Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159318 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1500 on: April 20, 2020, 03:30:48 pm »
Very true.  The part I highlighted is important to note, because too much post-surgical pain is actually a detriment to recovery.

@Cyber Liberty

Yup! The "trick" is to reduce it to a manageable level,not eliminate it. Eliminate it entirely,and you might do foolish crap like go dancing. Sometimes on table tops.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1501 on: April 20, 2020, 03:42:42 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Yup! The "trick" is to reduce it to a manageable level,not eliminate it. Eliminate it entirely,and you might do foolish crap like go dancing. Sometimes on table tops.

I'll  tell you how I know it:  I had two hip replacement in two years, and I had to report my pain levels on a scale from 1-10 of how much I hurt.  I NEVER medicated the pain-level to zero, because if I did that I would never know if I was taking too much.  Keeping a 1 or 2 level pain told me I was not in that situation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1502 on: April 20, 2020, 03:44:18 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Jose Cuervo told me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1503 on: April 20, 2020, 04:05:25 pm »
Ughhhhhh....

Oil down 29% overnight @$13.09/bbl.  Demand has dwindled significantly.

Rollercoaster begins again in earnest.
I saw WTI at $11 this morning, which means we are getting around $6....INSANITY.  Of course this month's contract is rolling over into the next and no one has room for delivery.  I've been trying to find some cheap frac tanks for sale to store some of our oil, but even those are expensive.  Anyone have some cheap in Texas?

The majors stocks are actually holding up pretty well today.  I was expecting a pretty good drop and was gonna nibble on some, but...….oh well. @catfish1957

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1504 on: April 20, 2020, 04:06:57 pm »
Bakken Crude (ND Sweet Light) down below $10/bbl.

We are now in Armageddon territory.  The spigot will be squeezing down to a drip in 3..2...1....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1505 on: April 20, 2020, 04:10:03 pm »
I saw WTI at $11 this morning, which means we are getting around $6....INSANITY.  Of course this month's contract is rolling over into the next and no one has room for delivery.  I've been trying to find some cheap frac tanks for sale to store some of our oil, but even those are expensive.  Anyone have some cheap in Texas?

The majors stocks are actually holding up pretty well today.  I was expecting a pretty good drop and was gonna nibble on some, but...….oh well. @catfish1957

$10/bbl oil is not a sustainable low price for an industrial world.  There are some folks out there making a future speculative killing right now.  Especially if some small players shake out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1506 on: April 20, 2020, 04:23:04 pm »
We are now in Armageddon territory.  The spigot will be squeezing down to a drip in 3..2...1....
Helms: North Dakota's oil and gas industry has shut in at least 260,000 barrels of oil production
https://www.willistonherald.com/news/coronavirus/helms-north-dakotas-oil-and-gas-industry-has-shut-in-at-least-260-000-barrels/article_a8d3e4de-7e9b-11ea-8dbe-1ffaaf1e8312.html

Bakken regulator talks latest pandemic developments: 4,600 oil wells idled, new tank farms on horizon
https://bismarcktribune.com/bakken/bakken-regulator-talks-latest-pandemic-developments-4-600-oil-wells-idled-new-tank-farms-on/article_c9d06c8e-36ae-50fd-b34d-1b0f5b7b8561.html

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #1507 on: April 20, 2020, 04:25:38 pm »
What are 'COVID toes'? Dermatologists, podiatrists share strange findings
Maura Hohman
3 days ago

The longer the novel coronavirus circulates, the more unexpected symptoms pop up.

Now, another condition possibly linked to the coronavirus has captured researchers' attention. Dubbed "COVID toes" by the dermatology community, it can look like "purple lesions" on feet or hands, Dr. Esther Freeman, a dermatologist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, told TODAY. ...   But because COVID toes may appear before or without other coronavirus symptoms, Freeman believes it should be a criterion for testing.  ...

The condition usually starts with red or purple discoloration, and the skin may become raised or develop ulcerations, according to Freeman. It can be on hands, too.

Fox told TODAY it has appeared as "purple, red bumps" on the tips of digits and pads, or on the tops of toes or sides of feet.

People with COVID toes may feel the skin is hot, burning or itchy.   ... More, including photos, at MSN

There has to be several different strains circulating out there or it's mutating, unfortunately.  I would think that there possibly being different strains and mutation very plausible, it is going to make, making a vaccine very difficult.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1508 on: April 20, 2020, 04:29:54 pm »
There has to be several different strains circulating out there or it's mutating, unfortunately.  I would think that there possibly being different strains and mutation very plausible, it is going to make, making a vaccine very difficult.

