Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159322 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1950 on: May 04, 2020, 10:05:48 pm »
Coronavirus model projects 134,000 deaths in US, nearly double its last estimate

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

I'm not buying the "estimates."   The models have proven worse than useless, as it created the panic and drives the "science" being used to deprive us of our constitutional rights.  They're upping the estimates because they are trying to stop Governors from lifting their unconstitutional restrictions.

the "lockdowns" served their purpose, it gave hospitals a chance to beef up their inventories.  They have done so, to the point they have spit-masks to spare now.  They still are not available for the public, and you still can't buy Purell from Amazon. 

(Those masks they keep showing people wearing are not designed to filter out Rona, they are designed to catch spittle from sick people.  The homemade ones don't even do that.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1951 on: May 04, 2020, 10:19:25 pm »
I'm not buying the "estimates."   The models have proven worse than useless, as it created the panic and drives the "science" being used to deprive us of our constitutional rights.  They're upping the estimates because they are trying to stop Governors from lifting their unconstitutional restrictions.

the "lockdowns" served their purpose, it gave hospitals a chance to beef up their inventories.  They have done so, to the point they have spit-masks to spare now.  They still are not available for the public, and you still can't buy Purell from Amazon. 

(Those masks they keep showing people wearing are not designed to filter out Rona, they are designed to catch spittle from sick people.  The homemade ones don't even do that.)

Like I said about the graph early on, "Oh look, the virus has it's own hockey stick."
The models are based on estimates and extrapolations from incomplete and possibly flawed (intentionally) data.
It is highly likely the denominator ( number of cases) is grossly low, and the numerator (number of deaths) has been inflated.

GIGO
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:20:17 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1952 on: May 04, 2020, 10:23:43 pm »
I'm convinced.  No more seat-belts or exercise for me /sarc

Seriously @jmyrlefuller I think that is a flawed argument.  The President's 15 day, and 30 day pause were so our healthcare system could catch up with the virus.  It bought time to build beds, and buy PPE and ventilators.  It did work.  NY cases have dropped significantly.  Now infections and deaths are rising in other area, and the supplies we have replenished can be utilized in those areas to reduce deaths.

I fear the states opening back up before it was safe, like GA, will once again have to shut down to protect their population before they are forced to.  The well run states don't want to be burdened by the irresponsible states, and eventually the states themselves are going to have to ban travel to states with renewed epidemics.

We'll likely have a better idea how well reducing restrictions worked in a few weeks.
I don't disagree with you on that—and to an extent I was being facetious. There are places like New York where it has worked very well. But even in New York State, you see a disparity. On one hand, New York City is working great. But go upstate to Buffalo, and they've been stuck on a plateau, if not a slight increase, for weeks now. This despite the same policies, the same timing, and as far as we can tell, the same compliance. So what's the difference? Is more of Buffalo's workforce "essential" and unable to work from home? NYC certainly has a lot of workers working white-collar jobs that can be done from home, which isn't true for a lot of metro areas, and the health care industry seems to have a bigger impact on Buffalo's economy, putting more of their denizens at risk. Do more Buffalonians live with their extended families?

You see that in a lot of places where the initial impact was not as hard as it was in NYC, especially on the West Coast. That's another trouble when it comes to looking at nationwide numbers: this virus did not hit the country all at once. You're seeing a bunch of little curves pop up at different times.

But you look at NYC, and it took an extraordinary effort—and possibly a small amount of herd immunity from starting the process so late—to achieve the results they did.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1953 on: May 04, 2020, 10:28:37 pm »
05-04-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.133 ↑  2.553 ↓
United States  2.599 ↑  6.665 ↓
China 16.774 ↑  1.066 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 516,971
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 23.3 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 31.8 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1954 on: May 04, 2020, 10:50:08 pm »
Pay attention. I've told you this before.

A SARS vaccine was developed in response to the 2002 outbreak, but was never sold since public health measures got the disease under control before it was ready.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1955 on: May 04, 2020, 11:08:52 pm »
Pay attention. I've told you this before.

A SARS vaccine was developed in response to the 2002 outbreak, but was never sold since public health measures got the disease under control before it was ready.

That's true.  It's true of many "orphan" drugs that have been developed and tested over the years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1956 on: May 04, 2020, 11:47:16 pm »
That's true.  It's true of many "orphan" drugs that have been developed and tested over the years.

They have had enough time to come up with a vaccine. By the time they do, it will also be an orphan. Not that it matters. I wouldn't take it anyway.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1957 on: May 04, 2020, 11:51:50 pm »
They have had enough time to come up with a vaccine. By the time they do, it will also be an orphan. Not that it matters. I wouldn't take it anyway.

Me neither. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1958 on: May 05, 2020, 12:02:49 am »
Me neither.

According to articles that's I've been reading -- states (FL for one) will be mandating everyone getting the vaccine, or they will have to be quarantined .... we all know what that has been like. We've been under house arrest for over a month.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/02/fact-check-florida-could-order-covid-19-vaccination-but-not-right-now/3043319001/

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/04/22/anti-vaccine-advocates-urge-abbott-against-mandating-coronavirus-vaccine/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1959 on: May 05, 2020, 12:03:54 am »
According to articles that's I've been reading -- states (FL for one) will be mandating everyone getting the vaccine, or they will have to be quarantined .... we all know what that has been like. We've been under house arrest for over a month.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/02/fact-check-florida-could-order-covid-19-vaccination-but-not-right-now/3043319001/

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/04/22/anti-vaccine-advocates-urge-abbott-against-mandating-coronavirus-vaccine/
Without testing for antibodies?

