Author Topic: Election 2020: Twitter and Social Media  (Read 106604 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Election 2020: Twitter and Social Media
« Reply #2275 on: January 10, 2021, 03:56:59 pm »
It isn't about "cleansing the movement",   just getting a saner leader.    You populists can vie with us conservatives for the future of the GOP.     It should be an interesting debate.   Or you can self-immolate along with Trump.   It's your choice.

OH HELL NO. It's all about cleansing the movement. I don't care about Tumpy (have you noticed?) but I certainly care about jackbooted censorship by BigTech thugs. I don't mostly agree with what Tump's folks are saying... But they damn sure have the right to say it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2276 on: January 10, 2021, 03:59:07 pm »
It isn't about "cleansing the movement",   just getting a saner leader.    You populists can vie with us conservatives for the future of the GOP.     It should be an interesting debate.   Or you can self-immolate along with Trump.   It's your choice.

Respectfully (sorry for the previous barbs)...  You can't see "cleansing" as elimination?  Tell that to the 1940's Nazi's/Jews.
There is no doubt of what was the intent of the Tweet.  Just replace ethnic with ideological
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:12:56 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2277 on: January 10, 2021, 04:12:01 pm »
OH HELL NO. It's all about cleansing the movement. I don't care about Tumpy (have you noticed?) but I certainly care about jackbooted censorship by BigTech thugs. I don't mostly agree with what Tump's folks are saying... But they damn sure have the right to say it.

Oh,  I completely agree with you about the Big Tech censorship.  It may not be illegal but it damn sure is un- American.    Viewpoint discrimination is discrimination.  Point that out the next time your company makes you take diversity training.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2278 on: January 10, 2021, 04:18:19 pm »
Respectfully (sorry for the previous barbs)...  You can't see "cleansing" as elimination?  Tell that to the 1940's Nazi's/Jews.
There is no doubt of what was the intent of the Tweet.  Just replace ethnic with ideological

I understand the objection to the word.   I was speaking more of the GOP and the future of MAGA.    A sizeable number want to pick up their marbles.   But Trump's populist movement hasn't been discredited.    It needs new leadership.   Trump has thrown away his future.  Don't throw away yours.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2279 on: January 10, 2021, 04:20:13 pm »

I understand the objection to the word.   I was speaking more of the GOP and the future of MAGA.    A sizeable number want to pick up their marbles.   But Trump's populist movement hasn't been discredited.    It needs new leadership.   Trump has thrown away his future.  Don't throw away yours.

I’m not so sure that Trump threw away his legacy I remember saying that back in 2016 multiple times. His supporters still love him and the man is the king of comebacks

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2280 on: January 10, 2021, 04:20:18 pm »
'Cleansing' is the word the Clinton Administration used to replace the word 'genocide'.  It sounded nicer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2281 on: January 10, 2021, 04:21:35 pm »

AMEN!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2282 on: January 10, 2021, 04:23:07 pm »
Oh,  I completely agree with you about the Big Tech censorship.  It may not be illegal but it damn sure is un- American.    Viewpoint discrimination is discrimination.  Point that out the next time your company makes you take diversity training.

That's right - But I am my company - so I always get a pass on that danged ol diversity bullcrap.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2283 on: January 10, 2021, 04:27:26 pm »
More North Carolinians voted for Graham than for Trump.

A nifty trick, for a Senator from South Carolina.  But I think I see your point anyway....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2284 on: January 10, 2021, 04:27:51 pm »
That's right - But I am my company - so I always get a pass on that danged ol diversity bullcrap.

LMAO..  You better not list on NASDAQ, or that will all change.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2285 on: January 10, 2021, 04:31:08 pm »
Ultimately its not about the votes or the will of the American people as this last election made overwhelmingly clear, It's about the theft of the American peoples votes and will of the people by the deep
State and those that twisted the events/facts and still do to deceive and incarcerate the nation of America.  Soros did indeed obtain owner ship of the democrats, but he certainly did stop at that.  Beware his stooges on a leash, they are still at work.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2286 on: January 10, 2021, 04:31:59 pm »

South Carolina election Results - 2020

Donald Trump   - 1,385,103
Lindsey Graham - 1,369,137

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2287 on: January 10, 2021, 04:34:11 pm »

You mean South Carolinians,  but also, a lot of Democrats do like Graham and vote for him.  They are the ones who help him win the primaries.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2288 on: January 10, 2021, 04:40:26 pm »
LMAO..  You better not list on NASDAQ, or that will all change.

Yeah... ain't much fear of that... I ain't much of a joiner.  :shrug:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2289 on: January 10, 2021, 05:05:55 pm »
Twitter (TWTR)  down nearly 4% in after hours trading.  Monday might be interesting.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2290 on: January 10, 2021, 05:21:27 pm »
Twitter (TWTR)  down nearly 4% in after hours trading.  Monday might be interesting.

It was down >3% Friday morning.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2291 on: January 10, 2021, 05:30:57 pm »
It was down >3% Friday morning.

I'll enjoy seeing that bearded low life lose a few billions next week.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2292 on: January 10, 2021, 05:37:23 pm »

Rasputin has billions to burn.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2293 on: January 10, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
Rasputin has billions to burn.  :shrug:

I have heard unoffical reports that purging Trump and other conservatives may reduce Twitter traffic by 25-30%.

That is directly correlatable to revenues, hence profit. The hit his stock price might be substantial.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2294 on: January 10, 2021, 05:51:08 pm »
Meanwhile, it appears Parler has already secured a new server.  Early this morning I could log in, but all posts (all!) were gone because AWS deplatformed them.  Now when I go there, the posts are back.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2295 on: January 10, 2021, 05:54:39 pm »

I'll enjoy seeing the people working there (who demanded this censorship from their employer) to get laid off.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2296 on: January 10, 2021, 05:59:20 pm »
I'll enjoy seeing the people working there (who demanded this censorship from their employer) to get laid off.

As with other Big Tech titans (minus Apple) , their business models are lean on cash flow, and predicated on speculative equity values.

You might get your wish.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:00:11 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2297 on: January 10, 2021, 06:00:37 pm »
I have heard unoffical reports that purging Trump and other conservatives may reduce Twitter traffic by 25-30%.

That is directly correlatable to revenues, hence profit. The hit his stock price might be substantial.
It must be obvious to everyone right now but it occurred to me that Big Tech is acting as though there will never be a serious challenge to their authority again, stock price notwithstanding. No popular voter uprising, no threat from the GOP. Read between the lines.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:01:43 pm by skeeter »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2298 on: January 10, 2021, 06:02:01 pm »
You might get your wish.

And when it happens, they will blame Trump for hurting their business.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2299 on: January 10, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »
It must be obvious to everyone right now but it occurred to me that Big Tech is acting as though there will never be a serious challenge to their authority again, stock price notwithstanding. No popular voter uprising, no threat from the GOP. Read between the lines.

What is hilarious about that is that most of what they offer, that makes them think they have Americans by the short hairs is stuff that nobody really needs. Walked away from Farcebook today without a single regret. Never had twitter. Nothing Apple. Ebay or direct to retailer leaves Amazon in the dirt. The only one that will really impact me is Google, and If I have to go back to a flip phone I can do that too.

I am fixin to go scorched-earth on the big box stores too. There ain't a damn thing there I can't get otherwise, and the smaller chains need me way more than the box stores do.

Screw em. All the way. With a shovel. And a tuba.