Pathologists have learned to look for "COVID eyes" and "COVID toes."  They are official symptoms of the infection.  And, it's related to situations like the celebrity fellow who had to have a leg amputated.  Thrombosis is the culprit.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:31:57 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1509 on: April 20, 2020, 04:38:13 pm »
Pathologists have learned to look for "COVID eyes" and "COVID toes."  They are official symptoms of the infection.  And, it's related to situations like the celebrity fellow who had to have a leg amputated.  Thrombosis is the culprit.

Nick Cordero - leg amputated

Only 41 years old.  Messy stuff.

(He was a guest star on Blue Bloods, which is why I know who he is).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1510 on: April 20, 2020, 04:39:48 pm »

Thank Yew!!  I couldn't remember the name, so I went with the generic "celebrity guy."
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1511 on: April 20, 2020, 04:43:18 pm »
More than 1800 inmates test positive at Marion Correctional (Ohio)

Why congregate setting are still dangerous.  Many of those who tested positive are asymptomatic.

The only death so far is a correctional officer.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1512 on: April 20, 2020, 04:44:35 pm »
Thank Yew!!  I couldn't remember the name, so I went with the generic "celebrity guy."

No problem!   :beer:   I only knew who he was because we watch a lot of Blue Bloods, and he's been on more than one.

Broadway guy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1513 on: April 20, 2020, 04:50:07 pm »

Why congregate setting are still dangerous.  Many of those who tested positive are asymptomatic.

@musiclady

Someone correct me if I am wrong,but isn't it possible to test positive for it,and not be or get sick from it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1514 on: April 20, 2020, 04:55:14 pm »

Yet another reason to be annoyed at elected officials turning prisoners loose on society, while curtailing self-defense purchases.   9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1515 on: April 20, 2020, 04:56:06 pm »
@musiclady

Someone correct me if I am wrong,but isn't it possible to test positive for it,and not be or get sick from it?

Yes.  That's true for quite a few, I think.

(I hope I'm one!  :laugh:)

Some have no symptoms, though, and get them later.  It's a crazy virus.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1516 on: April 20, 2020, 04:56:43 pm »
@musiclady

@sneakypete

Absolutely correct!  It's also possible to get a false negative, where one can be affirmed "not infected," but still be a carrier.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1517 on: April 20, 2020, 04:57:30 pm »

I've been binge watching Blue Bloods and am about halfway through.  Who was he? @musiclady

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1518 on: April 20, 2020, 04:57:52 pm »
Yet another reason to be annoyed at elected officials turning prisoners loose on society, while curtailing self-defense purchases.   9999hair out0000

Selected non-violent offenders with intense supervision and mandatory quarantine should take care of it.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1519 on: April 20, 2020, 04:58:43 pm »
Our local cookie factory has 50 confirmed cases with more hitting daily.  They have over 300 workers.  Craaaap…..

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1520 on: April 20, 2020, 05:00:25 pm »
I've been binge watching Blue Bloods and am about halfway through.  Who was he? @musiclady

He was the smart mouthed guy who hijacked the truck, knee capped the driver, called Danny "Defective," and then came back and rode with Danny to find a criminal (kept playing Candy Crush on his phone).

We just watched those!  (Fresh in my memory!  happy77).

ETA- Season 8 episode 10 - character's name was Victor Lugo.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:21:28 pm by musiclady »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1521 on: April 20, 2020, 05:01:00 pm »
Selected non-violent offenders with intense supervision and mandatory quarantine should take care of it.

I wish that's what they are doing, but I doubt it very much.  Ankle monitors are expensive.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1522 on: April 20, 2020, 05:05:33 pm »
I wish that's what they are doing, but I doubt it very much.  Ankle monitors are expensive.

That's what they're doing here.  Probably not in other states.

It's very, very, very selective.  Prisoners need to be within 90 days of being released, no murderers, sexual predators, etc. even being considered. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1523 on: April 20, 2020, 05:10:07 pm »
That's what they're doing here.  Probably not in other states.

It's very, very, very selective.  Prisoners need to be within 90 days of being released, no murderers, sexual predators, etc. even being considered.

I can tell you the Rat Sheriffs of LA and Maricopa (Phoenix) Counties are not doing that.  I don't think there are even bonds involved.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1524 on: April 20, 2020, 05:12:36 pm »
Will that be the next shortage?

C S Lewis