Author Topic: Los Angeles supervisors remove sheriff as head of emergency operations  (Read 403 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors removed Sheriff Alex Villanueva as head of the county's emergency operations center on Tuesday,  a day after he reversed an order to close gun shops amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The supervisors said the unanimous vote was in response to the 2018 Woolsey Fire that charred nearly 100,000 acres in Los Angeles and Ventura counties and destroyed a number of structures, and the need to centralize disaster operations, the Los Angeles Times reported.

“The new protocols bring Los Angeles County into alignment with modern best practices that recommend use of deeply-trained disaster management professionals to manage emergency functions that often span a full range of critical functions such as public health, housing and health services, in addition to public safety," a board statement said.

The change replaces Villanueva with the county CEO, who will be responsible for coordinating response activities.

Villanueva blasted the board's decision, calling it a "silent coup." In a statement, he said he is committed to the safety of Los Angeles County residents.

"I'm still waiting for the Board of Supervisors and CEO to provide a transition plan," he said. "In the meantime, we will maintain staffing at the County Emergency Operations Center until the county provides suitable replacements."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-supervisors-remove-sheriff-as-head-of-emergency-operations
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Gibbs' Rule #39 and #40 in play here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Probable most true gun folks should have already have gotten their gear in possession. Feel sorry for the youngster that turned 21 recently. I had a shotgun by the time I was 14, my kids had their guns much younger than that. Well until the fire in the boat house.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:19:04 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

As if his replacement will be any better.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gibbs' Rule #39 and #40 in play here.
Very much so.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

When he was for closing gun shops he was okay.
When he changed his mind, he had to go.
Got it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When he was for closing gun shops he was okay.
When he changed his mind, he had to go.
Got it.

That's about the size of it.  Craps are gonna crap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: