Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129722 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1600 on: October 02, 2022, 09:53:02 pm »
Tonight, another post-apocalyptic film I scrounged up on the net:
Terminator: Salvation

Online corbe

« Reply #1601 on: October 08, 2022, 03:21:09 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1602 on: October 08, 2022, 02:53:08 pm »
Seal Team 6.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1603 on: October 08, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
Bosch: Legacy
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1604 on: October 08, 2022, 03:04:29 pm »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1605 on: October 08, 2022, 03:10:43 pm »
@Free Vulcan

I liked Harry Bosch.

I like the new reincarnation @sneakypete it's very well written and almost imperceptible pc. Nice to be entertained and have my brain engaged too instead of getting slapped in the face with some preachy woke church service.

They even slide in some anti-woke messaging. I like Bosch's 'Everybody counts or nobody counts' slogan.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1606 on: October 08, 2022, 03:48:45 pm »
LOL!  Hooked on Season NINE of "Blacklist".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmmOoEnWWYw
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:50:04 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1607 on: October 08, 2022, 09:36:26 pm »
This weekend:
Escape from L.A., with Kurt Russell as Snake Plisken (again).

Never saw it before.

Online corbe

« Reply #1608 on: October 08, 2022, 10:23:00 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1609 on: October 08, 2022, 10:53:58 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMlJfiA2u7Y

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051201/  WITNESS FOR THE PROSECTION - 1957

Watched this movie as an eleven year-old and have probably seen it a dozen times in my lifetime.

psssst... and I enjoyed it each time!    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1610 on: October 08, 2022, 10:54:45 pm »

One of the best film noirs ever made imho. That and “Mildred Pierce”

@corbe the novel of Double indemnity is also a fantastic read. James Cain writes like a poet…..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 10:56:28 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1611 on: October 10, 2022, 08:48:50 pm »
There is a new season of BLACKLIST on NF picking up where Liz gets shot.
Watched a little of the first episode, but had other things to do. Will resume it tonight.
Surprise to many because no indication given the show was going to continue.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1612 on: October 10, 2022, 08:59:36 pm »
There is a new season of BLACKLIST on NF picking up where Liz gets shot.
Watched a little of the first episode, but had other things to do. Will resume it tonight.
Surprise to many because no indication given the show was going to continue.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395880.msg2719761.html#msg2719761

:beer:

Online berdie

« Reply #1613 on: October 10, 2022, 10:04:02 pm »
Last night I watched (from recorded material):

Bat 21-1980's VN Gene Hackman flick
I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang- 1930's Paul Muni flick

Both were good. Even the Fugitive. It was pretty sophisticated for it's time.

I will now return to my normally scheduled programming of comedies.  :laugh: I hate for things to get too serious. Life provides enough of that.

Online corbe

« Reply #1614 on: October 10, 2022, 10:12:00 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1615 on: October 18, 2022, 10:28:26 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If0N3sYG3vY

A most excellent movie THE TURNING POINT 2022 (NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE)

About a shy, lazy twenty-something who runs into a confident thief.

Of course, I used the ENGLISH Language option (with subtitles because I can't hear sh*t)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1616 on: October 18, 2022, 11:01:58 pm »

Watched this movie as an eleven year-old and have probably seen it a dozen times in my lifetime.

Great movie.  Charles Laughton was awesome in that movie.  He did a great Captain Bligh, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1617 on: October 18, 2022, 11:05:11 pm »
Just watched Suite Française with Michelle Williams.  Good flick.  German occupation of a French town during WWII.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1618 on: October 18, 2022, 11:18:41 pm »

Nice to see a couple of oldies showing up on the list here... Double Indemnity included. Witness for the Persecution is a great watch... Have it on disk around here somewhere.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1619 on: October 18, 2022, 11:40:25 pm »
Just finished 'The Watcher' on NF. It is an interest show, not a great show. My opinion is that the writers tried to get too clever for themselves and wound up chasing their tail. Like a frayed rope, so many plot threads develop and lead to a dead-end. It is weird that way.

Could have easily been just a normal movie, in fact it may have been better like that. It is a more-or-less simplistic story which is vastly over complicated with unnecessary suspense, twists and turns which go nowhere, interjected into the primary plot-line.

I will not say it was a waste of time. It was interesting and kept me coming back for the next dose. It was just disappointing. Mostly because I could see bones of really great tale, poorly executed. They outsmarted themselves trying to make a Hitchcock style suspense horror film in my opinion.

In the end, it comes down to a shoulder shrug, muttering 'It was Ok.'
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1620 on: October 18, 2022, 11:50:23 pm »
Just finished 'The Watcher' on NF. It is an interest show, not a great show. My opinion is that the writers tried to get too clever for themselves and wound up chasing their tail. Like a frayed rope, so many plot threads develop and lead to a dead-end. It is weird that way.

Could have easily been just a normal movie, in fact it may have been better like that. It is a more-or-less simplistic story which is vastly over complicated with unnecessary suspense, twists and turns which go nowhere, interjected into the primary plot-line.

I will not say it was a waste of time. It was interesting and kept me coming back for the next dose. It was just disappointing. Mostly because I could see bones of really great tale, poorly executed. They outsmarted themselves trying to make a Hitchcock style suspense horror film in my opinion.

In the end, it comes down to a shoulder shrug, muttering 'It was Ok.'

@240B

Have seen a couple of clickbait teasers announcing viewers getting upset watching it.

Have conditioned myself to quit movies that gratuitously fold unnecessary woke crap into the plotlines

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1621 on: October 19, 2022, 12:00:56 am »

@240B

Have seen a couple of clickbait teasers announcing viewers getting upset watching it.

Have conditioned myself to quit movies that gratuitously fold unnecessary woke crap into the plotlines
No woke stuff in the show. But there are a lot of deliberately misleading plot threads. Apparently someone thought this is "clever". I don't know?

IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes are not being kind.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1622 on: October 19, 2022, 03:54:37 am »
Outer Range on Amazon. Not bad so far.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1623 on: October 19, 2022, 05:54:30 am »
The Enchanted Cottage (1945)... Little slow, but sweet message.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1624 on: October 19, 2022, 02:13:37 pm »
Outer Range on Amazon. Not bad so far.

To each his own. I thought that one sucked.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien