Author Topic: In Social Distancing Frenzy, Little Rock Suburb Takes Little Girl’s Basketball Hoop  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 In Social Distancing Frenzy, Little Rock Suburb Takes Little Girl’s Basketball Hoop

My 12-year-old daughter was playing basketball alone at the court, when a city truck drove over to her. City workers told me that they were taking down the rim to keep groups from gathering.

By Laura Vandercook
April 11, 2020

My family lives on a small mountain in a suburb of Little Rock, Arkansas, and behind our home is a city green space with a small basketball court and walking trail. Throughout our city are several of these basketball courts and trails.

The court by our house is fairly ignored. Because it is at the base of a hill, it floods during rainstorms, so my husband took it upon himself to dig a drainage canal to divert the water off the court into the creek that runs beside it.

We also called the city last year and asked them to put a net on the rim because there was none. They said that as time and money allowed they would get to it, so we bought one and put it on the rim ourselves.

Every two weeks or so, my husband goes down to the basketball court and blows it off with a backpack blower to keep the court clear of debris. We feel like the court is almost an extension of our backyard, so we try to treat it well.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/11/in-social-distancing-frenzy-little-rock-suburb-takes-little-girls-basketball-hoop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34