Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159315 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2000 on: May 05, 2020, 04:03:32 am »
   We briefly pause your scheduled broadcast to bring you an important announcement from our Sponsor.

@corbe Lucille looks thirsty.  I hope she ain't from Wuhan China.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2001 on: May 05, 2020, 04:44:14 am »
I get that...

The Absaroka range in WY is kinda always spelled the same but said different if you are talking of the range or the county... and said different altogether depending on where you are from. Mostly emphasis I reckon, but different. To complicate the matter, the Wind River country refers roughly to the Absarokas down there... But there's a Wind River country up here too - just east of me over the hump.

It don't matter much up in here, but you get among folks south of here and you have to stop and define things. :)

Oh, Mackinac and Mackinaw are pronounced the same.  "MACK-in-aw."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2002 on: May 05, 2020, 04:47:01 am »
Oh, Mackinac and Mackinaw are pronounced the same.  "MACK-in-aw."

Right. I know. Just looks weird as Mackinac, as I said... Mackinaw is common up in here.  :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2003 on: May 05, 2020, 04:48:38 am »
They'll play hell with it in the West. At least up in here, and in the high desert. Probably the prairie too.Too many folks still know how, and even them in town won't comply. And the governors won't go along - Not if he values his stones.
Don't leave out that those who have hunted are at least good to 3-500 yards. Maybe not as good as some of the snipers out there, but there's roughly 10 million who can handle a rifle reasonably well at a distance, and who have done it for food. Oh, and they know their rifles and optics, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2004 on: May 05, 2020, 04:54:45 am »
Don't leave out that those who have hunted are at least good to 3-500 yards. Maybe not as good as some of the snipers out there, but there's roughly 10 million who can handle a rifle reasonably well at a distance, and who have done it for food. Oh, and they know their rifles and optics, too.

Yeah... And know the ground they're standing on. Took em 20 year on the bald ass mountains of Afghanistan (with our sons)... How long till the Rockies fall? Shoot, even your badlands. Or the Missouri breaks. A feller can get dug in like a tick.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2005 on: May 05, 2020, 04:58:24 am »
Yeah... And know the ground they're standing on. Took em 20 year on the bald ass mountains of Afghanistan (with our sons)... How long till the Rockies fall? Shoot, even your badlands. Or the Missouri breaks. A feller can get dug in like a tick.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2006 on: May 05, 2020, 05:47:01 am »
05-05-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.228 ↑  2.527 ↓
United States  2.689 ↑  6.450 ↓
China 16.785 ↑  1.066 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 534,811
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 23.7 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 32.5 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2007 on: May 05, 2020, 06:14:37 am »
Thanks, @Hoodat!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2008 on: May 05, 2020, 07:27:35 am »
Seems to me us old codgers have earned the right to do whatever we damned well please.

Like my wife says...   I've practiced social distancing for 40 years now.  Always called it "personal space". 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2009 on: May 05, 2020, 01:44:45 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/us/coronavirus-updates.html#link-7b42d0f5
The Trump administration projects about 3,000 daily deaths by early June.

more at link

@Once-Ler

We are all adults here,so we should all know by this time that sometimes despite doing everything you can do as well as you can do it,it just won't be good enough.

That's just life in the real world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2010 on: May 05, 2020, 01:53:20 pm »

I think the frustration that many are feeling about restrictions should be understood for what it is.   Frustration with the disease itself.

@musiclady

Exactly! The frustration that comes from feeling helpless. We,or at least most of us,are raised to believe in the triumph of good over evil,and that we,as Americans,can defeat any wrong,including contagious diseases.

That's just not 100 percent true and a sudden dose of reality is hard for a lot of people to deal with.

The results of being wrong in his case are hard for everyone to deal with.

BUT.....,given a little time,those who survive will get over it,and move on with their normal lives.

