Author Topic: Indiana Governor To Churches: Worship As I Say Or Be Shut Down  (Read 523 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Indiana Governor To Churches: Worship As I Say Or Be Shut Down

The governor is telling Christians how worship must be done and with stricter rules than for all other public gatherings. That is none of his damned business.

By Joy Pullmann
April 10, 2020

It is a fundamental aspect of constitutional law and historic American practice that no government may tell citizens how to worship. How one worships is a sacred duty that our laws and traditions have reserved entirely to  the individual’s conscience, completely outside of the bounds of government interference.

Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb, however, has decided that this natural right secured in both the Indiana and national constitutions is something he is allowed to waive. Yesterday afternoon, he demanded that churches perform services according to his edicts or be subject to government punishment.

His requirements are not only unconstitutional because they trespass on the constitutionally secured individual right to worship, they are discriminatory because they place restrictions on churches that do not apply to other organizations, groups of people, and establishments. The governor is telling Christians how worship must be done and with stricter rules than for all other public gatherings.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/10/indiana-governor-to-churches-worship-as-i-say-or-be-shut-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Indiana Governor To Churches: Worship As I Say Or Be Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 04:38:54 pm »
DEAD WRONG!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 05:05:00 pm »
DEAD WRONG!

Sad thing is he's a Republican.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 05:13:41 pm »
The immediate, red siren, glaring question is, 'Do these restrictions apply to ALL religions, or only to Christianity?'
Who is going to enforce it? Will he have government 'monitors' in all Churches to make sure Christians are obeying him?
On the face of it, it looks to be unenforceable. I'm not sure his personal 'edicts' have the force of actual Law.

Who is going to 'monitor' the Muslims? But of course we all know very well that when religious restrictions are applied to Christians, Muslims are always exempted by the Left.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 05:23:49 pm »
The immediate, red siren, glaring question is, 'Do these restrictions apply to ALL religions, or only to Christianity?'
Who is going to enforce it? Will he have government 'monitors' in all Churches to make sure Christians are obeying him?
On the face of it, it looks to be unenforceable. I'm not sure his personal 'edicts' have the force of actual Law.

Who is going to 'monitor' the Muslims? But of course we all know very well that when religious restrictions are applied to Christians, Muslims are always exempted by the Left.

Can't monitor Muslims or Mosques for any reason at any time in the U.S. anymore because the Liberals have decided that's "racial profiling".  Never mind the fact that "muslim" isn't a race.

It's only those dirty Christians and eeeeevil Jews that must be monitored and reported on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 05:51:32 pm »
Can't monitor Muslims or Mosques for any reason at any time in the U.S. anymore because the Liberals have decided that's "racial profiling".  Never mind the fact that "muslim" isn't a race.

It's only those dirty Christians and eeeeevil Jews that must be monitored and reported on.
Yep. Muslims are considered allies of the Left. Ever hear of a Muslim being forced by a Judge to bake a gay cake?
No. You have not. And you never will. Persecuting Christians while allowing violently homophobic and raping, murderously misogynist Muslims to run wild, has become a Leftist/Democrat Platform point. America is quickly becoming a nation 'unfriendly' to Christian worship. And that of course is the very goal the Leftists are going for.

But in the big picture, during this time, it is good that Muslims are exempted from the rules all of the rest of society must obey. I want them all to gather together in one big group all the time. I don't care one little bit for the health and welfare of Muslims and apparently neither does the governor. Let them do whatever they want to. I'm fine with that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:55:31 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 05:52:18 pm »
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

From the Indiana Bill of Rights:
Section 2. All men shall be secured in the natural right to worship Almighty God, according to the dictates of their own consciences.

Section 3. No law shall, in any case whatever, control the free exercise and enjoyment of religious opinions, or interfere with the rights of conscience.

Section 4. No preference shall be given, by law, to any creed, religious society, or mode of worship; and no man shall be compelled to attend, erect, or support, any place of worship, or to maintain any ministry, against his consent.
https://www.in.gov/history/2870.htm

'nuff said.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis