Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 127846 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1400 on: July 31, 2022, 08:24:44 pm »
Nope... definitely not Katie Sackoff.   Never could see the appeal there, btw. 

Well, I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers...

That's a lie. I would throw anybody out of bed for eating crackers... Cracker crumbs in the bed are insufferable,

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1401 on: July 31, 2022, 08:26:14 pm »
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0478762/mediaviewer/rm3579757568/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0478762/mediaviewer/rm223200256/

OMG... of course!!  She was one of Charlie's women in "Two and a half Men"  THAT'S where she got my attention!  LOL!    :beer:
Um, no, Victoria was played by Katee Sackhoff.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0755267/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1402 on: July 31, 2022, 08:32:12 pm »
Well, I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers...

That's a lie. I would throw anybody out of bed for eating crackers... Cracker crumbs in the bed are insufferable,

Oh, I don't know, @roamer_1

I'd sure love to share some graham crackers with Salma Hayek on my new Giza sheets... if I had a set.

...of sheets!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1403 on: July 31, 2022, 08:32:43 pm »
One of my favorite things about the show - they did not portray the Cheyenne as stock characters but as a whole range of personalities just like every other ethnic group on the planet.

I know Cheyenne. Way more Salish, but Cheyenne too... Yeah, folks is folks. But the interplay between the various characters is what it really is like - Natives vs white... There is a suspicion there, Just like what is portrayed.Not racist, necessarily, but different, and uncomfortable with the difference.

And a real bleed-over between the two cultures where they find mutual acceptance - Hillbillies around here have a whole lot of native culture woven in. I wear mocs, have a throat patch... feather laying down in my hat... Turquoise and silver... I carry a name with the Salish and the Cheyenne. I have sat in on many a sweat.

That inter-operation is real

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1404 on: July 31, 2022, 08:34:45 pm »

ROTFLMAO!!!

You know me too well... You knew right where I was goin.  :beer: :silly:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1405 on: July 31, 2022, 08:43:58 pm »
haha. Me too and all the movies.

I need a chron list for series and movies... Star Trek and Star wars.

They both go back and forth so much between pre and post that I just quit bothering with it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1406 on: July 31, 2022, 08:44:06 pm »
Oh, I don't know, @roamer_1

I'd sure love to share some graham crackers with Salma Hayek on my new Giza sheets... if I had a set.

I'd even let her eat chilidogs.  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1407 on: July 31, 2022, 08:45:44 pm »
ROTFLMAO!!!

You know me too well... You knew right where I was goin.  :beer: :silly:

:laugh:   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1408 on: July 31, 2022, 08:46:48 pm »

I like Justified too, which has a good feel for the underbelly of rural crime. And I know folks just like ol Raylan Givens, Boyd Crowder, and gals like Ava and Winona. Heck, even the names seem natural...

@roamer_1

YUP!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1409 on: July 31, 2022, 08:47:13 pm »
I'd even let her eat chilidogs.  :smokin:

Chilidogs are different... That's all smeary and not so bad till it gets pasty and cold.

Crumbly sucks. Get them danged crackers the hell outta my bed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1410 on: July 31, 2022, 08:48:32 pm »
Netflix has it.

I always thought the blond women Walt 'falls' for during one of the latter seasons was hot..Hot...HOT!!

Have had trouble locating her on IMDB, but I've seen her on at least one other show.

Anyone know who she is?

Jolee Carter???

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=justified+cast+season+1

Offline berdie

« Reply #1411 on: July 31, 2022, 08:56:35 pm »
I think most people still like shows where bad people get punished. Even my liberal stepdaughters like those kinds of shows.
Which is one reason why I can't put my stamp of approval of "No Country For Old Men" despite a great Oscar-winning performance by Javier Bardem. I won't give away the ending (maybe I already have) for anybody who hasn't watched it yet, but let's just say the ending was very disappointing.

The ending was somewhat disappointing because I need things spelled out for me. I won't post a spoiler either.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1412 on: July 31, 2022, 08:58:03 pm »
Walt had two main girlfriends in the series, first was already mentioned, second was Ally Walker who played Dr. Donna Sue Monaghan.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1413 on: July 31, 2022, 09:01:25 pm »
Have been so emotionally upset/drained over the state of the country...economy...people...news...

...that I've sought out Me TV and locked on LEAVE IT TO BEAVER reruns.

We were so damned fortunate to be young kids in the 50's and 60's.

We absolutely were! Before Dish decided to deny me the privilege of Me Tv...I also watched Carol Brunett show and on Sunday night a 30 minute episode of Ed Sullivan reruns. They just made me sit on the couch and laugh, even if not intended. A much simpler time.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1414 on: July 31, 2022, 09:10:46 pm »

We absolutely were! Before Dish decided to deny me the privilege of Me Tv...I also watched Carol Brunett show and on Sunday night a 30 minute episode of Ed Sullivan reruns. They just made me sit on the couch and laugh, even if not intended. A much simpler time.

I can still 'hear' my Sicilian grandmother who lived with us...downstairs at her kitchen table suddenly breaking out in loud laughter while listening to Gomer Pyle.    She'd roar every 30 seconds.

@berdie     :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1415 on: July 31, 2022, 09:13:08 pm »
Walt had two main girlfriends in the series, first was already mentioned, second was Ally Walker who played Dr. Donna Sue Monaghan.

I'm speaking of character "Lizzie Ambrose".

Didn't she try to get her hooks into Walt and something tragic happened?    :shrug:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1416 on: July 31, 2022, 09:20:25 pm »
I'm speaking of character "Lizzie Ambrose".

Didn't she try to get her hooks into Walt and something tragic happened?    :shrug:

Unless I missed it, the Lizzie character just faded out. There was never any mention of her after a certain point.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1417 on: July 31, 2022, 09:29:18 pm »
Unless I missed it, the Lizzie character just faded out. There was never any mention of her after a certain point.

I thought her character died of suicide in front of Walt's house one night...  I can't remember bleep anymore.  LOL!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1418 on: August 04, 2022, 09:29:35 pm »
I am watching a series now that seems to be based on the FBI opening a special investigations branch on sadistic,sexual serial killers in the early 70's.

GREAT show with great writing,and a lot of actors that are also great actors,but  are not very attractive and would norally never be seen on tv or in a movie.

The male Feeb lead is almost as handsome as I am,but pretty much everybody else looks like regular people.

Great writing and great acting. I think most of you will enjoy it. Especially if you enjoyed movies like "Silence of the Lambs".

It is titled "Mindhunter" and is playing on Netflix.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1419 on: August 04, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »
I am watching a series now that seems to be based on the FBI opening a special investigations branch on sadistic,sexual serial killers in the early 70's.

GREAT show with great writing,and a lot of actors that are also great actors,but  are not very attractive and would norally never be seen on tv or in a movie.

The male Feeb lead is almost as handsome as I am,but pretty much everybody else looks like regular people.

Great writing and great acting. I think most of you will enjoy it. Especially if you enjoyed movies like "Silence of the Lambs".

Glad you finally found that, @sneakypete

The actors portraying famous serial killers being interviewed by the agents were nominated for multiple awards.

GREAT to binge!   :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1420 on: August 04, 2022, 09:50:42 pm »
Was an incredible wait for the final half final season of Better Call Saul......

Do have to say it has fallen into a pointless exercise of "Why?".

Very disappointed, especially with the hype and knowing how compelling and powerful the final season of "Breaking Bad" was.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1421 on: August 04, 2022, 10:10:10 pm »
Watched the new Maigret (French Old Inspector series of movies) and it was very slow but watchable. 5.5 out of 10 rating.

Next... Mrs. Harris goes to Paris (remake) and it was great the first half then went to commie hugging.
Rate 6.3 out of 10

Next... Only Murders in the Building (Steve Martin) series (up to middle of Season 2 at present) and it was woke with lots of needless cursing. Give it a 5.8 out of 10

Next... Old kids movie called "Heavyweights" (1995) which is a kid getting sent to "Fat Camp" for the Summer. It was entertaining for the most part in a simple way (nostalgia). 6.7 out of 10.

Next... another kid movie just released called Minions - Rise of Gru... too silly for me, and just not my cup of tea though I liked the first movie... Rating 4.5 out of 10

Finally a Period Piece Series called "Belgravia"... It was pick of the litter of all of them. 7.7 out of 10
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:20:53 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

« Reply #1422 on: August 04, 2022, 11:08:12 pm »

Next... Only Murders in the Building (Steve Martin) series (up to middle of Season 2 at present) and it was woke with lots of needless cursing. Give it a 5.8 out of 10

Next... another kid movie just released called Minions - Rise of Gru... too silly for me, and just not my cup of tea though I liked the first movie... Rating 4.5 out of 10
Loved both of those
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1423 on: August 05, 2022, 04:24:31 am »
Glad you finally found that, @sneakypete

The actors portraying famous serial killers being interviewed by the agents were nominated for multiple awards.

GREAT to binge!   :beer:

@DCPatriot

And they RICHLY deserved them!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1424 on: August 05, 2022, 06:10:24 pm »

I liked that one. It's ggod.