  (Read 106579 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Election 2020: Twitter and Social Media
« Reply #2350 on: January 11, 2021, 07:36:56 pm »
You do not make an effective moral argument by claiming that two wrongs make a right.   The Dems' actions during the Kavanaugh hearings were shameful.   Trump's actions in encouraging a mob to descend on the Capitol leaving wreckage and five deaths in its wake amount to sedition.

The man must resign or be removed.   My Senator,  Pat Toomey,  is correct that Trump committed impeachable offenses.   It is insane for MAGA supporters to forfeit their own moral capital by continuing to defend the indefensible.

I am so sick and tired of your shit, accusing Trump of incitement of rioting.  From the entire speech (which I include the transcript), is the only mention of tone and tenor of the protesters and the Capitol....

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today, we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four year period. We've set it on a much straighter course, a much...and I thought, you know, four more years."

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trumps-jan-6-full-speech-we-will-never-concede-when-theft-is-involved

Read the damn thing, and explain to TBR exactly where in this speech Trump met that criteria?  Otherwise shut the hell up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:03:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2351 on: January 11, 2021, 07:46:59 pm »
What lie?  Under the law,   the consequences of reckless behavior can be visited when violence is reasonably foreseeable.

Again:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

-President Trump-

Did the President tell people to march on the Capitol?  No.  Did he tell them to protest peacefully?  Yes.  Did he incite violence?  No.  Was there any reason to believe that violence would be incurred?  Obviously, the Capitol Police didn't because they held the doors wide open.

Trump did not encourage a mob to descend on the Capitol leaving wreckage and five deaths in its wake, nor did he commit sedition.  Your claim is patently false.  And the fact that you still make that claim with full knowledge of Trump's call for peaceful assembly makes you a liar.  You uttered a statement you knew to be false in order to deceive others.

But even if Trump did not intend to incite his crowd to violence  .  .  .

.  .  .  even though you already made the claim that he did.

.  .  .  he remains morally responsible for the calamity.    He still has not renounced the violence committed in his name.

The protest wasn't committed in his name.  It was committed because our Republic is being subverted.  But then you knew that already.

Did you even listen to his speech?  Or are you simply making it up as you go, inventing your own set of facts to justify your emotions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2352 on: January 11, 2021, 07:50:22 pm »
The Capitol of the United States was physically breached with Congress in session.  I could care less that less physical damage was done to the Capitol building than to a storefront looted and burned in a BLM riot.   The latter is criminal behavior,  the former violent sedition urged on by the President. It is completely unacceptable.

Trump's blunder is existential.   He should never be permitted to hold federal office again.  The responsibility of Trump supporters now should be to reject the man and work to save their movement's agenda.  If the two cannot be effectively separated,  then MAGA is effectively dead.
Stop the lying.

You are no better than the MSM.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2353 on: January 11, 2021, 07:52:54 pm »
Not in the least.

I heard his speech. If he incited violence then every politician who has ever given a campaign speech is guilty as well.

And (rightly) claiming the election was stolen doesn't qualify, either.

If you think otherwise then you'll have to provide quotes.
Correct.

I did not hear Jazzy condemn Schumer when he threatened Supreme Court Justices.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2354 on: January 11, 2021, 07:54:29 pm »
My Senator,  Pat Toomey,  is correct

Nothing says "I'm drowning in Trump hate" better than invoking the name "Pat Toomey" as a ally. @Jazzhead     

The rest of your post was pure bullshit and not worth a repeat or a response. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2355 on: January 11, 2021, 07:55:21 pm »
Correct.

I did not hear Jazzy condemn Schumer when he threatened Supreme Court Justices.

Why don't you go back then and see what I did say?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2356 on: January 11, 2021, 07:56:22 pm »
Nothing says "I'm drowning in Trump hate" better than invoking the name "Pat Toomey" as a ally. @Jazzhead     

Jazzy has gone off the rails, and needs to take a deep breath before reaching pariah status
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2357 on: January 11, 2021, 07:57:19 pm »
Jazzy has gone off the rails, and needs to take a deep breath before reaching pariah status

Being looked at.  This is a new level.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2358 on: January 11, 2021, 07:59:19 pm »
Stop the lying.

You are no better than the MSM.

A difference of opinion is not a lie.   That crowd was ginned up to march on the Capitol and fight.   Trump needs to be responsible for the foreseeable consequences of his irresponsible rhetoric.   Morally if not legally.  But I'm okay with legally.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2359 on: January 11, 2021, 08:08:13 pm »
A difference of opinion is not a lie.   That crowd was ginned up to march on the Capitol and fight.   Trump needs to be responsible for the foreseeable consequences of his irresponsible rhetoric.   Morally if not legally.  But I'm okay with legally.

