Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159290 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1050 on: April 15, 2020, 07:51:09 pm »
More Stores Changes At Walmart: Dedicated Senior, First Responder, High-Risk Grocery Pickup Times Available
By Dawn Geske    04/15/20 AT 2:54 PM

Walmart (WMT) has made more changes to its stores during the coronavirus pandemic. Now the retail giant is offering a dedicated pickup time for grocery customers that are most vulnerable for contracting COVID-19.

The new pickup hours are from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. at select stores. The special pickup times are for those customers over the age of 60, first responders, consumers with disabilities, or anyone that has been designated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as high risk.

During all pickup times, Walmart workers are using enhanced social distancing and sanitation procedures to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Pickups are also contact-free, with customers opening their trunks and workers loading groceries with no need to sign for orders, Walmart said.

Read more  https://www.ibtimes.com/more-stores-changes-walmart-dedicated-senior-first-responder-high-risk-grocery-pickup-2959313

Michigan, how awful:

Oakland County scouts ice rinks to potentially store bodies in 'last resort' scenario
Jennifer Dixon, Detroit Free Press Published 2:14 p.m. ET April 15, 2020

Oakland County is scouting ice rinks to store bodies during the coronavirus pandemic if its morgue runs out of space, county officials said Wednesday.

Casimir Miarka, administrator for the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office, said the ice rinks would be used in a worst-case scenario.

County spokesman Bill Mullan said the morgue took in 10 bodies Wednesday from a hospital with  its own morgue at capacity, the first since the coronavirus pandemic hit Michigan in March. He declined to identify the hospital.

Read more at:  https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2020/04/15/coronavirus-oakland-ice-rinks-bodies/5137771002/

I know there was some sort of blurb about what Chicago might do in the news this morning as well.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1051 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:01 pm »
There are certainly a lot of people who agree with you.  I think the fund-freezing announcement would have been better saved for a month or two from now, but the President is desperate to get any news...even bad news...to cover over the 2.4K deaths from yesterday.  When the world is in the middle of a pandemic announcing a cut with the World Health Organization looks insane to rat and moderate voters...and some GOP voters I assume.  If he could have he should have waited until we re-open.  JMO

You are right.  Pulling the rug out right now, is not good PR.  Anger sometimes fosters drastic actions. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1052 on: April 15, 2020, 08:20:16 pm »
I was just pointing out that Conway doesn't know the 19 in COVID-19  comes from the year 2019.  It kind of undercuts her expertise.

I thought we were all out of nits to pick. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1053 on: April 15, 2020, 08:32:12 pm »
A caution. Half of the country, roughly speaking, doesn't live in major metropolitan areas, but in the vast expanses between them.
I am concerned that the results of any study conducted only in major metro areas will not allow for the factors unique to that environment versus the factors present (and not) in more rural venues, and as such, any rules or guidelines proposed as a result of those studies will be imposed on rural areas as well without regard for the appropriateness of those measures for the rural environs. One size does not fit all.

This study indicates 21% of Americans reside in rural or small towns.

The cities and "suburban-exurban areas dominate.

Reagan and Nixon came from suburban California. Bush I and II came from suburban Texas.

Carter, McGovern, Clinton  came from rural small states.

I don't see a useful pattern.

I have watched suburban sprawl all of my life. (It has been called "White flight," too)

My wife and I have sort of 'surveyed" the West in search of the ideal type of setting. We concluded that small-medium metro areas of 50,000-100,000 are about ideal.  Big enough for sshopping, entertainment yet close enough to small town lifestyles and to nature.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2020, 08:32:53 pm »
There are certainly a lot of people who agree with you.  I think the fund-freezing announcement would have been better saved for a month or two from now, but the President is desperate to get any news...even bad news...to cover over the 2.4K deaths from yesterday.  When the world is in the middle of a pandemic announcing a cut with the World Health Organization looks insane to rat and moderate voters...and some GOP voters I assume.  If he could have he should have waited until we re-open.  JMO
Sure is a good thing he doesn't have to 'cover' for the ordinary 7700+ deaths per day in the US. That would be a real SOB.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1055 on: April 15, 2020, 08:53:43 pm »
I was just pointing out that Conway doesn't know the 19 in COVID-19  comes from the year 2019.  It kind of undercuts her expertise.
I don't think that's what she was implying at all. 'Twas a quip.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1056 on: April 15, 2020, 08:53:52 pm »
Sure is a good thing he doesn't have to 'cover' for the ordinary 7700+ deaths per day in the US. That would be a real SOB.

You can't beat #1

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-leading-cause-of-death.html

COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death in the United States, killing more people per day than the previous top contenders, heart disease and cancer.

The new coronavirus was responsible for the deaths of 1,940 people on April 8 in the U.S., according to a graph published by Dr. Maria Danilychev, who specializes in geriatric medicine, internal medicine, and hospice and palliative medicine at Scripps Health in San Diego.

