Author Topic: Fewer posts/people posting???  (Read 2046 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Fewer posts/people posting???
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 05:46:14 am »
It was sunny here yesterday and I went to the beach for the day.  Lots of people had the same idea.  It was nice seeing families out and about.  The little ones wading into the water, making sand castles and throwing stones into the water.  You wouldn't even know if you didn't know. 

I sure hope they don't quarantine the entire country.  Hope they don't quarantine Washington state.  I think it is wise for people at risk with underlying conditions and the elderly to stay at home.  But the rest of us need our vitamin D in the form of sunshine.  And we need fresh air and a fresh outlook.

Yeah so long as I am pointing anywhere but town, everything is just fine... Farms, ranches and sticks... Just another day...

But then, we have a thing going on... Spokane has it (hotspot), and Missoula has it... So it is just a matter of time, as I said a while back.. And the time is now. It is here... So the townies are into the barricade thing, I guess.  :shrug:

It's dumb. No sense in it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 05:55:59 am »
I don't live far enough out to not be affected.  Might or might not have work Monday.  God has really blessed you @roamer_1 .  Given you real refuge from the storm.  Real shelter under His Wings.

Speaking of that I also had an Eagle encounter yesterday.  I have had several but I was driving home and this bald Eagle flew across the highway.  Then he flew right in front of my car.  I thought I might hit him.  But he flew a little way in front of me and was gone.

Those I consider God encounters.  God reminding me that he has me under His Wings.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2020, 06:06:33 am »
It wouldn’t bother me if a couple of people around here would post less.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2020, 06:18:21 am »
Thank you for setting a good example @LilLamb  :thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2020, 06:18:48 am »
I don't live far enough out to not be affected.  Might or might not have work Monday.  God has really blessed you @roamer_1 .  Given you real refuge from the storm.  Real shelter under His Wings.

Nah... Not so much @Chosen Daughter ... I am just a mile out of town... Altogether too dang close to all them crazy townies... But the woods are closer still, and all I have to do is head west instead of east, and sanity ensues.

I can take the truck bypass south of town to the John Deere, and to Murdoch's (ranch store), though the Cenex (grain elevators, other ranch store) is hard to get at without going through town. All the rest can go hang for a while.

But we ain't unaffected... Mom is sequestered, and my sis has respiratory issues, so she is too... My younger son and his wife are step and fetchin for em... Both of them are on the ranch and won't come off it till the thing passes by... My elder son is security up at the hospital and his wife is a nurse, so they are in it up to their lips... One of the active cases here is a doctor up at the hospital, so you know what that means.

Speaking of that I also had an Eagle encounter yesterday.  I have had several but I was driving home and this bald Eagle flew across the highway.  Then he flew right in front of my car.  I thought I might hit him.  But he flew a little way in front of me and was gone.

Those I consider God encounters.  God reminding me that he has me under His Wings.

Heh... I have a thing for birds of prey... YHWH always sends me messages by them... Other than the big baldy that comes and sits on a stretcher post in my fence every morning and blows sh*t in my strawberry patch.   *****rollingeyes*****

I hope I don't know what that means.   happy77

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2020, 09:21:21 am »
Thank you for setting a good example @LilLamb  :thumbsup:

I can dream.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2020, 03:03:42 pm »
@sneakypete Congratulations quitter.

@Once-Ler

Well,it was either quit or turn pro. I suddenly became aware of what was going on around me one late summer day in the late 1970's,when I realized I was looking down the barrel of my P-38 Walther,and wondering why it quit firing.

The next few things I realized were that it quit firing because I was out of ammo and the slide was locked open,and that it was late summer and I remembered it being early spring. I also didn't recognize the car parked near me,and didn't remember buying it. The last thing I remembered,I was driving a 75 dollar Chevy pu I used to move from Colorado to the east coast.

The last things I clearly remembered were picking up a hitch-hiker one day while driving home from "the city",and handing him the joint I was smoking. He thanked me and took a toke,then asked me if I would be interested in buying some acid (LSD).

I remember responding with "How much do you have,how much do you want for it,and is it any good?"

I remember him replying with "I have 500 hits for sale for $? (good price),and I can't tell you yet if it is good or not. I just took some,so watch me and make your own decision."

So I stopped off at a friends place where he and I and my friend smoked another joint,and I not only watched him,but took a hit myself. I remember buying all 500 hits.

The last thing I CLEARLY remember is a friend from a professional bootlegging family in Ga stopping by with the whole trunk of his Buick Electra filled full of plastic gallon milk jugs of white whiskey,and trading him some of the acid for some/most/all of the whiskey.

Things got a little confusing after that,and many,many things became a blur. Including where I had been working and pretty much everything else that had happened since. I later found out things got to the point where my lifelong friends and family members would have parties and not tell me about them because I would usually start a fight or break things.

I have no idea how I came to have that moment of clarity,but it was VERY clear my options were to either quit or turn pro,so I punked out and quit. Haven't been drunk or high since and haven't wanted to do either. Not even tempted when at parties where my friends were drinking and getting high. I just flat had no interest. I would love to be able to tell you about the mighty struggle I had getting sober,but it would be a lie. It was one of the easiest things I have ever done.

I do have both whiskey and beer in my refrigerator because the whisky is a half-fifth I have left over,and I keep the beer there so I can have a cold one after working in the yard in the summer if I want,or to offer to a guest that stops by. I drank 2 of the beers a couple of years ago after working in the yard all day one hot summer day.

I just have zero interest in getting high or drunk. I flat wore it out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2020, 03:34:04 pm »
People want to escape the reality of being stuck at home because of the virus.  I could see why people wouldn't want to dwell on it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2020, 03:47:59 pm »

(In my best Kellyanne Conway voice):

"Give us a name....."     

happy77       :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2020, 04:05:55 pm »
Yeah so long as I am pointing anywhere but town, everything is just fine... Farms, ranches and sticks... Just another day...

But then, we have a thing going on... Spokane has it (hotspot), and Missoula has it... So it is just a matter of time, as I said a while back.. And the time is now. It is here... So the townies are into the barricade thing, I guess.  :shrug:

It's dumb. No sense in it.

I've been taking 8-10 exterior photos of private homes, townhomes and condominiums for mortgage lenders in my retirement.

Started back in the crash of '06, when stated-income was used to qualify home buyers and that paper ended up worthless.

Today, most of the jobs I get are for home equity loans...where the owners are tapping their equity and borrowing against it. 

So...
#1, it's a amicable 'visit', where nobody is going to come running out and getting in your face.
#2, Can go an entire workday without speaking to anybody in person, so the risk is minimum.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

However, we also do interior jobs that are occupied.  Owners trying to get rid of the monthly payments on their private mortgage insurance.

Those jobs require interior pictures sometimes totaling 100+/-.  Expecting those to decrease with owners postponing the idea until this cools off.

Covid-19 will see me getting more exterior jobs for "Delinquencies over 30 days", despite the protections being put in place postponing foreclosures, etc..

The security holder will still want those photos for their files to ensure the property is being maintained and not abandoned, etc..

Bottom line...I'll be out there until they say I can't.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 04:08:13 pm »
My guess is most of the activity are narrowed down to a few threads related to coronavirus. Those threads are long and active...

@DB

Not to mention boring.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 04:10:58 pm »
@DB

Not to mention boring.

You'd think Netflix would put out season 3 of Ozark, NOW...instead of waiting until the 27th.

But that's only going to keep us for a couple of days, tops!   :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2020, 04:31:06 pm »
You'd think Netflix would put out season 3 of Ozark, NOW...instead of waiting until the 27th.

M

@DCPatriot

Doesn't worry me a bit.  I can always rewatch Shameless,Game of Thrones,Better Call Saul,Justified,Vikings,MI-5,Luther,etc,etc,etc.

Online DB

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2020, 04:39:14 pm »
M

@DCPatriot

Doesn't worry me a bit.  I can always rewatch Shameless,Game of Thrones,Better Call Saul,Justified,Vikings,MI-5,Luther,etc,etc,etc.

Unless the Internet craps out... That would turn things in an ugly way fast...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2020, 04:43:38 pm »

Bottom line...I'll be out there until they say I can't.

Yeah, me too... I would rather be outside anyway. Just not in town. And when they say I can't, I got a finger to use for that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2020, 04:44:31 pm »
Unless the Internet craps out... That would turn things in an ugly way fast...

@DB

Yeah,that is one way of putting it. I,like many others,have a tendency to get a little violent when I am bored.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2020, 04:45:22 pm »
M

@DCPatriot

Just now fixin to watch that final season of GoT.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »
Just now fixin to watch that final season of GoT.

@roamer_1

Frankly,I am jealous of anyone who has never seen any season of GoT,and is getting ready to watch Season 1,Episode 1.