Can we save the post-mortems on Trump until Biden is in the White House?    Right now we must stand together and oppose this coup that is happening before our eyes.  You really don't want them to go after Trump, because he's just a proxy for the rest of us, whether you like it or not.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2360 on: January 11, 2021, 08:08:57 pm »
Can we save the post-mortems on Trump until Biden is in the White House?    Right now we must stand together and oppose this coup that is happening before our eyes.  You really don't want them to go after Trump, because he's just a proxy for the rest of us, whether you like it or not.

He's not one of "us."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2361 on: January 11, 2021, 08:10:17 pm »
He's not one of "us."

After the past few weeks, I painfully have to agree.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2362 on: January 11, 2021, 08:11:09 pm »

Jazzy would rather play dogpile with his other buddies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2363 on: January 11, 2021, 08:20:28 pm »

Toomey has for years been a true conservative and a principled public servant.   Of course I value his opinion and perspective.   I consider his refusal to be Trump's handmaiden a strength.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2364 on: January 11, 2021, 08:28:17 pm »
Toomey has for years been a true conservative and a principled public servant.   Of course I value his opinion and perspective.   I consider his refusal to be Trump's handmaiden a strength.

Toomey just hopes the crocodile will eat him last.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2365 on: January 11, 2021, 08:28:50 pm »
:beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2366 on: January 11, 2021, 08:30:34 pm »
The Capitol of the United States was physically breached with Congress in session.  I could care less that less physical damage was done to the Capitol building than to a storefront looted and burned in a BLM riot.   The latter is criminal behavior,  the former violent sedition urged on by the President.  It is completely unacceptable.  Trump's blunder is existential.   He should never be permitted to hold federal office again.  The responsibility of Trump supporters now should be to reject the man and work to save their movement's agenda.  If the two cannot be effectively separated,  then MAGA is effectively dead.
@Jazzhead

Yes, Jazz, Trump wanted the whole government to be his.  He was in the White House cheering the terrorists on, not understanding why those around him were not cheering, too.  I hope the impeachment goes to the senate and Trump is convicted so he cannot hold public office again.  That also gives Republicans back their party.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2367 on: January 11, 2021, 08:31:37 pm »

That worked well for Ol' Arlen...lol.  What is it with PA, idiots electing retards?  One would almost think there isn't a sane person in that benighted state.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2368 on: January 11, 2021, 08:31:49 pm »
A difference of opinion is not a lie.   

You don't post differences of opinion @Jazzhead  You post your own fabricated facts, and fabricated facts are lies.  Period.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2369 on: January 11, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »
@Jazzhead

Yes, Jazz, Trump wanted the whole government to be his.  He was in the White House cheering the terrorists on, not understanding why those around him were not cheering, too.  I hope the impeachment goes to the senate and Trump is convicted so he cannot hold public office again.  That also gives Republicans back their party.

Either you left the sarcasm tag off, or I am very disappointed in your POV.  Is someone posting as you?  There are  a lot of people who respect you here.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2370 on: January 11, 2021, 08:50:10 pm »
You don't post differences of opinion @Jazzhead  You post your own fabricated facts, and fabricated facts are lies.  Period.

Then kindly provide examples.  I do not "fabricate facts (although I did mistakenly label Lindsay Graham as a Senator from North Carolina, for which I apologize. 

Bu my expressed view that a mob attacked the Capitol because it believed it was following the leader who summoned them to Washington with the exhortation to "get wild" on January 6 s a statement of my opinion.  And you know that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:51:44 pm by Jazzhead »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2371 on: January 11, 2021, 08:53:52 pm »
Then kindly provide examples.  I do not "fabricate facts (although I did mistakenly label Lindsay Graham as a Senator from North Carolina, for which I apologize. 

Bu my expressed view that a mob attacked the Capitol because it believed it was following the leader who summoned them to Washington with the exhortation to "get wild" on January 6 s a statement of my opinion.  And you know that.

Then respond to my earlier post, and show us exactly on that transcript where he exactly incited the crowd.....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2372 on: January 11, 2021, 08:55:56 pm »
@Jazzhead

That is the bottom line for me.  A swift and sure repudiation of Trump gives Republicans their best chance of recovering from this calamity.   Same goes for patriotic Trump supporters too -  it is time to separate the man from the movement,  so the movement itself can survive and transcend its association with this madman.

@Victoria33 ,  it took guts to express that unpopular opinion here.    Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:57:19 pm by Jazzhead »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2373 on: January 11, 2021, 08:57:53 pm »
@Jazzhead, I'm still waiting for your reply to an earlier post of mine; the one with the Hillary video attached, in case you missed it.  Thanks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2374 on: January 11, 2021, 08:58:50 pm »
Then respond to my earlier post, and show us exactly on that transcript where he exactly incited the crowd.....

What transcript?  You posted a transcript?