Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159323 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1450 on: April 19, 2020, 07:14:11 pm »
The Dakotas are a hot spot due to so many testing positive at Smithfield meat.
That's South Dakota. In North Dakota, the surge in cases comes from a wind turbine blade manufacturing plant in Grand Forks county which employs 900 people. The plant is shut down for 14 days, additional testing is occurring as is contact tracing, and the employees are being paid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1451 on: April 19, 2020, 07:15:37 pm »
That's South Dakota. In North Dakota, the surge in cases comes from a wind turbine blade manufacturing plant in Grand Forks county which employs 900 people.

Nine hundred people?  That's half the state.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1452 on: April 19, 2020, 07:21:11 pm »
That's South Dakota. In North Dakota, the surge in cases comes from a wind turbine blade manufacturing plant in Grand Forks county which employs 900 people. The plant is shut down for 14 days, additional testing is occurring as is contact tracing, and the employees are being paid.

I wasn’t aware of the turbine blade plant. Thanks for that. So far, both my sons continue to work.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1453 on: April 19, 2020, 07:22:33 pm »
Nine hundred people?  That's half the state.
I doubt there has been any time since the ice sheets melted off that there have only been 1800 people here.

We could always send back all those guys with the upside down plates, though. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1454 on: April 19, 2020, 07:23:28 pm »
I wasn’t aware of the turbine blade plant. Thanks for that. So far, both my sons continue to work.
Good for them!

With drilling rigs hitting the weeds daily, there isn't much happening here.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #1455 on: April 19, 2020, 08:39:14 pm »
The most certain way to move from peaceful civil demonstration, to violence would be closin'the liquor stores.

I think in some places there would be violence in a couple of hours or less.

Hoodlums in the hood, the bario, etc.

And rednecks too.

Gimme my drink, dammit

A hundred years later and I still live in the Fed's Head.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1456 on: April 19, 2020, 09:33:19 pm »
There can't be a peak while everyone is isolated.
@mystery-ak
@Once-Ler
@Cyber Liberty

@Hoodat, you are right.  There are peaks showing up now for those who got the virus before people were shut in.  These many thousands of cases started with one case in the state of Washington.  Streets are now empty but the virus is still here.  Once people get together, streets are filled, one with the virus will again infect the country.

Scientists say we must test every person so the virus will not spread again - that is over 350 million people.  That is the old fellow in the corner of the bar/tavern, who plays pool with his friends, picking up and laying down the cue ball as his friends are doing.  One of them has the virus. Old fellow has a wife that never misses church on Sunday or the Bible class on Wednesday with her friends.  Some days later, not months, it is over the country.

I have thought, not of politics and blaming this one or that one, but what may happen in the future when people are "freed".  All these millions will not be tested before "freedom", or shortly after.  It cannot be done.  When the virus is out again, people dying, stacks of dead bodies like we have now, it will go back to politics, Trump saying the states did not do it right, states saying it is Trump's fault for not enough tests, and bodies will stack up higher.  When will it end; how will it end?

In my opinion, this is Biblical - it is one of the plagues over the whole world forecast to happen in the end days.  Jesus returns with the sound of a Trump - we have one of those in our White House.  Bless all of you, and stay home.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:53:48 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1457 on: April 19, 2020, 09:49:30 pm »
Dr. David Katz: Coronavirus vaccine or herd immunity are only ways life can fully return to normal

Dr. David Katz, the founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center in Connecticut, has warned that while social distancing is helping to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, it is also preventing the development of the "herd immunity" needed by the public to resume their normal lives before a vaccine is developed.

Katz cited the case of some Asian nations who appeared to stop the spread with lockdown-style mitigation strategies, only to see an increase in cases once restrictions were relaxed.

"That's what will happen if you lock everybody away from everybody else and kind of wait until things get better and then let everybody out into the world," Katz told "Life, Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday.

"The virus is still out there," Katz added. "We don't have antibodies. We'll just get it later."

Katz and host Mark Levin discussed the concept of "herd immunity," essentially collective resistance to a virus built up by people moving about, becoming infected, and recovering -- thereby naturally developing antibodies to inhibit further spreading the virus among the population.

As an example of herd immunity, Katz told Levin that if the doctor developed antibodies but Levin did not because he was not part of the "herd," he could not contract the virus from Katz because the doctor doesn't have it.