Oh, that will make someone feel great. Not to mention the additives.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1960 on: May 05, 2020, 12:13:24 am »
I fear the states opening back up before it was safe, like GA, will once again have to shut down to protect their population before they are forced to.  The well run states don't want to be burdened by the irresponsible states, and eventually the states themselves are going to have to ban travel to states with renewed epidemics.

We'll likely have a better idea how well reducing restrictions worked in a few weeks.

It really doesn't matter. Reality must assert itself. You don't work, you don't eat. You don't work for months you die. Doesn't matter if the full weight of the federal government wants it otherwise or not.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1961 on: May 05, 2020, 12:13:29 am »
Without testing for antibodies?

Oh, that will make someone feel great. Not to mention the additives.

I see a mandatory vaccine for this as frightening.  Now that we've been under house arrest, we'll be threatened to either get the vaccine or be quarantined.  I see a whole lot of civil unrest on the horizon and its very difficult these days to remain positive.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1962 on: May 05, 2020, 12:16:19 am »
I see a mandatory vaccine for this as frightening.  Now that we've been under house arrest, we'll be threatened to either get the vaccine or be quarantined.  I see a whole lot of civil unrest on the horizon and its very difficult these days to remain positive.
You may be right. I haven't had a vaccine since my last tetanus shot, and that has been a while.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1963 on: May 05, 2020, 12:30:41 am »

I will not comply.  I don't have to, because I'm retired.  Go ahead and tell me I cant go anywhere...I don't want to!  I'm happy in my little Castle!
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1964 on: May 05, 2020, 12:39:02 am »
I will not comply.  I don't have to, because I'm retired.  Go ahead and tell me I cant go anywhere...I don't want to!  I'm happy in my little Castle!

Me neither. Mark-of-the-beast sh*t goin on here. Not gonna happen.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1965 on: May 05, 2020, 12:47:04 am »
Me neither. Mark-of-the-beast sh*t goin on here. Not gonna happen.

Seems to me us old codgers have earned the right to do whatever we damned well please. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1966 on: May 05, 2020, 12:49:16 am »
Seems to me us old codgers have earned the right to do whatever we damned well please.

Not quite yet. Can't poop myself in public. Gotta wait another twenty years or so for that... So I satisfy myself with the ol 'Pull my finger' trick.  :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1967 on: May 05, 2020, 12:53:49 am »

I hear where you're coming from ... but they could easily shut off your social security ... the state could shut off your pension $$ that you may be getting ... they could also freeze your assets and investments ... all this we take for granted that they wouldn't do because it would be unconstitutional and illegal ... but so is putting all of us under house arrest which they just did.  Just sayin'.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1968 on: May 05, 2020, 12:57:27 am »
I hear where you're coming from ... but they could easily shut off your social security ... the state could shut off your pension $$ that you may be getting ... they could also freeze your assets and investments ... all this we take for granted that they wouldn't do because it would be unconstitutional and illegal ... but so is putting all of us under house arrest which they just did.  Just sayin'.

Sure they could do that with SS.  If they were to go so far as to say one can't live without a vaccine, my little voice will be the last of their worries.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1969 on: May 05, 2020, 12:58:23 am »
Not quite yet. Can't poop myself in public. Gotta wait another twenty years or so for that... So I satisfy myself with the ol 'Pull my finger' trick.  :laugh:

You can poop yourself in public if you move to San Francisco.  It's encouraged on Castro. :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1970 on: May 05, 2020, 12:59:55 am »

Yeah. But they can't shut off the Bank of Ball and Mason. I need a shovel and a map to make a withdrawal, but silver's making better money sitting in the ground than I have ever made from a bank.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1971 on: May 05, 2020, 01:12:43 am »
Sure they could do that with SS.  If they were to go so far as to say one can't live without a vaccine, my little voice will be the last of their worries.

Perhaps not.  This is another possible scenario; IF they do decide to make vaccines mandatory, or else be quarantined; will we be quarantined in our homes or will we be mandated to quarantine in a gov't facility for the protection of others?  Those that don't comply will be dealt with quietly and swiftly until the public catches on and by that time, it will be too late.

I know by now you're raising your eyebrows and shaking your head but I am reflecting back on several different supposed conspiracy theories over the past decade --- American gulags, Jade Helm, U.N. hubs within the U.S., etc, etc... they seem to fit quite nicely into this scenario. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1972 on: May 05, 2020, 01:19:17 am »
Yeah. But they can't shut off the Bank of Ball and Mason. I need a shovel and a map to make a withdrawal, but silver's making better money sitting in the ground than I have ever made from a bank.

@roamer_1  You are much better situated and prepared than most.  I've prepared to a degree as well, but my mistake was hesitating to move out of the area into someplace secluded and remote as I opted to stay close to family.  That doesn't look to be working out so well now.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1973 on: May 05, 2020, 01:20:58 am »
Perhaps not.  This is another possible scenario; IF they do decide to make vaccines mandatory, or else be quarantined; will we be quarantined in our homes or will we be mandated to quarantine in a gov't facility for the protection of others?  Those that don't comply will be dealt with quietly and swiftly until the public catches on and by that time, it will be too late.

I know by now you're raising your eyebrows and shaking your head but I am reflecting back on several different supposed conspiracy theories over the past decade --- American gulags, Jade Helm, U.N. hubs within the U.S., etc, etc... they seem to fit quite nicely into this scenario.

They'll play hell with it in the West. At least up in here, and in the high desert. Probably the prairie too.Too many folks still know how, and even them in town won't comply. And the governors won't go along - Not if he values his stones.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1974 on: May 05, 2020, 01:28:04 am »
They'll play hell with it in the West. At least up in here, and in the high desert. Probably the prairie too.Too many folks still know how, and even them in town won't comply. And the governors won't go along - Not if he values his stones.

We'll just go back to shooting the Revenuers.
I will NOT comply.