In comparison, heart disease and cancer took the lives of 1,774 and 1,641 people on a daily basis, respectively, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data from 2018, the most recent year available, Danilychev wrote on the chart. Danilychev gathered the COVID-19 numbers from Worldometers.info.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1057 on: April 15, 2020, 08:56:30 pm »
You can't beat #1

Considering heart disease and cancer are underlying conditions that increase COVID-19 mortality, and that the majority of the deaths took place in NYC, where no test is required  to have been a presumptive COVID-19 victim, I would bet dimes to donuts that the heart disease and cancer numbers dropped off the usual curve to accommodate the desired statistics.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1058 on: April 15, 2020, 09:03:47 pm »
"This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts and figures, would be on top of that."  - Kellyanne Conway on Fox today

Stolen from Twitter:

COVID-1
COVID-2 FAST 2 FURIOUS
COVID-3 WITH A VENGEANCE
COVID-4 JUDGEMENT DAY
COVID-5 CRUISE CONTROL
COVID-6 THE LEGEND OF CURLY’S GOLD
MAGNIFICENT COVID-7
COVID-8 MILE
DISTRICT COVID-9
COVID-10 COMMANDMENTS
OCEAN’S COVID-11
COVID-12 MONKEYS
COVID-13 GOING ON 30
COVID-14 THE DREAM WARRIORS
COVID-15 THE SEARCH FOR FAUCI
COVID-16 THE COVID AWAKENS
COVID-17 THE LAST COVID
COVID-18 THE RISE OF CORONAVIRUS

333cleo
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

« Reply #1059 on: April 15, 2020, 09:06:06 pm »
I don't think that's what she was implying at all. 'Twas a quip.
"This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts and figures, would be on top of that."
I see no logical way to read this except she thinks there is a COVID-1 to COVID-18 that came before COVID-19

COVID-1
COVID-2 FAST 2 FURIOUS
COVID-3D
COVID-4 JUDGEMENT DAY
COVID-5 CRUISE CONTROL
COVID-6 THE LEGEND OF CURLY’S GOLD
COVID-7 WITH A VENGEANCE
COVID-8 SECRET OF THE OOZE
COVID-9 COVIDS REVENGE
COVID-10 COVID TAKES MANHATTEN
COVID-11 THE FINAL COVID
COVID-12 COVID LIVES
COVID-13 COVID RETURNS
COVID-14 COVID FOREVER
COVID-15 THUNDERDOME
COVID-16 RAGNAROK
COVID-17 INFINITY WAR
COVID-18 ENDGAME

« Reply #1060 on: April 15, 2020, 09:07:18 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1061 on: April 15, 2020, 09:07:58 pm »
You can't beat #1

As Hillary Clinton stated, Trump made America First!

(You need to find a better place to shop for your quips.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1062 on: April 15, 2020, 09:09:45 pm »
Considering heart disease and cancer are underlying conditions that increase COVID-19 mortality, and that the majority of the deaths took place in NYC, where no test is required  to have been a presumptive COVID-19 victim, I would bet dimes to donuts that the heart disease and cancer numbers dropped off the usual curve to accommodate the desired statistics.
If you had read the part I quoted you'd see the assertion is based off of 2018 statistics...the earliest available.

« Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2020, 09:15:23 pm »
As Hillary Clinton stated, Trump made America First!

(You need to find a better place to shop for your quips.)

@Cyber Liberty the #1 comes from the story not Hillary.

Do you ever wonder how others might get tired of you mindlessly attacking me instead of the facts?  You're not good at it. :seeya:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1064 on: April 15, 2020, 09:17:25 pm »
If you had read the part I quoted you'd see the assertion is based off of 2018 statistics...the earliest available.
Gee whiz, that's so like, two years ago. Surely between the shampeachment and the desire to have a candidate for POTUS, in a Democrat enclave like NYC, blood pressures are up and more arteries are hardening daily.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1065 on: April 15, 2020, 09:19:19 pm »
@Cyber Liberty the #1 comes from the story not Hillary.

Do you ever wonder how others might get tired of you mindlessly attacking me instead of the facts?  You're not good at it. :seeya:

Mindless?  I prefer to think of my comments as being mindful.  I'm hurt.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1066 on: April 15, 2020, 09:23:43 pm »
Once a member here joked, about dead from a terrorism attack in Manchester England, at a conceret.

Then he disappeared.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #1067 on: April 15, 2020, 09:30:33 pm »
Mindless?  I prefer to think of my comments as being mindful.  I'm hurt.
Perhaps that is the best you can do.  I take it back.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1068 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:08 pm »
"Did Xi Jinping Deliberately Sicken the World?"

@DB

Yes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #1069 on: April 15, 2020, 09:48:47 pm »
You are right.  Pulling the rug out right now, is not good PR.  Anger sometimes fosters drastic actions.
Exactly @catfish1957 .  The rats are going to run ads this fall that will start "In 2018, Trump fired the US pandemic response team and never replaced them."  Then they will quote President Trump saying hoax, and COVID will magically disappear. Then they will say "With a pandemic killing thousands every day, Trump cut funding to the World Health Organization."  I'm not saying it's fair, I'm just saying that ad will be devastating for anyone who lost a mom, dad, sister, brother, grandma, or grandpa.

The only people cheering this are not thinking ahead.  They would have cheered just as loudly if it had been done closer to the election.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1070 on: April 15, 2020, 09:50:39 pm »
Perhaps that is the best you can do.  I take it back.

Some days I get up and just don't feel like putting in the effort required.  I started the day finding out two of our best Members left.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1071 on: April 15, 2020, 10:05:08 pm »
04-15-2020 | 21:50 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.746 ↑  3.523 ↓
United States  1.694 ↑ 13.333 ↓
China 23.284 ↑  1.058 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 112,031
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 25.5 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 87.3 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Big jump in recoveries (+10K).   But offset by big jump in new cases 14 days ago.  Still, good report.  Three times higher than increase in deaths.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1072 on: April 15, 2020, 10:12:15 pm »
Some days I get up and just don't feel like putting in the effort required.  I started the day finding out two of our best Members left.

I wish I had half of the patience you do, CL.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1073 on: April 15, 2020, 10:12:50 pm »
I wish I had half of the patience you do, CL.

Some days are better than others....
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:44 pm »
Fair enough.  These are difficult days.  No hard feelings on my side.   :beer: