Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129546 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1450 on: August 10, 2022, 02:53:43 pm »
Just started watching "Line of Duty" on Brit Box.

It's a BBC tv show about the Metropolitan Police of London,and pretty interesting. And "Yes,the London cops DO carry guns. Not only handguns,but full-auto carbines at times. Or at least their version of the SWAT Teams carry them.

LOTS of dirty dealing and back-stabbing going on. So much that sometimes it's hard to remember "Who is in 3rd base".

NO shortage of political corruption through the leadership,either.

One of the bosses is a woman with a beautiful Scottish accent. Almost sounds like she is singing when she is doing nothing but talking. She could have her way with me if she played her cards right.

NO supermodels screaming "Hi,ya!" as they "karate kick" the snot out of a dozen bad guys without breaking a nail or a heel. I like that,too.

BTW,if you have a ROKU player you  can either watch it from the BBC home page,or through your ROKU by doing a ROKU search for "Line of Duty". If you do this,you can go back and see an episode again if you missed one because of a phone call,fell asleep,etc,etc,etc.

You can't do that through the BBC site for some odd reason. I watch tv to have something to do,and often fall asleep while watching it,so being able to do a replay is necessary for me in a show with so many complex characters and situations. Otherwise I would never know what the hell is going on.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 02:59:31 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1451 on: August 10, 2022, 02:58:58 pm »
I started watching Rick and Morty.

Don’t know why it took to watch this cartoon. The SF in it is cool, and Schroedinger’s Cat is alive and well in an alternate time line.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1452 on: August 11, 2022, 01:37:20 am »
Forgot I haven't seen the last season of the Blacklist, also one of the best darn shows in the last 10 years even if it's drug on a few seasons too long.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1453 on: August 11, 2022, 10:07:17 am »
I am watching "Fear the Walking Dead".

I would have bet actual money I would never enjoy ANY of these shows,and decided to watch "The Walking Dead" (the original series) just to see if I could "get" what the attraction was.

I ended binge watching every episode.
I like the way that started out. The addict, absent any semblance of normalcy in his life, picked up on the zombies first, because he was completely bereft of any normalcy bias. Later on, though, two dudes sucking face left my living room for good.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1454 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:37 am »
Just started watching "Line of Duty" on Brit Box.

It's a BBC tv show about the Metropolitan Police of London,and pretty interesting. And "Yes,the London cops DO carry guns. Not only handguns,but full-auto carbines at times. Or at least their version of the SWAT Teams carry them.

LOTS of dirty dealing and back-stabbing going on. So much that sometimes it's hard to remember "Who is in 3rd base".

NO shortage of political corruption through the leadership,either.

One of the bosses is a woman with a beautiful Scottish accent. Almost sounds like she is singing when she is doing nothing but talking. She could have her way with me if she played her cards right.

NO supermodels screaming "Hi,ya!" as they "karate kick" the snot out of a dozen bad guys without breaking a nail or a heel. I like that,too.

BTW,if you have a ROKU player you  can either watch it from the BBC home page,or through your ROKU by doing a ROKU search for "Line of Duty". If you do this,you can go back and see an episode again if you missed one because of a phone call,fell asleep,etc,etc,etc.

You can't do that through the BBC site for some odd reason. I watch tv to have something to do,and often fall asleep while watching it,so being able to do a replay is necessary for me in a show with so many complex characters and situations. Otherwise I would never know what the hell is going on.
I hear you there. When I come in from a job, I unload my stuff, catch up on the mail (especially bills), and when that's done, kick back in my recliner and often just zonk out, sometimes for hours. Being able to back up to the last scene I remember is not just important, but vital to understanding what I just slept through.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1455 on: August 11, 2022, 10:16:17 am »
It's around elsewhere... Prime, I believe, in whatever they're calling IMDb now... I saw it recently in a couple places.

But yeah. I grew up around folks just like ol Walt. would like to say I am like him too, but I doubt I would fill them boots.

And while romanticized and dramatized (and more than a little dorkified by hollywood ignorance), the life portrayed there is like my own, to include the interplay between small town and rural, small town and county, and county and rez.

Great show.

I like Justified too, which has a good feel for the underbelly of rural crime. And I know folks just like ol Raylan Givens, Boyd Crowder, and gals like Ava and Winona. Heck, even the names seem natural...
Mrs. Joe loved it, because the writers had the complexities of LEO and other interactions along a reservation border down. She got me to watch, and I think we saw every episode at least twice.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1456 on: August 11, 2022, 02:32:49 pm »
I like the way that started out. The addict, absent any semblance of normalcy in his life, picked up on the zombies first, because he was completely bereft of any normalcy bias. Later on, though, two dudes sucking face left my living room for good.

