Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159272 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1075 on: April 15, 2020, 10:28:20 pm »
Their scientific study doesn't help me.  What would help me is knowing if I have developed antibodies for the virus.  The antibody test would do that.  But unfortunately, I cannot find a way to get one.

If I test positive for antibodies, I can then be tested for the virus.  If the second test comes up negative, then I am free and clear.  No more red tape BS.  No more having to report the names (and companies) of everyone I have come within 6 ft of including date and time for the last 3 weeks.  No more having to cower in my house when I could be out there helping others.

I don't have a crystal ball.  It's impossible for me to answer the question as to when an antibody test will be available for all of us.  The company mentioned in the article that I posted is one of many who are working on that test. 

Abbott Labs just announced this today re the antibody test they have been working on:  "Abbott said it will ship nearly 1 million tests this week to U.S. customers while ramping up manufacturing to ship 4 million tests in total in the month of April. By June and beyond, Abbott said it will be shipping 20 million tests in the U.S. per month."  https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2020/04/15/abbott-labs-rolling-out-coronavirus-antibody-tests/#52da28e798d5

Given that there are many companies working on this, I would hope that it won't be long before us "nobodies" will have access to a test.  How many are working on this?  According to this (https://time.com/5819737/covid-19-blood-tests/ the number is 70,  but surely they won't all pan out.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1076 on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:36 pm »
I wish I had half of the patience you do, CL.

For @Cyber Liberty

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1077 on: April 15, 2020, 10:41:23 pm »
Step by step, WWII veteran Tom Moore set out to raise money for British health workers by walking 100 laps in his garden by his 100th birthday at the end of April. His family thought he might collect $1,250. Donors have pledged $10 million so far.

https://apnews.com/9dcf983ffc52625a6d01e0d7338001f6

« Reply #1078 on: April 15, 2020, 10:47:08 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ACME0ZNaY

Todays press conference...already an hour in but you can slide back.

« Reply #1079 on: April 15, 2020, 10:51:09 pm »
It starts with a video clip from GM promising 30k ventilators by Aug.  If there is a second wave we should be in good shape.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1080 on: April 15, 2020, 10:58:26 pm »
It starts with a video clip from GM promising 30k ventilators by Aug.  If there is a second wave we should be in good shape.

I liked the video GM made of changing an assembly floor over to a facility to assemble them.  I just like time-lapse videos...I've been recording sunsets that way from my upper deck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1081 on: April 15, 2020, 11:01:09 pm »
With the whole nation under virtual lock down, why are we seeing 30,000 new cases each day?  Ten thousand new cases today in New York alone.  How could this be happening with all the draconian state-imposed regulations in place?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1082 on: April 15, 2020, 11:03:30 pm »
I liked the video GM made of changing an assembly floor over to a facility to assemble them.  I just like time-lapse videos...I've been recording sunsets that way from my upper deck.

You might like this one:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1083 on: April 15, 2020, 11:06:31 pm »
With the whole nation under virtual lock down, why are we seeing 30,000 new cases each day?  Ten thousand new cases today in New York alone.  How could this be happening with all the draconian state-imposed regulations in place?

It was seeded before the measures were put in place.

And some Governors were irresponsible and let it spread badly before they took those measures.  (Mayor DiBlasio in NYC was particularly irresponsible).

Plus, the numbers lag behind the actual contamination by the virus so we are seeing a snapshot of the past with the present numbers.  If there weren't restrictions, the numbers would be worse.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1084 on: April 15, 2020, 11:10:30 pm »
You might like this one:

I remember that one.  Yes, I liked that a lot!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1085 on: April 15, 2020, 11:12:20 pm »
Step by step, WWII veteran Tom Moore set out to raise money for British health workers by walking 100 laps in his garden by his 100th birthday at the end of April. His family thought he might collect $1,250. Donors have pledged $10 million so far.

https://apnews.com/9dcf983ffc52625a6d01e0d7338001f6
Now, that's neat!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1086 on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:07 pm »
It was seeded before the measures were put in place.

And some Governors were irresponsible and let it spread badly before they took those measures.  (Mayor DiBlasio in NYC was particularly irresponsible).

Plus, the numbers lag behind the actual contamination by the virus so we are seeing a snapshot of the past with the present numbers.  If there weren't restrictions, the numbers would be worse.

That's the problem when all the indicators are "lagging."  I like how Cuomo instantly deemed 4,000 deaths "COVID-19" overnight.  There is no proof any of them even had it.  But, this is ankle-biting on my part, there is no doubt when it's over there will be a lot of dead loved ones.  There's no sugar-coating that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1087 on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:49 pm »
Now, that's neat!

I agree.  People can do great things, given the chance.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1088 on: April 15, 2020, 11:24:17 pm »
That's the problem when all the indicators are "lagging."  I like how Cuomo instantly deemed 4,000 deaths "COVID-19" overnight.  There is no proof any of them even had it.  But, this is ankle-biting on my part, there is no doubt when it's over there will be a lot of dead loved ones.  There's no sugar-coating that.

Exactly.  Which is why, IMO, the fuss over a dishonest politician's padding the numbers (if it is proven that he has), should not harden us to the reality that people are dying a horrible death from this all over the country.

Yesterday there were 50 deaths in Ohio, and no one here is lying about anything. They have been upfront about everything from Day 1.

I think I'm more of a 'big picture' person than some, so when I find out a Leftist is trying to take advantage of people because of this very real crisis, I blame the leftist, and not the people who are trying (and succeeding) in doing the right thing to protect the people of their states, counties and cities..... especially those on the front line of this battle.

