Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159327 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1975 on: May 05, 2020, 01:29:31 am »
@roamer_1  You are much better situated and prepared than most.  I've prepared to a degree as well, but my mistake was hesitating to move out of the area into someplace secluded and remote as I opted to stay close to family.  That doesn't look to be working out so well now.

I made a similar choice when I moved to Phoenix.  Those reasons all eventually expired, hence the move out of the city when I got a chance to retire.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #1976 on: May 05, 2020, 01:29:45 am »
They'll play hell with it in the West. At least up in here, and in the high desert. Probably the prairie too.Too many folks still know how, and even them in town won't comply. And the governors won't go along - Not if he values his stones.

888high58888  I won't comply and I won't go down without a fight ... but ... I'm definitely in the wrong part of the country to prevail.

Unfortunately, our very conservative sheriff retired and it certainly looks like our governor is selling us out.

Perhaps I am wrong about all of this and things aren't as dire as I see them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1977 on: May 05, 2020, 01:33:02 am »
I made a similar choice when I moved to Phoenix.  Those reasons all eventually expired, hence the move out of the city when I got a chance to retire.

You are fortunate that you made that move. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1978 on: May 05, 2020, 01:33:21 am »
@roamer_1  You are much better situated and prepared than most.  I've prepared to a degree as well, but my mistake was hesitating to move out of the area into someplace secluded and remote as I opted to stay close to family.  That doesn't look to be working out so well now.

If there is a single dang thing I owe my Old Man, it's for tearing us up out of the city in my youth and hauling us all out here, root and branch. It was his thinkin, not my own. Don't get me wrong, he was a thinkin man, and a master of many crafts. I owe him for most of what is in me.

But though he married a pretty little redneck gal, and one that was still putting up, even in Chicago suburbs, this environment was foreign to him, and a lot of it he never did adopt. But because of him, I grew up in my element. And that generational wisdom was an investment in him, that paid off in me.

I would recommend that same thing to you - pick em up and move em out. It won't be perfect, but it will be in the next generation, comin up growin on an acreage with dogs and horses and critters, with hunting and trapping and gardens and canning...

It was incredibly painful at the time, leaving those we love so dearly... But look at what we are. My whole family back there has a foothold in the wilderness. And folks that know how.

Get out of the way of it. It's comin.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1979 on: May 05, 2020, 01:34:44 am »
You are fortunate that you made that move.

The timing was God's choice, and it worked out great, as it usually does when I let Him drive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1980 on: May 05, 2020, 01:35:39 am »
We'll just go back to shooting the Revenuers.

LOL! Like that ever quit...  :beer:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

888high58888

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1981 on: May 05, 2020, 01:41:31 am »
888high58888  I won't comply and I won't go down without a fight ... but ... I'm definitely in the wrong part of the country to prevail.

Unfortunately, our very conservative sheriff retired and it certainly looks like our governor is selling us out.

Perhaps I am wrong about all of this and things aren't as dire as I see them.

Appalachia ain't afar, nor are the Ozarks, or the UP...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1982 on: May 05, 2020, 01:43:29 am »
Appalachia ain't afar, nor are the Ozarks, or the UP...

I can't imagine 'Bele as a Yooper.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1983 on: May 05, 2020, 01:55:51 am »

Naw. She'd make a Yooper alright... Though she'd be at a language deficit. Yoopers lean heavy across the bridge and toward Canucks for their speech

Online corbe

« Reply #1984 on: May 05, 2020, 02:01:15 am »
   We briefly pause your scheduled broadcast to bring you an important announcement from our Sponsor.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1985 on: May 05, 2020, 02:07:50 am »

Yes, and you would be correct -- been up in the UP several times and its beautiful -- but way too cold.  Both of us hated Michigan and fate caused us to move to FL.  As for family -- for the most part it's unfortunately irrevocably destroyed, so really no longer a factor other than deep emotional ties.

Yes, we've thought about both the Ozarks and Northern Georgia; we've been to the Ozarks, but never been to Blue Ridge Mts. ...

Online libertybele

« Reply #1986 on: May 05, 2020, 02:08:46 am »
   We briefly pause your scheduled broadcast to bring you an important announcement from our Sponsor.

Aye, ya, ya .... you made me laugh. Thank you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1987 on: May 05, 2020, 02:11:36 am »
Naw. She'd make a Yooper alright... Though she'd be at a language deficit. Yoopers lean heavy across the bridge and toward Canucks for their speech

That's a heckuva bridge across Lake Superior, and Sault Ste. Marie is not exactly part of the Yoopers.  Me, I was a Troll, from under the Bridge (Mackinac).  We had Windsor, Ontario across the St. Clair from Deetroit.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1988 on: May 05, 2020, 02:13:42 am »
Yes, and you would be correct -- been up in the UP several times and its beautiful -- but way too cold.  Both of us hated Michigan and fate caused us to move to FL.  As for family -- for the most part it's unfortunately irrevocably destroyed, so really no longer a factor other than deep emotional ties.

Yes, we've thought about both the Ozarks and Northern Georgia; we've been to the Ozarks, but never been to Blue Ridge Mts. ...

My brother live in Marquette for a few years, in the early 80's.  He left there and ended up on Oahu for as long as I lived in Phoenix.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1989 on: May 05, 2020, 02:17:21 am »

Ah, and maybe the Big Swamp too... FL might tolerate that more than I... I don't do gators and poisonous snakes... And naturally look to the hills (whence cometh my help) ... Different thinkin.

But the Ozarks... That's somethin. A whole lot of hillbillies and homesteaders all up in there. maybe not as enclaved as Appalachia is likely getting. But for me, there is nothin but the wide open West, and the hillbilly heaven that is these Rocky Mountains.

Here, and the big swamp, will be the last to fall.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1990 on: May 05, 2020, 02:21:48 am »
That's a heckuva bridge across Lake Superior, and Sault Ste. Marie is not exactly part of the Yoopers.  Me, I was a Troll, from under the Bridge (Mackinac).  We had Windsor, Ontario across the St. Clair from Deetroit.

I meant the Mack... Yoopers sound more Wisconsin/Minnesota than they do Detroit/Anne Arbor.
And with that comes a lot of Canada in the language...Just like here.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1991 on: May 05, 2020, 02:23:01 am »
Funny seeing Mackinac spelled out btw... I forget.
It's Mackinaw out here.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1992 on: May 05, 2020, 02:24:22 am »
We The People

That is what needs to be pounded into people's  heads.

No one should feel like they need to run. Not anymore.

We are fast approaching the point where there will be no place to run to. No place to hide.

Screw it.

I AM SPARTACUS.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #1993 on: May 05, 2020, 02:25:04 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1994 on: May 05, 2020, 02:35:24 am »
I meant the Mack... Yoopers sound more Wisconsin/Minnesota than they do Detroit/Anne Arbor.
And with that comes a lot of Canada in the language...Just like here.

Ja.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1995 on: May 05, 2020, 02:36:51 am »
Funny seeing Mackinac spelled out btw... I forget.
It's Mackinaw out here.

That's the fudge factory...lol  It's spelt Mackinac. 
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1996 on: May 05, 2020, 02:56:42 am »
That's the fudge factory...lol  It's spelt Mackinac.

Nope. Different.

The native lake trout here is called Namaycootsh (sp?) by the Salish... But it's a Mackinaw to everyone else. Same with the coat. Though it is a different thing out here... an Arctic Parka is called a Mackinaw.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1997 on: May 05, 2020, 03:17:25 am »
Nope. Different.

The native lake trout here is called Namaycootsh (sp?) by the Salish... But it's a Mackinaw to everyone else. Same with the coat. Though it is a different thing out here... an Arctic Parka is called a Mackinaw.

The name of the city on the LP side of the Bridge is spelt "Mackinaw City."  The Bridge and the Island are named "Mackinac."  We did that to confuse the tourists.

It's like where I live.  It's the Mojave Desert, and the County I live in is named Mohave.  Saguaro Cactus is also spelt Sahuaro.   tri22
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1998 on: May 05, 2020, 03:51:19 am »
The name of the city on the LP side of the Bridge is spelt "Mackinaw City."  The Bridge and the Island are named "Mackinac."  We did that to confuse the tourists.

It's like where I live.  It's the Mojave Desert, and the County I live in is named Mohave.  Saguaro Cactus is also spelt Sahuaro.   tri22

I get that...

The Absaroka range in WY is kinda always spelled the same but said different if you are talking of the range or the county... and said different altogether depending on where you are from. Mostly emphasis I reckon, but different. To complicate the matter, the Wind River country refers roughly to the Absarokas down there... But there's a Wind River country up here too - just east of me over the hump.

It don't matter much up in here, but you get among folks south of here and you have to stop and define things. :)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1999 on: May 05, 2020, 03:54:55 am »
I don't disagree with you on that—and to an extent I was being facetious. There are places like New York where it has worked very well. But even in New York State, you see a disparity. On one hand, New York City is working great. But go upstate to Buffalo, and they've been stuck on a plateau, if not a slight increase, for weeks now. This despite the same policies, the same timing, and as far as we can tell, the same compliance. So what's the difference? Is more of Buffalo's workforce "essential" and unable to work from home? NYC certainly has a lot of workers working white-collar jobs that can be done from home, which isn't true for a lot of metro areas, and the health care industry seems to have a bigger impact on Buffalo's economy, putting more of their denizens at risk. Do more Buffalonians live with their extended families?

You see that in a lot of places where the initial impact was not as hard as it was in NYC, especially on the West Coast. That's another trouble when it comes to looking at nationwide numbers: this virus did not hit the country all at once. You're seeing a bunch of little curves pop up at different times.

But you look at NYC, and it took an extraordinary effort—and possibly a small amount of herd immunity from starting the process so late—to achieve the results they did.

Fair enough.  Thank you for your reply and stay healthy @jmyrlefuller