"If all you do is flatten the curve, you don't prevent deaths or severe cases. You just change the dates. We don't want to do that," said Katz..................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-katz-coronavirus-vaccine-herd-immunity
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1458 on: April 19, 2020, 10:09:40 pm »
@Once-Ler
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

My son and his intended, have an apartment in London and own a condo in Cardiff, Wales; Wales is a separate country, not part of the UK.  We have used Skype every other day to keep up with what is happening in both countries.  The two countries, Wales/UK started out with a goal of "Herd Mentality".  So many were dying, the governments changed and ordered people to stay home.

Today, he said the countries will start on May 11 with a plan to open the countries.  He sent a chart to me of how this will happen.  @Cyber Liberty, I can email you the chart and you can post it if you want.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:19:36 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1459 on: April 19, 2020, 10:15:51 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Once-Ler
@Cyber Liberty

@Hoodat, you are right.  There are peaks showing up now for those who got the virus before people were shut in.  These many thousands of cases started with one case in the state of Washington.  Streets are now empty but the virus is still here.  Once people get together, streets are filled, one with the virus will again infect the country.

Scientists say we must test every person so the virus will not spread again - that is over 350 million people.  That is the old fellow in the corner of the bar/tavern, who plays pool with his friends, picking up and laying down the cue ball as his friends are doing.  One of them has the virus. Old fellow has a wife that never misses church on Sunday or the Bible class on Wednesday with her friends.  Some days later, not months, it is over the country.

I have thought, not of politics and blaming this one or that one, but what may happen in the future when people are "freed".  All these millions will not be tested before "freedom", or shortly after.  It cannot be done.  When the virus is out again, people dying, stacks of dead bodies like we have now, it will go back to politics, Trump saying the states did not do it right, states saying it is Trump's fault for not enough tests, and bodies will stack up higher.  When will it end; how will it end?

In my opinion, this is Biblical - it is one of the plagues over the whole world forecast to happen in the end days.  Jesus returns with the sound of a Trump - we have one of those in our White House.  Bless all of you, and stay home.

Good post, thanx for the ping, and bless you too @Victoria33

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1460 on: April 19, 2020, 10:26:44 pm »

@Victoria33

It happened after this that the people of Moab with the people of Ammon, and others with them besides the Ammonites, came to battle against Jehoshaphat.  Then some came and told Jehoshaphat, saying, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Syria; and they are in Hazazon Tamar” (which is En Gedi).  And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.  So Judah gathered together to ask help from the Lord; and from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord.

Then Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the Lord, before the new court, and said: “O Lord God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You?  Are You not our God, who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham Your friend forever?  And they dwell in it, and have built You a sanctuary in it for Your name, saying, ‘If disaster comes upon us—sword, judgment, pestilence, or famine—we will stand before this temple and in Your presence (for Your name is in this temple), and cry out to You in our affliction, and You will hear and save.’  And now, here are the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir — whom You would not let Israel invade when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them and did not destroy them — here they are, rewarding us by coming to throw us out of Your possession which You have given us to inherit.  O our God, will You not judge them?
For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”

Now all Judah, with their little ones, their wives, and their children, stood before the Lord.

Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly.  And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.  Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel.  You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.”

And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, worshiping the Lord.  Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high.

So they rose early in the morning and went out into the Wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.”  And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:

“Praise the Lord,
For His mercy endures forever.”

Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated.  For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another.

So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.

When Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away their spoil, they found among them an abundance of valuables on the dead bodies, and precious jewelry, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away; and they were three days gathering the spoil because there was so much.  And on the fourth day they assembled in the Valley of Berachah, for there they blessed the Lord; therefore the name of that place was called The Valley of Berachah until this day.  Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, with Jehoshaphat in front of them, to go back to Jerusalem with joy, for the Lord had made them rejoice over their enemies.  So they came to Jerusalem, with stringed instruments and harps and trumpets, to the house of the Lord.  And the fear of God was on all the kingdoms of those countries when they heard that the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel.  Then the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet, for his God gave him rest all around.

2 Chronicles 20:1-30

Hope that helps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1461 on: April 19, 2020, 11:05:55 pm »
@Hoodat, thanks for your post; God is with us.  I have taught Bible classes on and off all my adult life, including the last two years teaching an older group, the dreaded "Seniors".  I had a number of young ones, in their early 70s.  I was the oldest in my high 80s.

