Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159303 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1225 on: April 16, 2020, 09:01:39 pm »

I was thinking a bulldozer with chromed pipes, custom idler wheels, fancy tracks...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1226 on: April 16, 2020, 09:04:07 pm »
Alex Moe @AlexNBCNews
52 Senate Republicans have been asked by President Trump to serve on the Opening Up America Again Congressional Group. The lone GOP Senator NOT invited... @MittRomney
2:56 PM · Apr 16, 2020

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1227 on: April 16, 2020, 09:04:57 pm »
May I jump in and ask if any Briefers have been stricken with COVID-19?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1228 on: April 16, 2020, 09:07:58 pm »

A question so good I put it in big font.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1229 on: April 16, 2020, 09:08:00 pm »

I might have had COVID-18½
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1230 on: April 16, 2020, 09:09:30 pm »
Not to my knowledge. I did have a few days I felt poorly, coughed up a bunch of junk and had a slight fever, and I got over it, but that was weeks ago. I took some erythromycin (500 mg/ day--which is a macrolide antibiotic, like Azithromycin) for a few days. That was back in February.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 09:12:30 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1231 on: April 16, 2020, 09:11:00 pm »
Off topic but what is a Cat Mod?

I think it's supposed to be 'Mod cat'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1232 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:21 pm »

Oh I love it!  ***cool cat***
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1233 on: April 16, 2020, 09:33:07 pm »

That is adorable.
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1234 on: April 16, 2020, 09:35:43 pm »
04-16-2020 | 21:08 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.838 ↑  3.444 ↓
United States  1.661 ↓ 11.786 ↓
China 23.307 ↑  1.057 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 146,146
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 24.1 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 75.7 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Global (excluding US & China) recovery rate after 14 days - 60.0 %
Global (excluding US & China) recovery rate after 21 days - 116.2 %

(Last figure above 100% shows that people diagnosed within last 21 days (i.e. not counted in denominator) have already recovered (and are included in the numerator).  In other words, the rest of the world is showing more total recoveries today than they had total cases 21 days ago.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1235 on: April 16, 2020, 09:36:46 pm »
Not to my knowledge. I did have a few days I felt poorly, coughed up a bunch of junk and had a slight fever, and I got over it, but that was weeks ago. I took some erythromycin (500 mg/ day--which is a macrolide antibiotic, like Azithromycin) for a few days. That was back in February.

Glad you're better. Wonder if you had a mild version? In any event, if it comes back, be prepared.

\/
\/
\/

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 09:38:18 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1236 on: April 16, 2020, 09:39:57 pm »

https://twitter.com/SenatorLoeffler/status/1250836976237977601

Senator Kelly Loeffler @SenatorLoeffler
Thank you, @realDonaldTrump for appointing me to your task force on re-opening America safely in the wake of #COVID19.

With 22 million Americans filing for unemployment, it’s clear we must start working to revive our economy and get the American people back to work safely.
12:22 PM · Apr 16, 2020

Good luck with your next stock trades Sen. Loeffler

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1237 on: April 16, 2020, 09:41:50 pm »

https://twitter.com/SenatorLoeffler/status/1250836976237977601

Senator Kelly Loeffler @SenatorLoeffler
Thank you, @realDonaldTrump for appointing me to your task force on re-opening America safely in the wake of #COVID19.

With 22 million Americans filing for unemployment, it’s clear we must start working to revive our economy and get the American people back to work safely.
12:22 PM · Apr 16, 2020

I think with the Blunt fiasco so close in the rear-view mirror, she's sensitive to the phrase "appearance of impropriety."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1238 on: April 16, 2020, 09:43:05 pm »

Loeffler could fix it all by taking the earnings and donating them to a charitable endeavor, thanking her (unseen) investors for being savvy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1239 on: April 16, 2020, 10:02:56 pm »
The best plan is to reach Speaker of the House, then become a lobbyist.

Paul Ryan, R-Washington DC.

Set for life

Kind of a Mitt Romney kind of "Republican"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1240 on: April 16, 2020, 10:12:35 pm »
The best plan is to reach Speaker of the House, then become a lobbyist.

Paul Ryan, R-Washington DC.

