Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159325 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #400 on: April 01, 2020, 08:15:30 pm »
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths.pdf

This chart shows NYC deaths by age group, borough and - significantly - whether the deceased had a preexisting condition. Spoiler alert: 98.25% of the deceased had underlying illnesses, e.g., diabetes, cancer, lung disease, immunodeficiency, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, kidney disease, and GI/Liver disease.

Yep ... because of my health, I'm scared into bunkering in at home. Now that DeSantis has given a directive to limit ourselves to only essential travel definitely not going out.

One thing I forgot to stock up on is Milkbones for our dog.  I think he can do with out.  We have dog food and he has other kinds of treats.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #401 on: April 01, 2020, 08:19:12 pm »
And what percentage of the population over 45 has an underlying condition? 50%?
I have no idea.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #402 on: April 01, 2020, 09:31:28 pm »
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:36:32 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #403 on: April 01, 2020, 10:03:10 pm »
I suspect they will keep the country shut down past the present projection of April 30.
Noncompliance is going to skyrocket if that happens. We're three weeks into the mandates and lockdowns. If we don't see substantial declines in new cases SOON, as in, in the next few days, this is all pointless. People agreed to this on the premise that this would be done with in a little over a month. Any further without visible progress is going to risk a major revolt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #404 on: April 01, 2020, 10:05:23 pm »
Will big tobacco save the day?  This is going to make some anti-GMO heads explode:
Maybe. Right after Maryland had bought out tobacco farmers (to not grow tobacco, once used for money there), the medical folks were growing all sorts of twisted plants to get tailored proteins.

(Of course, one of the big thingys against the genus Nicotina was that it had absolutely no medicinal use, but, there they were...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #405 on: April 01, 2020, 10:07:37 pm »
He sounds like those who originally called this ‘a flu bug’.
I recall comparisons to the flu, but I don't recall anyone here saying it was a flu variety.

I suppose it could have been compared to Cholera, typhus, or Ebola, but the comparison was made to another group of respiratory pathogens.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #406 on: April 01, 2020, 10:08:42 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245389585330458626

Here I thought all the dying people were keeping people out of restaurants and theaters.  Turns out they just need a business deduction.
Actually, government is shutting down bars and restaurants. People likely would go anyway.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #407 on: April 01, 2020, 10:12:19 pm »
Yep ... because of my health, I'm scared into bunkering in at home. Now that DeSantis has given a directive to limit ourselves to only essential travel definitely not going out.

One thing I forgot to stock up on is Milkbones for our dog.  I think he can do with out.  We have dog food and he has other kinds of treats.
In your case, it seems downright prudent to avoid contact, at least until either a cure/treatment that won't adversely affect you or a vaccine is developed.
(My dog likes popcorn...will play catch for hours if you have enough. Entertainment as well as a little exercise. jus' sayin.)

C S Lewis

« Reply #408 on: April 01, 2020, 10:23:54 pm »
Actually, government is shutting down bars and restaurants. People likely would go anyway.
@Smokin Joe
Fair point.  State Governors, like mine,  have decided to declare state emergencies because of the virus, and limited gatherings to 10 people.  I'll concede some people would go out otherwise, and some businesses would remain open.  My Governor will have to live with his decision.

https://www.wispolitics.com/2020/marquette-poll-evers-gets-high-marks-for-coronavirus-response-biden-leads-sanders-in-wisconsin/

Today’s release included a focus on the coronavirus pandemic, finding 76 percent of voters approve of how Evers has handled the situation, while just 17 percent disapproved.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #409 on: April 01, 2020, 11:00:27 pm »
I've had the flu for over a month. If I add corona it will probably kill me. That stimulus check might cover the cost of cremation.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #410 on: April 01, 2020, 11:09:50 pm »
And Fair Warning. I don't want to die with people thinking I am an azzhole. I want them to be 100% sure.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #411 on: April 01, 2020, 11:16:46 pm »
And Fair Warning. I don't want to die with people thinking I am an azzhole. I want them to be 100% sure.

The ornery are hard to kill... They tend to out live every one else...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2020, 11:17:25 pm »
I've had the flu for over a month. If I add corona it will probably kill me. That stimulus check might cover the cost of cremation.

How are you breathing, @bigheadfred
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2020, 11:21:49 pm »
Just start building a nice wood pile with scrap lumber...

In the meantime, Out with the bad air, in with the good...

C S Lewis

« Reply #414 on: April 01, 2020, 11:27:27 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_-npuhZyYI
Fox Business Live now
Another really encouraging conference for almost 2 hours.

My favorite part was when he was asked why the Federal Government wasn't imposing quarantines in states that were not enforcing quarantine, and President Trump said "We are here to help the States."  It blew my mind because it sounded almost Constitutional.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the United States of America.  Not a lot of people know that, but it's true.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:32:43 pm by Once-Ler »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #415 on: April 01, 2020, 11:35:43 pm »
How are you breathing, @bigheadfred?

Depends on my angle of repose. I got a generic behind the counter ephedrine.  If I take a tablet and lay down to sleep I do ok.

What I need is an 8 ball of good clean meth.

« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2020, 11:37:33 pm »
If you didn't watch today's press conference, I have some bad news.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #417 on: April 01, 2020, 11:46:43 pm »
@goatprairie

I remember the conversation about "Patient X" from last week, I think that was in the "Wet Markets" thread but I am going to post this here, "Patient X" maybe Huang Yin Lang (or something, I could not find a reference to this on a quick net search), the video below discusses it. 

This video should be called somewhat "speculative", the narrator says he lifted some of the Chinese information off of the internet. But just adding it in. I forget who the other member who was discussing this.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The video is only around 10 minutes. It's a fair enough video.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:50:16 pm by TomSea »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #418 on: April 01, 2020, 11:47:13 pm »
Depends on my angle of repose. I got a generic behind the counter ephedrine.  If I take a tablet and lay down to sleep I do ok.

If you're interested, I have a simple recipe using Vicks nasal inhalers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #419 on: April 01, 2020, 11:55:56 pm »
President Trump: "You remember when I first took over they had all of the caravans coming up with 10,000, 15,000 people in the caravans. They were marching through Mexico. That's not happening anymore."

Great job protecting those illegals from America Mr President. :patriot:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2020, 12:10:32 am »
If you're interested, I have a simple recipe using Vicks nasal inhalers.

I'm good. One 25 mg ephedrine is all my BP can handle.

Annnddd....I have my meth dealer...thats right, you guessed it...on speed dial...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2020, 12:38:27 am »

Oh Lord, but I would have a rebellion on my hands. I got into the habit of giving Chewy a milkbone morning and night.. In the morning, when he comes in from his first time out for the day, and in the night, when he comes in for the last time... The idea being that he knows it's coming (and he does), so he'll hurry up his business and not lollygag (and he does).

If he don't get his milkbones... I dunno what but it won't be good... chewed up shoes... poopin on my pillow... something. He can be very vindictive... and the thing about cow dogs... They'll think it through. it is deliberate.

Nope. I keep an extra case around.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #422 on: April 02, 2020, 12:41:45 am »
Does anyone know what CRISPR is?? Of all things, I stumbled on this article. You know, one would need to be involved in this scientific field I believe.:
Covid-19 is scary. Could a rogue scientist use CRISPR to conjure another pandemic?

By Neal Baer    March 26, 2020   

ncertainty breeds panic. As Covid-19 spreads across the planet, stock markets have crashed in response to the economic impact this virus will wreak on the global economy and cities around the world are shutting down.

We shouldn’t really be surprised by SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus. We’ve seen this scenario play out before with Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). In his book “Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic,” David Quammen warned us years ago about the dangers of animal viruses jumping into humans. It was only a matter of time, he wrote, that our destruction of forests and jungles would put us in contact with bats and other wild species that harbor viruses that had previously gone undetected.

Covid-19 is a powerful narrative. It has twists and turns, with exotic animals like horseshoe bats and scaly pangolins playing the antagonists as the source of the infection. Our fears are piqued by how much is still unknown — about the best we’re told we can do to protect ourselves is to stay away from people and wash our hands frequently, which seems, in this high-tech era, far too mundane for something that has essentially shut down the U.S. and other countries.

Read more at:  https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/26/could-rogue-scientist-use-crispr-create-pandemic/

We've heard about biological weapons but nothing in that has really occurred in recent decades in my view with biological weapons, nothing of significance that is.

A ways down, the article talks about what if some terror group developed something and then, yeah, the bad guys spoken of are white supremacists. Maybe that's just an example but it put me off the article some...

But that said,  there's a chance COVID-19 came out of a lab but I don't think that is likely but the next time around, you know, someone could develop something that might be frightful.

The article is largely beyond my pay-scale... or probably more correctly, I don't care to read and get it all down, of which they speak but it might be interesting to some.

One more note, if you research CRISPR   , a whole lot of stuff comes up. Some here probably have heard of it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #423 on: April 02, 2020, 12:48:51 am »

HA! speed dial... You crack me up Fred.

:laugh: :beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #424 on: April 02, 2020, 12:54:33 am »
In your case, it seems downright prudent to avoid contact, at least until either a cure/treatment that won't adversely affect you or a accine is developed.
(My dog likes popcorn...will play catch for hours if you have enough. Entertainment as well as a little exercise. jus' sayin.)

I've already been shut in for the most part for 3 weeks.  I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel on this -- who knows when the vaccine will become available and even at that -- will the vaccine be effective for those with underlying conditions?  I am doubtful that there will be a cure and treatments that they have now do have adverse affects.  I foresee that we'll be shut in for at least a year.  Rather depressing if I stop and think about it.  I'm only 62 -- four walls now is our life?

My dog Geronimo, loves popcorn, but if he doesn't get his Milkbone at noon he is a royal PITA!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.