Cuomo and DiBlasio are wretched human beings, but if you know anything about what is really going on in NYC, you know it is absolutely horrendous.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1089 on: April 15, 2020, 11:25:28 pm »
FWIW, I have had Covid 3 times.

Once pounded right beyween the eyes.

Once shoved down my throat.

And once shoved up my ass.

On the bright side, think of the millions who won't have to suffer through that. This. Whatever.

https://www.worldometers.info/abortions/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1090 on: April 15, 2020, 11:27:20 pm »
Exactly.  Which is why, IMO, the fuss over a dishonest politician's padding the numbers (if it is proven that he has), should not harden us to the reality that people are dying a horrible death from this all over the country.

Yesterday there were 50 deaths in Ohio, and no one here is lying about anything. They have been upfront about everything from Day 1.

I think I'm more of a 'big picture' person than some, so when I find out a Leftist is trying to take advantage of people because of this very real crisis, I blame the leftist, and not the people who are trying (and succeeding) in doing the right thing to protect the people of their states, counties and cities..... especially those on the front line of this battle.

Cuomo and DiBlasio are wretched human beings, but if you know anything about what is really going on in NYC, you know it is absolutely horrendous.
M'am, I was in NYC briefly in '74, and frankly, I saw little there that would entice me to return.
Once I was over the novelty of it all, I found the place horrendous all on its own. YMMV.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1091 on: April 15, 2020, 11:29:16 pm »
FWIW, I have had Covid 3 times.

Once pounded right beyween the eyes.

Once shoved down my throat.

And once shoved up my ass.

On the bright side, think of the millions who won't have to suffer through that. This. Whatever.

https://www.worldometers.info/abortions/

Now, doggone it, Fred, there you go looking at the real big picture.
(The one that is being ignored while people are zoomed in on this outbreak).

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #1092 on: April 15, 2020, 11:29:21 pm »
Some days I get up and just don't feel like putting in the effort required.  I started the day finding out two of our best Members left.

May I ask who left?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1093 on: April 15, 2020, 11:30:00 pm »
May I ask who left?
roamer_1 and thackney.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1094 on: April 15, 2020, 11:39:42 pm »
M'am, I was in NYC briefly in '74, and frankly, I saw little there that would entice me to return.
Once I was over the novelty of it all, I found the place horrendous all on its own. YMMV.

I'm a country boy myself, and the only big city I liked was Chicago, inside The Loop and Old Town.  That part of the city had soul.  Big Cities make me very uncomfortable.  The worst?  Downtown Dallas.  You could stand on a street and never see the sun more than an hour or so every day.  What a shit-pit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1095 on: April 15, 2020, 11:47:01 pm »
I'm a country boy myself, and the only big city I liked was Chicago, inside The Loop and Old Town.  That part of the city had soul.  Big Cities make me very uncomfortable.  The worst?  Downtown Dallas.  You could stand on a street and never see the sun more than an hour or so every day.  What a shit-pit.
When I was a kid we went on numerous field trips to Washington, D.C., Smithsonian, art galleries, Air and Space, the monuments, etc. Now, I'd take pause at walking there in broad daylight (always a risk more than two blocks from the National Mall).

It's funny, from the water, to the Mountains, from the desert to the prairie, I can settle in and be 'in tune' in five minutes. Not so in any city.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1096 on: April 15, 2020, 11:54:29 pm »

Love to go there- Broadway shows, jazz clubs, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island......

But I wouldn’t live there if my life depended on it.

Nonetheless, the very real suffering going on there now (ask Franklin Graham) is something that should deeply disturb all of us.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1097 on: April 15, 2020, 11:59:37 pm »
Love to go there- Broadway shows, jazz clubs, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island......

But I wouldn’t live there if my life depended on it.

Nonetheless, the very real suffering going on there now (ask Franklin Graham) is something that should deeply disturb all of us.
If I let it, it would. But I'm an old First Responder. You see the pain, but you can't let it eat your lunch. You have to make decisions, sometimes on which hang life and death, and do that dispassionately, quickly, accurately, and retain the ability to function. Yes, there are a lot of people hurting out there, not just from COVID-19, but from a host of other things, not the least of which is being out of work with no light at the end of that tunnel.
There's plenty of misery to go around in the world, this is just another flavor, but because it is an unknown, because we don't know how far, how many, how long, it is scarier than the run of the mill myocardial infarction, unless of course, you can't get any medical help because everyone is tangled up over COVID-19.

It's a shame the lovely drapes in the front room are ruined, but let's focus on the whole house fire, please.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1098 on: April 16, 2020, 12:01:33 am »
roamer_1 and thackney.

Why did thackney leave??

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1099 on: April 16, 2020, 12:03:48 am »
If I let it, it would. But I'm an old First Responder. You see the pain, but you can't let it eat your lunch. You have to make decisions, sometimes on which hang life and death, and do that dispassionately, quickly, accurately, and retain the ability to function. Yes, there are a lot of people hurting out there, not just from COVID-19, but from a host of other things, not the least of which is being out of work with no light at the end of that tunnel.
There's plenty of misery to go around in the world, this is just another flavor, but because it is an unknown, because we don't know how far, how many, how long, it is scarier than the run of the mill myocardial infarction, unless of course, you can't get any medical help because everyone is tangled up over COVID-19.

It's a shame the lovely drapes in the front room are ruined, but let's focus on the whole house fire, please.

Your error is in thinking that concern over Covid means lack of concern over other issues.

It’s been apparent from the beginning.