@Smokin Joe

I don't remember that  at all.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1457 on: August 12, 2022, 02:52:54 am »
@sneakypete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQR5zsLHbYw

Happened to stumble upon The Nice Guys, starring Ryan Gosling and Russel Crowe on Netflix (New Release)

Deadpan, with a terrific cast!  Angouri Rice reminds me of a 13 year old Reese Witherspoon and steals scene after scene!  Kim Basinger is 'perfect'.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_nice_guys  Rotten Tomatoes 97%/79%

Probably one of the best movies I've seen in years!    :2popcorn: :2popcorn:  :pop41:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:38:44 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #1458 on: August 15, 2022, 10:00:02 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1459 on: August 17, 2022, 10:10:02 am »
Rewatching Poldark. Beautifully filmed, aptly written Masterpiece Theatre series. Even the soundtrack is superb.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1460 on: August 17, 2022, 12:13:36 pm »
Rewatching Poldark. Beautifully filmed, aptly written Masterpiece Theatre series. Even the soundtrack is superb.

@debraweist

Yup! If it is put out by Masterpiece Theater,you can count of a first-class production in all areas.

The do seem to do exceptionally well with the scenery,though.

Offline verga

« Reply #1461 on: August 17, 2022, 12:37:47 pm »
Vergette and I took someone's advice and we began watching "Alone"
Accidently started with season 8, loved it. Went back and did  Season one and began season 2.
We are also witching "Only Murders in the Building". Very funny Mystery.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1462 on: August 17, 2022, 06:29:23 pm »
@debraweist

Yup! If it is put out by Masterpiece Theater,you can count of a first-class production in all areas.

The do seem to do exceptionally well with the scenery,though.

Plus, I’m absolutely in love with Ross Poldark’s horse. Equine eye candy.  :silly:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1463 on: August 17, 2022, 06:32:23 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #1464 on: August 20, 2022, 03:28:37 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1465 on: August 20, 2022, 03:52:43 pm »
Walking Dead season 10. Better than the last few.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1466 on: August 21, 2022, 08:02:37 am »
New season of “60 Days In” started Thursday night on A&E

Don’t know why I’m fascinated by this show. It’s kind of like “Scared Straight” for adults
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1467 on: August 21, 2022, 05:20:40 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDy1trArroA

Watching SEASON 4 of ANCIENT ALIENS....10 episodes on NETFLIX.

Without commercials the 'story' flows as it should.  And, it's an amazing story.

NASA 'began' under a tight group of high-level Masons...which ensured everybody thought similarly...in the stars, etc..  NASA's charter also says that everything discovered falls under CLASSIFIED status and kept from the American public.

It suggests (at least to me) that John F. Kennedy may have been removed because he was ACTIVELY trying to merge "NASA" with the USSR Space Program.

It also follows the true genius of Wernher von Braun, who built the long-range rocket exploding over London in WWII to becoming "The Godfather of NASA".

++++++++++++++++++++   Also, a great Episode on "The Greys".     

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :pop41:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 05:23:02 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1468 on: August 21, 2022, 06:26:14 pm »

Watching SEASON 4 of ANCIENT ALIENS....10 episodes on NETFLIX.

Without commercials the 'story' flows as it should.  And, it's an amazing story.

NASA 'began' under a tight group of high-level Masons...which ensured everybody thought similarly...in the stars, etc..  NASA's charter also says that everything discovered falls under CLASSIFIED status and kept from the American public.

It suggests (at least to me) that John F. Kennedy may have been removed because he was ACTIVELY trying to merge "NASA" with the USSR Space Program.

It also follows the true genius of Wernher von Braun, who built the long-range rocket exploding over London in WWII to becoming "The Godfather of NASA".

++++++++++++++++++++   Also, a great Episode on "The Greys".     

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :pop41:

Half right @DCPatriot ... missing the occult angle. And because of what it is missing, the picture is incomplete. You should look to history. These things have been happening all the way along.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1469 on: August 21, 2022, 06:35:59 pm »
Half right @DCPatriot ... missing the occult angle. And because of what it is missing, the picture is incomplete. You should look to history. These things have been happening all the way along.

@roamer_1

Puma Punku's stone technology is the only proof you should need.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1470 on: August 21, 2022, 06:48:23 pm »
@roamer_1

Puma Punku's stone technology is the only proof you should need.

Surely - But I bet I see that differently than you do @DCPatriot . Y'al need to come sit on my porch sometime.  happy77 :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1471 on: August 21, 2022, 06:49:18 pm »
Surely - But I bet I see that differently than you do @DCPatriot . Y'al need to come sit on my porch sometime.  happy77 :beer:

@roamer_1    :beer:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1472 on: August 21, 2022, 06:54:42 pm »
Chariot of the G-ds was on Prime -I saw it last week.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1473 on: August 21, 2022, 07:00:45 pm »
Big Jake.....hey it's the Duke!

on Sundance
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1474 on: August 21, 2022, 07:21:34 pm »
I watched 'Uncharted' on Netflix last night.

It was alright. A rollicking rock em sock em Indiana Jonsey thing.