Set for life

Kind of a Mitt Romney kind of "Republican"

"Kind of" is right!  Ryan was depicted pushing Grandma off a cliff in a wheelchair, and yet he crawls back to the bastards begging for more punishment.  The very definition of a "cuckold."  Not just worthless but weak.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1241 on: April 16, 2020, 10:14:31 pm »
Okay, time for something new....

For advanced cases in which symptoms of pulmonary edema are present.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=230110

Doctors Suspect Mystery COVID-19 Lung Problems, Plea for New Approach

By Peter Schelden on 04/09/2020 2:00 PM

Source: MedicineNet Health News

Some doctors are questioning the way ventilators are being used for people with serious cases of COVID-19. Why? More data shows a high death rate for patients treated under current ventilator practices.

At the same time, these doctors are saying their patients behave more like they have high altitude sickness than a viral infection. They talk about two different types of COVID-19 patients with differing severe lung problems.

While some patients respond to treatment as expected, doctors also describe patients whose lungs seem relatively fine, but who still can't get enough oxygen into their blood. These patients may make up the majority with severe infections.

>snip<

High altitude sickness often improves with taking breaks when needed, staying hydrated, and eating a proper diet. He also says that two drugs can be taken to help prevent the condition, but also warns of their serious side effects:

DIAMOX (acetazolamide): DIAMOX (acetazolamide) allows a person to breathe faster and so metabolize more oxygen, thereby minimizing the symptoms caused by poor oxygenation.
    Dexamethasone (a steroid): It decreases brain and other swelling reversing the effects of acute mountain sickness (AMS). However steroids have been shown to be unhelpful in treating ARDS, and may worsen symptoms instead.

Dr. Shiel advises that these medications only be taken at the recommendation of a doctor. A study published March 30 specifically warns against treating COVID-19 patients with steroids, as the WHO has reported conflicting evidence with respect to their use in treating viral infections.

This came to my attention through a friend who linked a YouTube here.

The rest is from a web search.

More here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7096066/

Acetazolamide, Nifedipine and Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors: Rationale for Their Utilization as Adjunctive Countermeasures in the Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

This study notes the similarities to High Altitude Pulmonary Edema, and suggests treatment of advanced cases with a similar regimen for the HAPE may be appropriate.

This review describes COVID-19 in parallel to HAPE. Deranged respiratory parameters that are present in both conditions are highlighted. The utilization of medications found to be effective in HAPE for the treatment of COVID-19 is proposed. Given the medical emergency of a growing contagion and the thousands of lives at stake, expedient attempts to improve survival are needed. Acetazolamide, Nifedipine and Phosphodiesterase inhibitors may present an opportunity for countermeasure development.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:21:58 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #1242 on: April 16, 2020, 10:20:20 pm »
   Damn he's really that BALD, not that that's a bad thing, mind ya.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1243 on: April 16, 2020, 10:23:50 pm »
Glad you're better. Wonder if you had a mild version? In any event, if it comes back, be prepared.

\/
\/
\/
I have wondered the same thing, but feeling fine, I'm not going in for testing, someone else might need a kit that would only satisfy my curiosity and really serve no other purpose.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #1244 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:42 pm »

They are collecting your DNA!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1245 on: April 16, 2020, 10:33:19 pm »
   Damn he's really that BALD, not that that's a bad thing, mind ya.

RUSH - I Think I'm Going Bald

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1246 on: April 16, 2020, 10:34:06 pm »

They are collecting your DNA!
No biggie, just let the dog lick it...

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1247 on: April 17, 2020, 12:27:05 am »
Off topic but what is a Cat Mod?

@Gemmarose

Same/same as a Dog Mod.

Pigeon Mods are a little different. They are kinda flighty,and leave a mess everywhere they go.

Hope this clears that up for ya!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:27:51 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1248 on: April 17, 2020, 12:30:20 am »
A question so good I put it in big font.

@Cyber Liberty

I got struck several times by various coeds when attending college. Does that count?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1249 on: April 17, 2020, 12:32:40 am »
tx wrote:
"LA and NY are talking about no large gatherings or sporting events until 2021"

This is plausible. Probably a ban on "large gatherings" until a proven vaccine becomes available. Certainly not before infection levels have fallen to a point where new infections are demonstrated to be negligible over a fixed period of time. We are far from that point as of yet, certainly wherever large populations exist.

I wonder how many people are going to be willing to gather with large numbers of others, at least for a while, even after the epidemic fades...?