Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159329 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1200 on: April 16, 2020, 07:06:56 pm »
I have to ask you, @musiclady  - what is going on with DeWine's sign language interpreter? What a performance.  :laugh:

She's a hoot, isn't she??  :laugh:

She's become one of the most popular people in the state!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1201 on: April 16, 2020, 07:07:24 pm »
WHitler went on to say this:

Unbelievable.

Princess Leia, to her antagonizer in the first movie, "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip though your fingers."  It's like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1202 on: April 16, 2020, 07:09:54 pm »
WHitler went on to say this:

Unbelievable.

She's a stark raving mad tyrant who will use every opportunity to clamp down further on the 1st amendment.

I hate Michigan for much more than football.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1203 on: April 16, 2020, 07:11:08 pm »
LOL!  Remember the Sign Language translator for O'Bastard in South Africa?   :rolling:
That's what Ohio Gov. DeWine's interpreter looks like - plus, she looks exactly like him. She did a gesture yesterday I could have sworn meant, "Get thee behind me, Satan," though I could be mistaken.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1204 on: April 16, 2020, 07:55:22 pm »
New York still on lockdown through... May 15. Yep.

What's another month??!  9999hair out0000

No, I'm not OK.

@jmyrlefuller

I'm fine with them building a wall around it to prevent any of them from moving to retire down south.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1205 on: April 16, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
Fine, lock down NYC. Lock down Philadelphia. Lock down Detroit. Lock down all of the big cities where things are bad.

Just let the rest of the states' citizens get on with their lives.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1206 on: April 16, 2020, 08:17:39 pm »
‘We Will Not Comply’ — Virginia Protesters Demand State Reopens

Justin Caruso   |   April 16, 2020 3:30 PM ET

Protesters gathered Thursday in front of the Virginia State Capitol in Richmond demanding that the state be reopened.

Virginians protesting stay-at-home orders due to coronavirus are following the lead of other protesters around the country. This week, protests occurred outside state capitols in Michigan, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

In North Carolina Tuesday, protesters were threatened and arrested by police, while in Michigan, there were protests against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s lockdown orders Wednesday.

Local news outlet WFXR reports that three groups, End The Lockdown VA, Virginians Against Excessive Quarantine, and ReOpen Virginia, were involved in the “Reopen Virginia” demonstration.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/16/photos-reopen-virginia-protesters-richmond-not-comply/

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1207 on: April 16, 2020, 08:22:19 pm »
Governor Gretchen Whitmer: Michigan Protesters ‘Endangering People’s Lives’

KYLE OLSEN   |   15 APRIL 2020

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer lashed out at the freedom protesters who surrounded the capitol on Wednesday, telling reporters they were “endangering people’s lives.”

Breitbart News reported live from the scene, which featured hundreds of people on the capitol lawn and thousands more in their cars, honking horns, blasting patriotic music, and waving American flags.

Whitmer, whom Joe Biden has said is on his short list for the vice presidential nomination, denounced the protesters, who were calling on her to rescind the onerous restrictions she had placed on the state’s citizens and let them go back to work.

“We know that this demonstration is going to come at a cost to people’s health,” Whitmer told reporters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/15/governor-gretchen-whitmer-michigan-protesters-endangering-peoples-lives/

Whitler doubles down on fascism.
How about that? In a tremendous gaffe, a Democrat accidentally called those who disagreed with her "people".

Mark your calendar.

The folks most at risk were the protesters themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1208 on: April 16, 2020, 08:23:31 pm »
Fine, lock down NYC. Lock down Philadelphia. Lock down Detroit. Lock down all of the big cities where things are bad.

LA and NY are talking about no large gatherings or sporting events until 2021
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1209 on: April 16, 2020, 08:23:58 pm »

That would be nice because as much as I love my family I want to see others I want to go to the office each day and deal with the traffic getting there.
I also am really missing my morning coffee from Starbucks and yes even the annoying coworkers who are not really working...
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1210 on: April 16, 2020, 08:25:05 pm »
I was watching the sign interpreter during a NY news conference the other day.  After the oral speaker stepped away from the podium, another stepped forward to deliver the same message in Spanish.  But the sign interpreter just stood there and did nothing.  Clearly, this interpreter did not know how to sign in Spanish.  New York should have had a Spanish sign interpreter to fill in.  It's not fair.
:pondering:

(And here I thought that signing was all the same language. Hu gnu?)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1211 on: April 16, 2020, 08:26:52 pm »
LA and NY are talking about no large gatherings or sporting events until 2021

And that is their prerogative.  Let Federalism reign!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1212 on: April 16, 2020, 08:28:11 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

I'm fine with them building a wall around it to prevent any of them from moving to retire down south.
Paging Mr. Plishkin, Mr. Plishkin, pick up the white courtesy phone...

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1213 on: April 16, 2020, 08:30:17 pm »
That would be nice because as much as I love my family I want to see others I want to go to the office each day and deal with the traffic getting there.
I also am really missing my morning coffee from Starbucks and yes even the annoying coworkers who are not really working...

That was me, during my final year at my old employer before I retired.  My skills became obsolete when they started moving my tasks to a R&D lab in China.  I spent a lot of time just reading shit on the web, as my tasks became fewer and fewer, until they eventually laid me off with a fat severance check.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1214 on: April 16, 2020, 08:33:39 pm »
That was me, during my final year at my old employer before I retired.  My skills became obsolete when they started moving my tasks to a R&D lab in China.  I spent a lot of time just reading shit on the web, as my tasks became fewer and fewer, until they eventually laid me off with a fat severance check.

Such a hard life  wink777
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1215 on: April 16, 2020, 08:34:01 pm »

Do you want an automation job?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1216 on: April 16, 2020, 08:35:22 pm »
Off topic but what is a Cat Mod?
-Winston Churchill

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1217 on: April 16, 2020, 08:37:23 pm »
Paging Mr. Plishkin, Mr. Plishkin, pick up the white courtesy phone...

@Smokin Joe

True confession time.I now have several distant cousins living here who managed to escape from NYC,and  they are never returning.  One or more of their grandparents moved there during or after WW-2 for the jobs or opportunities,and the first one decided to come visit distant relatives on his high school graduation trip. He has never been back home since arriving here. He called his parents and told them to mail his tools and clothing to him because he wasn't coming back. Since then,several of his cousins have followed in his footprints,and none of them will go back. Not even for a relatives funeral on a short trip.

I once asked the original cousin what about visiting his mother and father,and he told me "They know where I live,and if they want to see me they are welcome to come visit."

Since he has been here over 30 years now without ever once going back,it seems he is serious about this.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:38:38 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1218 on: April 16, 2020, 08:37:46 pm »
And that is their prerogative.  Let Federalism reign!
[/quote

Yes I just hope they know what they are doing at the end of all of this.
-Winston Churchill

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1219 on: April 16, 2020, 08:41:23 pm »
Off topic but what is a Cat Mod?
Category moderator.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1220 on: April 16, 2020, 08:45:13 pm »
@Smokin Joe

True confession time.I now have several distant cousins living here who managed to escape from NYC,and  they are never returning.  One or more of their grandparents moved there during or after WW-2 for the jobs or opportunities,and the first one decided to come visit distant relatives on his high school graduation trip. He has never been back home since arriving here. He called his parents and told them to mail his tools and clothing to him because he wasn't coming back. Since then,several of his cousins have followed in his footprints,and none of them will go back. Not even for a relatives funeral on a short trip.

I once asked the original cousin what about visiting his mother and father,and he told me "They know where I live,and if they want to see me they are welcome to come visit."

Since he has been here over 30 years now without ever once going back,it seems he is serious about this.
Yeah, 30 years is an indicator...

I try to get back East to see my kin every few years, but somehow those intervals get longer than I want them to.
I love the  people, even the place I grew up (really little changed in practice), but the rules there are too much.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1221 on: April 16, 2020, 08:47:39 pm »
Wisconsin extends stay-at-home order through May 26, closes schools for rest of academic year
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/493177-wisconsin-extends-stay-at-home-through-may-26-closes

Wisconsin on Thursday extended its coronavirus stay-at-home order to be in effect until May 26 and closed its schools for the rest of the academic year.

Gov. Tony Evers (D) had previously indicated an extension to the order, originally effective through April 24, may be necessary as states and local governments across the country have dug in on their efforts to fight the coronavirus.

Evers is allowing some adjustments to the original order, including opening golf courses.

But conservatives have been pressuring Evers and other governors to reopen the government and end the stay-at-home order to allow the economy to function. Some have planned protests at the state Capitol on the original end date, a week from Friday.

more at link

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1222 on: April 16, 2020, 08:56:15 pm »
Alex Moe @AlexNBCNews
52 Senate Republicans have been asked by President Trump to serve on the Opening Up America Again Congressional Group. The lone GOP Senator NOT invited... @MittRomney
2:56 PM · Apr 16, 2020

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1223 on: April 16, 2020, 08:57:36 pm »
Alex Moe @AlexNBCNews
52 Senate Republicans have been asked by President Trump to serve on the Opening Up America Again Congressional Group. The lone GOP Senator NOT invited... @MittRomney
2:56 PM · Apr 16, 2020
I think that was the right choice.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1224 on: April 16, 2020, 09:00:35 pm »
I will NOT comply.