Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159323 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1475 on: April 20, 2020, 01:13:29 am »
Apparently some localities have completely stopped reporting recoveries and active cases, because they can't verify whether they're recovered or not. This is insulting and misleading.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronavirus/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-in-erie-county

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1476 on: April 20, 2020, 01:14:56 am »
@Victoria33

Wales IS part of the UK.

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

"The United Kingdom consists of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1477 on: April 20, 2020, 01:40:10 am »
04-20-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.912 ↑  3.326 ↓
United States  1.751 ↑ 10.758 ↓
China 16.637 ↑  1.074 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 225,117
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 21.1 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 62.6 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Recoveries continuing to go unreported.  Over 75,000 Americans still alive after testing positive three weeks ago are still being counted as active cases.

But new deaths and cases continue to recede.  Things are looking up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #1478 on: April 20, 2020, 01:40:37 am »
:yowsa: And he has been right all along.

The disagreement comes about preventing the hospitals going into overload resulting in triage. Distancing should have been done to whatever level it took to keep the hospitals below the triage threshold. Being more restrictive only slows things down causing more economic damage. Speeding things up where it results in triage at the front door causes many more people to die unnecessarily from many different medical causes. It is also an awful position to put our healthcare people in.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1479 on: April 20, 2020, 01:41:42 am »
The disagreement comes about preventing the hospitals going into overload resulting in triage. Distancing should have been done to whatever level it took to keep the hospitals below the triage threshold. Being more restrictive only slows things down causing more economic damage. Speeding things up where it results in triage at the front door causes many more people to die unnecessarily from many different medical causes. It is also an awful position to put our healthcare people in.
Aside from downstate NY, where else is triage going on? We have not even been close here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1480 on: April 20, 2020, 01:44:31 am »

The Hospitals have been using the time to stock up for a slog, so they say.  It's probably true, this has been a slow-motion train wreck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1481 on: April 20, 2020, 01:46:00 am »
Apparently some localities have completely stopped reporting recoveries and active cases, because they can't verify whether they're recovered or not. This is insulting and misleading.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronavirus/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-in-erie-county

This seems to be true -- here is an excerpt from the FL Dept. of Health:

One item that has not been included in any of the state's reports: how many people in Florida have recovered from the coronavirus. That's because the state is not measuring that statistic.

The DOH has posted the following explanation for why it does not track recoveries on its website:

"We do not currently measure “recovery,” and don’t expect to have such a designation anytime in the near future. Recovery can mean a lot of things — some countries say you’re recovered 14 days from infection even if you are still sick, or even dead, based on a computer algorithm that calculates the amount of time passed since a case is first reported.

"The very definition of recovery is a contested issue — are you recovered once you’re no longer symptomatic, or contagious, once you get a negative test result, or no longer require hospitalization? Are you ever “recovered” if you suffer long-term effects from having the virus? Until some of these issues and definitions are worked out at the local, state and national level, we will not be providing a metric for recovery."

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1482 on: April 20, 2020, 01:48:11 am »
This seems to be true -- here is an excerpt from the FL Dept. of Health:

One item that has not been included in any of the state's reports: how many people in Florida have recovered from the coronavirus. That's because the state is not measuring that statistic.

The DOH has posted the following explanation for why it does not track recoveries on its website:

"We do not currently measure “recovery,” and don’t expect to have such a designation anytime in the near future. Recovery can mean a lot of things — some countries say you’re recovered 14 days from infection even if you are still sick, or even dead, based on a computer algorithm that calculates the amount of time passed since a case is first reported.

"The very definition of recovery is a contested issue — are you recovered once you’re no longer symptomatic, or contagious, once you get a negative test result, or no longer require hospitalization? Are you ever “recovered” if you suffer long-term effects from having the virus? Until some of these issues and definitions are worked out at the local, state and national level, we will not be providing a metric for recovery."

9999hair out0000
They must be the Department of Sick, because they don't know "health" when they see it, by their own admission.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:49:26 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #1483 on: April 20, 2020, 01:48:15 am »
Aside from downstate NY, where else is triage going on? We have not even been close here.

And that's the point. The restrictions are too tight if hospitals have lots of free rooms. During the leading edge of this there was little information to gauge what was necessary to prevent overload. As things have gone on there's lots of good feedback to apply to open things up in the areas that have plenty of capacity.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1484 on: April 20, 2020, 01:56:08 am »
And that's the point. The restrictions are too tight if hospitals have lots of free rooms. During the leading edge of this there was little information to gauge what was necessary to prevent overload. As things have gone on there's lots of good feedback to apply to open things up in the areas that have plenty of capacity.