I only watched it for the first time because I had just finished another series,and wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. I freely admit I would have never watched a single episode if I had known there was going to be dragons.

Episode 1 of Season 1 had me hooked.

BTW,if you have never watched it,check out "Breaking Bad". I know that one season it was on it aired at the same time as the Super Bowl,and it drew more viewers.

EVERY single episode had me saying "DAMN! I didn't see THAT coming!" as it ended.

MI-5 is something special,too. NOBODY does drama better than the Brits.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:56:43 pm by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2020, 05:05:43 pm »
@roamer_1

Frankly,I am jealous of anyone who has never seen any season of GoT,and is getting ready to watch Season 1,Episode 1.

I only watched it for the first time because I had just finished another series,and wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. I freely admit I would have never watched a single episode if I had known there was going to be dragons.

@sneakypete
This is kinda the other way around... Everyone was so pissed off by the final season that I just left it off, figuring not to spoil it... But spoil it I will, here in a bit.

BTW,if you have never watched it,check out "Breaking Bad". I know that one season it was on it aired at the same time as the Super Bowl,and it drew more viewers.

EVERY single episode had me saying "DAMN! I didn't see THAT coming!" as it ended.

I will take you up on that... I have avoided Breaking Bad, considering the content. Did the same with Better Call Saul... But Better Call Saul turned out to be one of the better series I have ever enjoyed.

Good Lord. This keeps up and I will be a Walking Dead fan. *shakes head*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2020, 05:11:34 pm »
@roamer_1

Must admit, I've never seen a second of GoT.  I stopped watching most TeeBee too many years ago to count.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2020, 05:14:59 pm »
Must admit, I've never seen a second of GoT.  I stopped watching most TeeBee too many years ago to count.   :shrug:

Me too *cough putlocker cough*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2020, 05:15:19 pm »
@sneakypete
[
This is kinda the other way around... Everyone was so pissed off by the final season that I just left it off, figuring not to spoil it... But spoil it I will, here in a bit.

@roamer_1

I think it was more of a matter of everyone was so depressed at the fact it was the show that put the series to death had them so bummed out nothing would have pleased them.

BTW,one show I loved that I WANT to see put to death is Shameless. This last season should have never aired.

I will take you up on that... I have avoided Breaking Bad, considering the content. Did the same with Better Call Saul... But Better Call Saul turned out to be one of the better series I have ever enjoyed.

If you like Better Call Saul,you will LOVE Breaking Bad. You will understand why I say this once you start watching it.

Good Lord. This keeps up and I will be a Walking Dead fan. *shakes head*

I am a HUGE fan of The Walking Dead,and I freaking HATE horror shows.

The dirty little truth is it is really a show about what happens  after "the end of the world as we know it,and how people adapt and survive as they work to establish a new civilization."

The walking dead are just a "tool" to sell the concept to teens and 20-somethings.

Face it,how scary can a monster be that is growling all the time so it CAN'T sneak up on you,and stumbles along so slowly you can escape by just walking away?

As in real life,the TRUE monsters are some of the humans that survive now that there is no law to stop them from being "who/what" they truly are.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2020, 05:22:19 pm »
I am a HUGE fan of The Walking Dead,and I freaking HATE horror shows.

The dirty little truth is it is really a show about what happens  after "the end of the world as we know it,and how people adapt and survive as they work to establish a new civilization."

The walking dead are just a "tool" to sell the concept to teens and 20-somethings.

Face it,how scary can a monster be that is growling all the time so it CAN'T sneak up on you,and stumbles along so slowly you can escape by just walking away?

As in real life,the TRUE monsters are some of the humans that survive now that there is no law to stop them from being "who/what" they truly are.

Yeah, that's all well and good - But I been 'zombied out' since about the late 80's Seen more zombie flicks by then to last a lifetime or two... So no, I have standards... No Walking Dead for me.

And that's odd btw - Unlike you, I watch horror stories with a great attention. Same with 'dragons'... Being a direct adversary of the Occult, I watch their propaganda with purpose.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2020, 05:39:54 pm »

I'm thinking about buying Amazon stock....their business has to be exploding with noone leaving the house.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2020, 05:44:52 pm »

And that's odd btw - Unlike you, I watch horror stories with a great attention. Same with 'dragons'... Being a direct adversary of the Occult, I watch their propaganda with purpose.

@roamer_1

LOL! I have NEVER been a fan of monster movies unless the monsters were human.