It's called "Life in the real world",and this is coming from someone that is in the high-risk category.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:54:24 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2011 on: May 05, 2020, 01:59:13 pm »
I'm convinced.  No more seat-belts or exercise for me /sarc

Seriously @jmyrlefuller I think that is a flawed argument.  The President's 15 day, and 30 day pause were so our healthcare system could catch up with the virus.  It bought time to build beds, and buy PPE and ventilators.  It did work.  NY cases have dropped significantly.  Now infections and deaths are rising in other area, and the supplies we have replenished can be utilized in those areas to reduce deaths.

I fear the states opening back up before it was safe, like GA, will once again have to shut down to protect their population before they are forced to.  The well run states don't want to be burdened by the irresponsible states, and eventually the states themselves are going to have to ban travel to states with renewed epidemics.

We'll likely have a better idea how well reducing restrictions worked in a few weeks.

@Once-Ler

For once,I am in complete agreement with everything you wrote.

You  might want to mark this date on your calendar,because it's not likely to happen again.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2012 on: May 05, 2020, 02:11:39 pm »
Update on my niece and her family.

Saturday her husband was starting to feel better. He’s quarantined in their master bedroom with the en suite bathroom and felt well enough to post on FB. Then Saturday night his fever spiked high again along with a new symptom – nausea. He said the chills (teeth chattering/body shaking chills), the severe body aches and exhaustion are the worst to deal with so far. That and he gets dizzy when walking to the bathroom.

Yesterday she had to take her daughter Lilly to the doctors as she now had a high fever, sore throat, etc. She tested negative for strep and they are waiting on the results of the COVD-19 test.  I’m not sure how or where she is quarantining Lilly as she shares a bedroom with one sister and a central bathroom with all four.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2013 on: May 05, 2020, 03:05:20 pm »
A couple of scientific developments:
Los Alamos has determined that the strain of the virus that hit Wuhan was not the same as the one that ravaged the United States and Europe. The latter, more lethal, appears to have split off in Europe before it arrived here—which would explain why the virus was slower and perceived as less of a threat before March because the earlier, less virulent strain arrived first. (Don't regard the alarmist headline calling it a "new" strain)
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original

But more recent mutations seem to be destroying the virus, mirroring a similar destruction of the SARS virus, according to Arizona State University.
https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/new-mutation-indicates-that-coronavirus-might-be-weakening-study/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2014 on: May 05, 2020, 03:45:27 pm »
A couple of scientific developments:
Los Alamos has determined that the strain of the virus that hit Wuhan was not the same as the one that ravaged the United States and Europe. The latter, more lethal, appears to have split off in Europe before it arrived here—which would explain why the virus was slower and perceived as less of a threat before March because the earlier, less virulent strain arrived first. (Don't regard the alarmist headline calling it a "new" strain)
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original

But more recent mutations seem to be destroying the virus, mirroring a similar destruction of the SARS virus, according to Arizona State University.
https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/new-mutation-indicates-that-coronavirus-might-be-weakening-study/

@jmyrlefuller

Thank you for posting that. I heard just a tiny slice of that on the news the other day,but not enough to "put it together".

Offline corbe

« Reply #2015 on: May 05, 2020, 04:20:57 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2016 on: May 05, 2020, 04:33:31 pm »
@Once-Ler

For once,I am in complete agreement with everything you wrote.

You  might want to mark this date on your calendar,because it's not likely to happen again.
@sneakypete done  :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2017 on: May 05, 2020, 10:10:57 pm »
@musiclady

Exactly! The frustration that comes from feeling helpless. We,or at least most of us,are raised to believe in the triumph of good over evil,and that we,as Americans,can defeat any wrong,including contagious diseases.

That's just not 100 percent true and a sudden dose of reality is hard for a lot of people to deal with.

The results of being wrong in his case are hard for everyone to deal with.

BUT.....,given a little time,those who survive will get over it,and move on with their normal lives.

It's called "Life in the real world",and this is coming from someone that is in the high-risk category.

Really good points............. especially the one about not being in control, and feeling helpless.

I think a lot of people tend to want to lash out and blame someone without really centering in on what's to blame.

This is new territory for all of us, and it's just plain hard.

You take care of yourself, @sneakypete .   

I hope people around you wear masks, not for themselves, but for you.  That's what it's all about.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2018 on: May 05, 2020, 10:43:54 pm »
Some numbers from CT:

Date   Infect     Daily   Deaths    Daily
            Total       Inc      Total       Inc
4/28     26,312   315     2,089     77
4/29     26,767   455     2,168     79
4/30     27,700   933     2,257     89
5/1      28,764    1,064  2,339     82
5/2      29,287    523      2,436     97
5/3      29,973    686      2,495     59
5/4      30,173    200      2,556     61
5/5      30,621    448      2,633     77

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2019 on: May 05, 2020, 11:09:24 pm »
Reporting on our trip to the dentist yesterday (we both had appointments, my husband for a crown replacement and me for cleaning and an Xray).

They had the questionnaire on the door going in, asking us not to come in if we had been exposed.  They had hand sanitizer in the (downstairs) lobby.

We went upstairs to the reception area where they took our temps.  The chairs were spaced for social distancing.

The cleaning was more like the old-fashioned kind because they weren't using the newer spray cleaning because of increased aerosols.  The hygienist had a face shield and goggles (temporary until the full ones arrive).  The dentist had neither.

We were told that if we had any symptoms show up in the next two weeks, to let them know.

Everybody was very glad to see other people.  The dentists were thrilled to get back to work, and overall it was a very positive, almost normal experience.

I would say they complied with the spirit of the guidelines, because in the end, we all want to stay safe.

@mountaineer

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online libertybele

« Reply #2020 on: May 05, 2020, 11:15:28 pm »
Update on my niece and her family.

Saturday her husband was starting to feel better. He’s quarantined in their master bedroom with the en suite bathroom and felt well enough to post on FB. Then Saturday night his fever spiked high again along with a new symptom – nausea. He said the chills (teeth chattering/body shaking chills), the severe body aches and exhaustion are the worst to deal with so far. That and he gets dizzy when walking to the bathroom.

Yesterday she had to take her daughter Lilly to the doctors as she now had a high fever, sore throat, etc. She tested negative for strep and they are waiting on the results of the COVD-19 test.  I’m not sure how or where she is quarantining Lilly as she shares a bedroom with one sister and a central bathroom with all four.

Wow.  Prayers up for your family @Neverdul       :0001:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2021 on: May 05, 2020, 11:38:16 pm »

I think a lot of people tend to want to lash out and blame someone without really centering in on what's to blame.

Well,there are a couple of billion  people living in China,but not ALL of them are to blame. Besides,there are more than a few 'murikans that gleefully helped this expand so they could exploit it in the hopes that America would die off and be replaced as a cog in the machine to be known as "World Wide Government,Inc".

Which is really just a fancy and complicated way to say "Global Fascism".

You take care of yourself, @sneakypete .   

I hope people around you wear masks, not for themselves, but for you.  That's what it's all about.

You too,and thanks.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2022 on: May 05, 2020, 11:38:31 pm »
Some numbers from CT:

Date   Infect     Daily   Deaths    Daily
            Total       Inc      Total       Inc
4/28     26,312   315     2,089     77
4/29     26,767   455     2,168     79
4/30     27,700   933     2,257     89
5/1      28,764    1,064  2,339     82
5/2      29,287    523      2,436     97
5/3      29,973    686      2,495     59
5/4      30,173    200      2,556     61
5/5      30,621    448      2,633     77

Wow.   Those daily increases are consistently high. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2023 on: May 06, 2020, 02:27:01 am »
05-06-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.313 ↑  2.498 ↓
United States  2.776 ↑  6.169 ↓
China 16.804 ↑  1.065 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 545,847
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 24.5 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 33.1 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #2024 on: May 06, 2020, 02:43:17 am »
Wow.   Those daily increases are consistently high.

Same with FL -- I've been keeping track for the past 6 weeks (FL thread) and in one month the numbers of cases have tripled and deaths are 5 times higher. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.