But that would make too much sense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1485 on: April 20, 2020, 02:03:45 am »

Report of some ER's that are experiencing much lower than normal patient visits because people are afraid to leave their homes and seek medical help.  In addition to being isolated, people who have other health issues aren't seeking treatment. 

I don't know about elsewhere, but ALL elected surgeries and treatments have been put on hold.  Most doctor appointments are by "Telehealth" only.  With telehealth a doctor cannot listen to the heart, check the lungs, take blood pressures, etc....all vital components of seeing the darn doctor.    So ... people are having to make a choice -- get an inadequate video chat with your doc or go to the emergency room where there are sick people who may or may not be a carrier of COVID-19! 

In a lot of ways, social distancing is causing harm.  It will be interesting to see the stats on the number of people who died because they didn't receive adequate treatment or were too afraid to go to the ER.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1486 on: April 20, 2020, 02:54:39 am »
Report of some ER's that are experiencing much lower than normal patient visits because people are afraid to leave their homes and seek medical help.  In addition to being isolated, people who have other health issues aren't seeking treatment. 

I don't know about elsewhere, but ALL elected surgeries and treatments have been put on hold.  Most doctor appointments are by "Telehealth" only.  With telehealth a doctor cannot listen to the heart, check the lungs, take blood pressures, etc....all vital components of seeing the darn doctor.    So ... people are having to make a choice -- get an inadequate video chat with your doc or go to the emergency room where there are sick people who may or may not be a carrier of COVID-19! 

In a lot of ways, social distancing is causing harm.  It will be interesting to see the stats on the number of people who died because they didn't receive adequate treatment or were too afraid to go to the ER.
In NY they will have the COD COVID-19, anyway...

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1487 on: April 20, 2020, 11:25:12 am »
Ughhhhhh....

Oil down 29% overnight @$13.09/bbl.  Demand has dwindled significantly.

Rollercoaster begins again in earnest.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1488 on: April 20, 2020, 12:52:10 pm »
  Wales IS part of the UK. England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom  "The United Kingdom consists of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland"

I should have said "England" not the UK. Wales and England are separate countries.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1489 on: April 20, 2020, 01:02:07 pm »

I cancelled my doctors visits until June. I was supposed to have a six month dental cleaning this month. The doctor cancelled for me.

I have three doctors appointments between April and June 1. All cancelled. Not a big deal.
Last week I did have to go to the eye doctor because I scratched my cornea. She took me but I had to get my temperature taken, and wear a mask the entire time.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1490 on: April 20, 2020, 01:05:02 pm »
Off topic slightly, last night some people in one of the upstairs apartments got really plastered and were running around in the hallways. It was about 1am, and I had a flashback I was back in college.

All that was missing was music blaring out the windows.

This lockdown is really starting to rub people the bad way. I’m now starting week seven.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:06:05 pm by Gefn »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1491 on: April 20, 2020, 01:41:24 pm »
I cancelled my doctors visits until June. I was supposed to have a six month dental cleaning this month. The doctor cancelled for me.

I have three doctors appointments between April and June 1. All cancelled. Not a big deal.
Last week I did have to go to the eye doctor because I scratched my cornea. She took me but I had to get my temperature taken, and wear a mask the entire time.

Well, I'm glad that your symptoms/ailments are not a big deal.  For heart patients, diabetics, asthmatics, those with high blood pressure that's a completely different story -- who can't get routine preventative care that another ballgame. Those with any symptoms, appointments are delayed or directed to go to ER if symptoms get worse. So again, risking going to the ER vs. taking chances at home. Heck of a decision.  Those with heart, lung, blood pressure, diabetes -- could encounter life threatening events ... but contracting COVID-19 IS a death sentence. 

Point I'm making is in-office care with a physician that could prevent further complications is pretty much obsolete.

Elective procedures which may be necessary to combat further complications have been cancelled as well.

New cancer patient treatments are being put on hold.

Perhaps this is not happening in your area, but this is what I've encountered or know of others whose health has  been "put on hold".  Not a good thing.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1492 on: April 20, 2020, 01:42:15 pm »
Off topic slightly, last night some people in one of the upstairs apartments got really plastered and were running around in the hallways. It was about 1am, and I had a flashback I was back in college.

All that was missing was music blaring out the windows.

This lockdown is really starting to rub people the bad way. I’m now starting week seven.