This new virus is not as other ones.  Stay vigilant, as I will, as we learn more about this and our future.  Our Church now has Sunday service on Facebook. This is a new world.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:07:22 pm by Victoria33 »

Online corbe

« Reply #1462 on: April 19, 2020, 11:25:50 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1463 on: April 19, 2020, 11:30:35 pm »
@Once-Ler
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

My son and his intended, have an apartment in London and own a condo in Cardiff, Wales; Wales is a separate country, not part of the UK.  We have used Skype every other day to keep up with what is happening in both countries.  The two countries, Wales/UK started out with a goal of "Herd Mentality".  So many were dying, the governments changed and ordered people to stay home.

Today, he said the countries will start on May 11 with a plan to open the countries.  He sent a chart to me of how this will happen.  @Cyber Liberty, I can email you the chart and you can post it if you want.

@Victoria33

That would be great.  I'm not at my main machine right now, but I'll get it later and post it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1464 on: April 19, 2020, 11:49:26 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1465 on: April 19, 2020, 11:54:16 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Sent it.

Thanks!  I'll look at it when I get to my main machine!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1466 on: April 20, 2020, 12:48:20 am »
Dr. David Katz: Coronavirus vaccine or herd immunity are only ways life can fully return to normal

Dr. David Katz, the founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center in Connecticut, has warned that while social distancing is helping to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, it is also preventing the development of the "herd immunity" needed by the public to resume their normal lives before a vaccine is developed.

Katz cited the case of some Asian nations who appeared to stop the spread with lockdown-style mitigation strategies, only to see an increase in cases once restrictions were relaxed.

"That's what will happen if you lock everybody away from everybody else and kind of wait until things get better and then let everybody out into the world," Katz told "Life, Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday.

"The virus is still out there," Katz added. "We don't have antibodies. We'll just get it later."

Katz and host Mark Levin discussed the concept of "herd immunity," essentially collective resistance to a virus built up by people moving about, becoming infected, and recovering -- thereby naturally developing antibodies to inhibit further spreading the virus among the population.

As an example of herd immunity, Katz told Levin that if the doctor developed antibodies but Levin did not because he was not part of the "herd," he could not contract the virus from Katz because the doctor doesn't have it.

"If all you do is flatten the curve, you don't prevent deaths or severe cases. You just change the dates. We don't want to do that," said Katz..................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-katz-coronavirus-vaccine-herd-immunity
What @roamer_1 was saying all along.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1467 on: April 20, 2020, 12:56:39 am »

So ... those that are health compromised are going to die from this sooner or later.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1468 on: April 20, 2020, 01:01:25 am »
Except I'm not sure how true this is.

SARS eventually disappeared on its own accord. There were two waves, the first big wave and a smaller one two years after the first. Both were crushed and the disease was never seen again. Crushing the curve without herd immunity does not guarantee any second wave. Sometimes the virus just dies out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1469 on: April 20, 2020, 01:02:30 am »

:yowsa: And he has been right all along.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1470 on: April 20, 2020, 01:04:36 am »
So ... those that are health compromised are going to die from this sooner or later.

Nope!  But all are going to die at some point.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1471 on: April 20, 2020, 01:05:18 am »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1472 on: April 20, 2020, 01:06:18 am »
Nope, not necessarily so.

If there is "herd immunity", the virus dies out for lack of viable hosts who do not have immunity. Those who haven't caught the virus nor been immunized (vaccinated) are still safe because the virus can't get around.
It is the same phenomenon which protects the unvaccinated form Smallpox now.
Those who are health compromised have to either avoid the virus until that 'herd immunity' is established in the rest of the population, wait for a vaccine, or, if they catch the virus, they have to defeat it, hopefully through the use of adequate treatment, at which point they become part of the 'herd' who are immune.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1473 on: April 20, 2020, 01:11:45 am »
Apparently some localities have completely stopped reporting recoveries and active cases, because they can't verify whether they're recovered or not. This is insulting and misleading.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronavirus/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-in-erie-county
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1474 on: April 20, 2020, 01:12:15 am »

@Victoria33

The chart you sent to me:

I will NOT comply.