Author Topic: Union: 2,000 U.S. Postal Workers Are in Quarantine Across America  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Penny Starr 30 Mar 2020

The National Association of Letter Carriers reports that about 2,000 U.S. Postal Service workers are in quarantine over concerns that they were exposed to the coronavirus, with some 60 already testing positive.

More than 630,000 people are employed by the U.S. Postal Service, NJ.com reported:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/30/union-2000-u-s-postal-workers-are-in-quarantine-across-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Union: 2,000 U.S. Postal Workers Are in Quarantine Across America
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 02:30:40 pm »

The National Association of Letter Carriers reports that about 2,000 U.S. Postal Service workers are in quarantine over concerns that they were exposed to the coronavirus, with some 60 already testing positive.

More than 630,000 people are employed by the U.S. Postal Service, NJ.com reported:

That's actually better than I thought it would be.  In budget planning and organizational execution, a 5-8% absense rate of illness nature is expected and planned for.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 10:29:22 pm »
A little off-topic but just wonderin'...

Have folks here been taking any kind of "precautions" about handling the mail after it arrives?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:12:10 am »

Have folks here been taking any kind of "precautions" about handling the mail after it arrives?
I do wash my hands immediately after handing any package or envelope that is delivered.

I'm not convinced that is a major method of transmission—large crowds in confined spaces tends to be the strongest correlation right now and most evidence suggests the virus must be inhaled to infect—but it is a precaution worth taking.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 02:40:56 pm »

I have taken my outgoing mail to a postal box that has an open chute, rather than a pull down door, to send out my mail.
I don't have to contact the surface of a handle that way.