I'm with ya -- week 7 (or 8) here as well.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1493 on: April 20, 2020, 01:47:36 pm »
Well, I'm glad that your symptoms/ailments are not a big deal.  For heart patients, diabetics, asthmatics, those with high blood pressure that's a completely different story -- who can't get routine preventative care that another ballgame. Those with any symptoms, appointments are delayed or directed to go to ER if symptoms get worse. So again, risking going to the ER vs. taking chances at home. Heck of a decision.  Those with heart, lung, blood pressure, diabetes -- could encounter life threatening events ... but contracting COVID-19 IS a death sentence. 

Point I'm making is in-office care with a physician that could prevent further complications is pretty much obsolete.

Elective procedures which may be necessary to combat further complications have been cancelled as well.

New cancer patient treatments are being put on hold.

Perhaps this is not happening in your area, but this is what I've encountered or know of others whose health has  been "put on hold".  Not a good thing.

It’s happening where I live, and affected several people I know, one of them is my mom. Not good.
@libertybele

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1494 on: April 20, 2020, 01:50:24 pm »
Having had my "elective" hip replacement surgery just under the wire (2/24) before everything shut down, I have great sympathy for all those whose supposedly nonessential surgeries - whether orthopedic or cancer-related - have been postponed. These people are in pain, or they wouldn't need new hips, knees, etc.

If I hadn't had my surgery when I did and currently was waiting for some governor's say-so, I would be in excruciating pain right now, unable to take a single step.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1495 on: April 20, 2020, 01:53:05 pm »
Having had my "elective" hip replacement surgery just under the wire (2/24) before everything shut down, I have great sympathy for all those whose supposedly nonessential surgeries - whether orthopedic or cancer-related - have been postponed. These people are in pain, or they wouldn't need new hips, knees, etc.

If I hadn't had my surgery when I did and currently was waiting for some governor's say-so, I would be in excruciating pain right now, unable to take a single step.

Especially difficult with the anti-Opioid fanatics on the loose.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1496 on: April 20, 2020, 02:05:05 pm »
What are 'COVID toes'? Dermatologists, podiatrists share strange findings
Maura Hohman
3 days ago

The longer the novel coronavirus circulates, the more unexpected symptoms pop up.

Now, another condition possibly linked to the coronavirus has captured researchers' attention. Dubbed "COVID toes" by the dermatology community, it can look like "purple lesions" on feet or hands, Dr. Esther Freeman, a dermatologist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, told TODAY. ...   But because COVID toes may appear before or without other coronavirus symptoms, Freeman believes it should be a criterion for testing.  ...

The condition usually starts with red or purple discoloration, and the skin may become raised or develop ulcerations, according to Freeman. It can be on hands, too.

Fox told TODAY it has appeared as "purple, red bumps" on the tips of digits and pads, or on the tops of toes or sides of feet.

People with COVID toes may feel the skin is hot, burning or itchy.   ... More, including photos, at MSN
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1497 on: April 20, 2020, 03:09:04 pm »
Especially difficult with the anti-Opioid fanatics on the loose.

@Cyber Liberty

One of the things I find "ironic" is that when I see a doc today,trying to get a script for painkillers is very hard to do.

Back when I was younger and didn't have so much pain coming from so many places already, they would write me a script for a opioid of one sort or another,even after I told them I didn't want or need it.

One thing I learned long ago is that pain,up to a certain level,is your friend because it reminds you that you are already injured,and need to be careful to not make it worse. This is the good news. Because of this I have what may be a lifetime supply (at my age,anyway) of industrial-strength painkillers in a big box that I can use any time I need them.

At one time back in the 70's,the VA was writing me prescriptions for 180 valiums at a time,with 6 refills because of back injuries I received on a parachute jump that went wrong when I was in the army. They flat refuse to give me any now. Good thing I still have some left from earlier prescriptions,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1498 on: April 20, 2020, 03:17:19 pm »
One thing I learned long ago is that pain, up to a certain level, is your friend because it reminds you that you are already injured,and need to be careful to not make it worse. This is the good news. Because of this I have what may be a lifetime supply (at my age,anyway) of industrial-strength painkillers in a big box that I can use any time I need them.

Very true.  The part I highlighted is important to note, because too much post-surgical pain is actually a detriment to recovery.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1499 on: April 20, 2020, 03:23:18 pm »
Ughhhhhh....

Oil down 29% overnight @$13.09/bbl.  Demand has dwindled significantly.

Rollercoaster begins again in earnest.
Bakken Crude (ND Sweet Light) down below $10/bbl.

C S Lewis